On January 05, 2022, SEBI released the notification for filling up 120 vacancies in the General, Research, IT, Legal and Official Language stream. The application window will remain open from January 05 to January 24, 2022. If you are interested in taking this exam, we encourage you to not wait till the last minute to apply.
In this article, we will discuss how you should prepare for the General Awareness section of the SEBI Grade A 2022 Phase 1 (Prelims) exam.
SEBI Grade A Selection Process
The exam is conducted in three stages-
- Online Prelims Exam- Phase 1 (consists of two papers of 100 marks each)
- Online Mains Exam- Phase 2 (consists of two papers of 100 marks each)
- Interview- Phase 3
You can check the detailed SEBI Grade A exam pattern here.
SEBI Grade A General Awareness: 2020 Analysis
Before getting into the details regarding the GA syllabus and preparation, let’s have a quick look at the analysis of SEBI Grade A 2020 General Awareness questions.
- From the comparison below, it is evident, that there was almost a 50-50 percent breakup of questions on financial related and financial related awareness.
- Out of the 20 questions, there were 9 questions on financial awareness and 11 questions on non-financial awareness.
- The financial awareness questions were based on the Banking sector, Financial markets and fiscal policy announced by the government.
- The frequency of questions on Banking sector/Financial markets/Fiscal policy could be higher in the SEBI Grade A 2022 exam as the Union budget and Economic Survey is yet to be announced.
- The non-financial awareness questions were based on Sports, Important days, Books, Obituaries, M&A and Others.
SEBI Grade A General Awareness Syllabus
Before you start your General Awareness preparation, it is important to understand the syllabus that you need to cover. Knowing the syllabus will give you a great starting point for your preparation as you will be able to focus only on relevant topics.
- Current Affairs (6-8 months)
- Financial Awareness
- Banking Awareness
- Budget of 2022
- Economic Survey of 2022
- Indian Economy
- Government Schemes
- Banking Terms
- Important Days
- Important Persons in News
- Events & Summits
- International Organisations
- Books & Authors
- Awards & Honours
Since you are appearing for the SEBI Grade A exam, it is also essential to have a fair idea about the organisation that you aspire to work for. You must keep in mind the following things-
- History of SEBI (Formation, Parent Department, Child Agencies etc.)
- Role, Objectives, Responsibilities, Powers and Functions of SEBI
- Rules & Regulations of SEBI
- How SEBI regulates the financial markets
- Basic concepts relating to the capital market
You can go through the detailed SEBI Grade A syllabus 2022 here.
SEBI Grade A: General Awareness Preparation
General awareness of the candidates is tested in Phase 1 (Prelims) of the SEBI Grade A recruitment process. Therefore, it is crucial to focus on this section as the GA section is quite scoring and it can affect your overall score in Phase 1.
Now that we have gone through the syllabus, let us understand how to actually prepare for the General Awareness section.
- Develop a habit of reading the newspaper daily. Read one newspaper for general news and one for financial/banking news.
- Devote at least two hours daily. Keep one hour for revision and one hour for reading fresh topics.
- Make short notes of the most important events as it is not easy to remember everything. This will also make last minute revision easy.
- As you are aware that General Awareness is quite vast and therefore, it is essential to focus only on relevant details so you don’t get overwhelmed.
- Go through the SEBI and RBI websites regularly for latest rules and regulations regarding the financial/banking sector.
- Set up a Google alert for SEBI related updates. This will alert you whenever SEBI issues any updates.
- Most importantly, learn about the history, role and objectives of SEBI.
- You can take the GA Daily Quiz everyday to judge your preparedness.
- Last but not the least, revise, revise, revise!
ixamBee’s BeePedia for SEBI Grade A General Awareness
To ace your General Awareness preparation, you can refer to ixamBee’s BeePedia. It will provide you with all the relevant content for the SEBI Grade A examination in one place.
- BeePedia covers Current Affairs, Banking Awareness, Economic news updates and Financial news updates, weekly Current Affairs,National & International News, Science & Technology, Agriculture & Rural Development, Awards and Sports.
- It covers the updates from various government ministries and the Press Information Bureau (PIB).
- It also covers the relevant static information related to the current affairs/news to provide you the convenience of all related information at one place.
- BeePedia is published weekly and a monthly magazine is published at the end of every month. It can be downloaded as a PDF.
- BeePedia is available in English and Hindi.
SEBI Grade A Online Course
If you are preparing for the SEBI Grade A 2022 exam, ixamBee is also providing the SEBI Grade A Online Course which can help you in kick-starting your exam preparation.