The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has released an official notification on July 11, 2021, announcing the recruitment of aspirants to the position of Clerks (CRP-XI 2022-23). Let’s quickly check out the calendar, exam pattern, vacancies, eligibility for IBPS Recruitment Exam 2021.
IBPS Clerk Exam Calendar
|Application Window + Application Fees payment||12.07.2021 to 01.08.2021|
|Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training *||August 2021|
|Online Examination – Preliminary||28.08.2021, 29.08.2021 and 04.09.2021|
|Online Examination – Main||31.10.2021|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2022|
*Candidates must make a note that Pre-Exam Training will only be conducted if COVID-19 safety protocols permit.
IBPS Clerk Exam Eligibility Criteria
|Exam Name||IBPS Clerk Exam 2021|
|Age Criteria||Candidates must be between 21 and 28 years of age.|
|Educational Qualification||1. A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a recognized university. |
2. Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
3. Preferable: Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply
Additionally, candidates must have valid Mark-sheets or Degree Certificates that testify that they are qualified as required. You will be eligible to register if you graduate before August 1, 2021. They will need to enter their marks and such while registering.
IBPS Clerk Vacancy 2021
A total of 5830 vacancies have been announced this year across the states. Take a look at the table below to find state-wise vacancy details for each.
|State||No. of Vacancies (Indicative)|
|Andaman & Nicobar||3|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli Daman & Diu||2|
|Jammu & Kashmir||25|
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2021
There are only two phases in this examination- Prelims and Mains. There is no Interview. The Preliminary examination is qualifying in nature with sectional and overall cut-offs. The candidate needs to clear the cut-offs in order to appear for the next round.
|Subjects||No. of questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allotted|
|English Language||30||30||20 min|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
Candidates who clear the Prelims and will appear for the Mains will be asked to bring their Prelims’ admit card along with the Mains examination admit card as well. This is why candidates must keep their Prelims call letter safely.
|Subjects (Not by Sequence)||No. of questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allotted|
|General /Financial Awareness||50||50||35 min|
|General English||40||40||35 min|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 min|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 min|
Candidates must bear in mind that only the Mains examination marks will be considered for Provisional allotment. Although the exam is for 200 marks, the marks will be converted out of 100 for Provisional allotment. This means that it is not simply enough to obtain cut-off marks. Candidates need to score sufficiently well to rank high enough to fill the limited vacancies.
IBPS Clerk Exam 2021 Important Points
Aspirants must keep in mind certain important guidelines shared in the notification. Some of these important points have been listed below.
- Candidates can apply from only 1 state.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers in both phases of the examination.
- Wearing a mask to the examination centre is compulsory.
- Call Letter/Admit Card should be brought to the exam centre with the Photocopy of the Photo ID. Original ID (same as Photocopy) is to be brought with you for verification.
- The name on the ID and on the Call Letter/Admit Card must exactly match.
- Candidates must regularly keep checking the IBPS official website for details and updates.
Finally, the wait is over and the opportunity you were waiting for is knocking at your door!! Now that the exam has been announced and the application window is open, it is time for you to buck up and double your preparation.
If you are preparing for the IBPS Clerk Exam 2021, there is no time like the present to start your preparation with ixamBee. Join our online course where you will find all the necessary study materials and guidance that you will need to ace this exam.
ixamBee provides a range of online test series that can take at any time as a part of their preparation. The practice tests not only help you to evaluate your preparation but also give you a feel of the real full-length exam. Take a free mock test now!!
It will bode well to know about the organisation you hope to work with someday! Here you will find some trivia about IBPS
- IBPS came into being in 1975 as Personnel Selection Services (PSS).
- In 1984, the PSS was converted to the IBPS.
- Dr. A.S. Deshpande was the founder-director.
- The IBPS works under the authority of the Ministry of Finance.
- The headquarters are in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- The incumbent Chairman is Shri Rajkiran Rai G.
Get Free Online Test Series, GK updates in the form of Beepedia, as well as latest updates for Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI, NABARD, and Other Government Jobs.