On September 23, 2021, the National Pension System Trust or the NPS Trust released an official notification announcing the retest for the Descriptive English paper which was taken on July 31, 2021.
We have been receiving questions from our students who are concerned about the details of this re-examination. We will answer all these questions for you below. If you still have any queries after that, you can leave comment below.
NPS Trust Grade B 2021 Retest Details
- Will all the papers be taken again?
No. Only 1 paper is being retaken.
2. Which paper do I have to write again?
Only Paper 1 from Phase 2, that is the Descriptive English paper will be taken again.
3. When will this retest be taken?
The exam has been slated for Saturday, October 9, 2021
4. Will I be issued a new admit card?
Yes, a new call letter will be issued which can be downloaded from their website in due time.
5. If I did not appear for the exam on July 31, 2021, can I take this test?
No, only those candidates who appeared for the exam in July are eligible for retest.
6. By when can I send in my decision to take the retest or not?
The window to select your option is functional between September 23-27, 2021. You must send in your decision by then.
7. What if I don’t want to take the retest?
The retest is optional. You can go to the portal (see Q.8) and select the option ‘no’ for taking the test.
8. How do I apply for the retest?
When you log in to your exam portal, you will be asked a question; “Would you like to appear for the Re-test for Paper I (Descriptive Paper).” You can select the answer in yes or no. If you do not select any option within the timeframe as said above, you will automatically be generated a call letter for the centre you were allotted last time.
9. How will the marks be calculated after the retest?
Marks will be considered for Paper 1 that the candidates will be writing on October 09, 2021 and for Paper 2 written on July 31, 2021.
10. How will the marks be calculated for those who DO NOT take the retest?
Marks will be considered for both the papers written on July 31, 2021.
We hope you will make the most of this opportunity.
All the best!
Read the entire official notification released by the NPS Trust.