The State Bank of India recently announced the SBI PO Mains 2022 result. We extend our heartiest congratulations to the candidates who made it through the second stage of the SBI PO recruitment process. However, the battle is not over yet. Now, it’s time to prepare for the third and final stage, i.e. the SBI PO Interview.
In today’s blog we will discuss some tips on how you can ace the SBI PO Interview 2022. Therefore, we urge you to stay till the end to ensure that you do not miss out any important information.
Why Prepare for the Interview?
Before we go any further, it is crucial to understand why it’s essential to prepare for the Interview beforehand. Generally speaking, an interview is one of the most important stages in the recruitment process of any organisation. This is because it gives an opportunity to the interview panel to assess a candidate’s suitability for the respective position. Therefore, it is absolutely essential that you do not take the interview lightly and prepare for it properly.
Download the SBI PO Interview 2022 Admit Cards here.
SBI PO Group Discussion & Interview 2022
After qualifying the SBI PO Mains exam, the shortlisted candidates will be called for the final step, i.e. the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview in the ratio of 3:1. After participating in various group exercises in the GD, you will be facing an interview board in the Personal Interview. The GD + Interview will carry a total of 50 marks, wherein the GD will be of 20 marks and the Personal Interview will be of 30 marks. The final selection will be made on the basis of the scores obtained in the SBI PO Mains and Interview.
How to Prepare for the SBI PO Interview 2022?
In the SBI PO Interview, you will be largely judged on the following aspects:
Through personal questions, the main aim of the panel is to test your personality and not your knowledge. This will enable them to judge your personality, mindset and attitude. Therefore, you need to have a proper answer for such questions as this will create a good foundation for the rest of the Interview. However, you must ensure that the answer sounds believable and natural. In personal questions, you must highlight those points which are not specifically mentioned in your resume.
Some sample personal questions are given below-
- Tell us about yourself.
- Why do you want to work with SBI?
- Explain the gap in your CV (if any).
- Why are you leaving your current position?
- Tell us about some of your greatest strengths that can contribute to the PO position.
- The job of an SBI PO can be stressful. What actions will you take to manage stress in the workplace?
- What makes you the ideal candidate for the Probationary Officer position in SBI?
Well, this is a no brainer. Since you are appearing for the SBI PO Interview, it is important that you also have some knowledge about what SBI is and how it functions.
Questions can be asked from the following-
- History of SBI
- Role and Objectives of SBI
- Recent RBI policies and regulations related to the Banking sector.
These questions are meant to test your technical and professional knowledge with respect to the Banking sector. Therefore, you must have a fair understanding of some basic concepts and terms frequently used in the Banking industry.
Given below are some questions that may be asked in the Interview-
- What are Non-Performing Assets (NPAs), and how are they affecting the banks?
- What is meant by Disinvestment?
- What reforms does the debit-credit system require?
- What are some challenges that the banking industry is currently facing?
- What are current CRR and SLR rates?
- Do you think cryptocurrency has the potential to replace traditional currency?
- What do you think about the concept of financial inclusion?
- What is your opinion about building a cashless economy?
- What was the Reserve Bank of India’s last announcement on the repo rate?
- Can you share some differences between National Electronic Funds Transfer and Real-Time Gross Settlement?
Tips to Ace the SBI PO Interview 2022
Given below are some tips that can help you prepare for the SBI PO Interview 2022 with ease.
- Candidates are often under the impression that a formal interview is a chit-chat session with the panel. However, that is far from the truth. Therefore, it would be foolish to presume that you don’t actually need to prepare for the interview. In fact, the sooner you start your interview preparation the better are your chances of qualifying the interview.
- To understand your level of preparation and to help with the pre-interview anxiety, you must practice with the help of ixamBee’s SBI PO Interview and Guidance Online Course.
- You must go through your resume and prepare a list of probable questions that may be asked from there.
- Have an idea of the main highlights of the Union Budget 2023 and Economic Survey 2023.
- If you do not know the answer to a question, honestly tell the panel that. We urge you to not make up answers since the interviewers are experts in their respective fields.
- Make sure to listen to the question very carefully. Take a moment to understand the question and then respond.
- Last but not least, pay attention to your body language and voice modulation. This will be quite beneficial on the day of the Interview.
We Wish you All the Best!!
To help you prepare 50% faster for competitive exams, ixamBee provides free Mock Test Series and all the Current Affairs in English and Current Affairs in Hindi in the BeePedia capsules for GA Preparation. You can also get the latest updates for Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI NABARD and Other Government Jobs.
Interviews: How to Ace them in Style!
Interview Preparation for SEBI Grade A Legal Stream
Can I give my RBI Grade B Interview in Hindi?