The IBPS SO Law Officer exam is almost here. The IBPS SO Prelims will be conducted on December 26, 2021. With almost two weeks to go, we hope you are done with your preparations for this exam.
The admit card for IBPS SO Prelims has been released. Candidates can download it here.
In this article, we will discuss the important Acts which will be tested in Phase 2 of the IBPS SO exam i.e. Professional Knowledge.
- 1 IBPS SO Law Officer: Exam Pattern
- 2 IBPS SO Law Officer Mains Exam
- 3 IBPS SO Law Officer: Important Acts
- 4 IBPS SO Law Officer 2021: Preparation Tips
- 5 Important Books for IBPS SO Law Officer Mains Exam
- 6 Study with ixamBee for IBPS SO Law Officer Exam
IBPS SO Law Officer: Exam Pattern
Before we dive into the important Acts, let us understand a little bit about the exam pattern.
The IBPS SO Law Officer recruitment is conducted in three phases-
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
IBPS SO Law Officer Mains Exam
- The candidates qualifying the IBPS SO Law Officer Prelims 2021, will be called for the Mains exam.
- This paper will test only 1 subject, i.e., Professional Knowledge (Law)
The Mains exam pattern is as follows-
|Name of the Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|Professional Knowledge (Law)||60||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
IBPS SO Law Officer: Important Acts
- The section on ‘Important Acts’ in the Law Officer exam holds the highest weightage. Therefore, it is essential to prepare for this section well.
- Majority of the questions will be asked from topics which have direct/ indirect implications on the banking sector.
- You can refer to IBPS SO Law Officer previous year papers to get an idea about the type of questions.
Candidates who have applied for IBPS SO Law Officer post can ace their exam preparation by first noting down the syllabus topic wise. All the important acts that you need to focus on, have been mentioned below.
- RBI Act,1934
- Banking Regulations Act,1949
- SARFAESI Act, 2002
- Debt Recovery Tribunal Act, 1993
- Banking Ombudsman Scheme, 2006
Banking Related Laws
- Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881
- Transfer of Property Act,1881
- Consumer Protection Act, 2019
- Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Information Technology Act, 2000
- Right to Information Act, 2005
- Constitution of India
- Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
- Criminal Procedure Code, 1973
- Indian Evidence Act, 1872
- Limitation Act, 1963
IBPS SO Law Officer 2021: Preparation Tips
Since law as a subject is quite vast, it is important to study smart and not hard.
- Among the topics mentioned above focus should be on the topics related to the banking laws and banking related laws.
- For the other laws, just focus on the basics and important sections. There is no need to study these topics in detail.
- Start with smaller Acts. This will make it easier to study bigger topics.
- Referring to the bare acts will be sufficient.
- Refer to books only for conceptual clarity.
- Practice with ixamBee’s IBPS SO Online Mock Tests. This will help you identify your weak areas so you can prepare them well before the actual exam. These mock tests are free.
Important Books for IBPS SO Law Officer Mains Exam
- IBPS (CRP SPL-VI) Specialist Officers’ Cadre Law Officer Scale I Study Guide
- IBPS-CWE Specialist Officer Cadre Law Officer Scale I & II Recruitment Exam
- IBPS CWE- LAW Specialist Officer Work Book by Kiran Publication
Study with ixamBee for IBPS SO Law Officer Exam
To make your IBPS SO Law Officer preparation easy, ixamBee offers the IBPS SO Law Officer Online course which has been created to suit your needs.
Features of this course
- Accessible anywhere, anytime
- Prepare in a systematic way
- Subject matter expertise with hands-on experience
- Complete study materials to learn in your comfortable environment
- User-friendly and unique portal with all that you need to achieve your target score
- Live sessions to clear all your queries
- Last Minute Preparation Tips for IBPS SO Law Officer Prelims
- Syllabus Study Plan & More: IBPS SO Law Officer
- IBPS SO Reasoning Preparation with Sample Questions