The Bank of Maharashtra has released an official notification for the recruitment of Scale 1, Specialist Officer under various streams. In this article, we will cover all the important details related to the exam such as exam pattern, job profile and more.
This is an excellent opportunity for those aspirants who have a background in agriculture and hope to join the public sector as Agriculture Field Officers. There are 100 vacancies for the AFO post. We hope you will grab this opportunity with both hands because such a golden opportunity rarely knocks on the same door twice!
- 1 Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
- 2 Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2021 Exam Overview
- 3 Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2021 AFO Eligibility Criteria
- 4 Why Should You Appear for the Agriculture Field Officer Exam?
- 5 Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2021 AFO Salary
- 6 Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2021 AFO Job Profile
- 7 Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2021 AFO Exam Pattern
- 8 How to Apply?
- 9 Application Fee
- 10 Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2021: Important Points
- 11 Bank Of Maharashtra (AFO) Online Course at ixamBee
- 12 Also Read
Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
|S. No.||Post Name||Scale||No. of Vacancies|
|I||Agriculture Field Officer||I||100|
|V. (i)||IT Support Administrator||I||30|
|(iv)||Product Support Engineer||II||3|
|(v)||Network & Security Administrator||II||10|
Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2021 Exam Overview
Take a look at the details of the Bank of Maharashtra SO notification below.
|Bank Name||Bank of Maharashtra|
|Exam Conducting Body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Notification Date||August 30, 2021|
|Recruitment Type||Specialist Officers In Scale I & II Project 2021-22|
|Application Commencement Date||September 1, 2021|
|Application Close Date||September 19, 2021|
|Last Date to Pay Application Fee||September 19, 2021|
|Cut-off Date for Eligibility||March 31, 2021|
Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2021 AFO Eligibility Criteria
|No. of Openings||100|
|Education Qualification||4-year Degree (Graduation) in Agriculture / Horticulture / Animal Husbandry / Veterinary Science/ Dairy Science/ Fishery Science/ Pisciculture / Agri. Marketing & Cooperation/ Co-operation & Banking / Agro-Forestry / Forestry / Agricultural Biotechnology / Food Science / Agriculture Business Management / Food Technology / Dairy Technology / Agricultural Engineering / Sericulture with a minimum aggregate of 60%.55% in aggregate for SC/ST/OBC/PwD|
|Age criteria||Candidates must be between 20 and 30 years of age.|
|Minimum Bond Period||3 years from joining date|
|Probation Period||2 years|
Why Should You Appear for the Agriculture Field Officer Exam?
- No work experience required. Therefore, it is an excellent opportunity for freshers.
- Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and English will not be assessed.
- There will be no negative marking in the selection exam.
- Only graduate-level agricultural knowledge will be tested in the exam.
- If you are preparing for other Agriculture Officer exams as well, such as NABARD or IBPS, you can prepare for all the exams simultaneously.
Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2021 AFO Salary
The salary for Scale 1 officer is:
Rs. 36000 – (1490/7) – 46430 – (1740/2) – 49910 – (1990/7)- 6
The basic pay is ₹36,000. The net salary received will be between ₹42,000 and ₹ 44,000. The officers will also be eligible for a number of perks and emoluments.
Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2021 AFO Job Profile
The Agricultural Field Officer’s job will require him to do a variety of things. Some of the job’s entailments have been provided below.
- Conducting survey of villages under the purview of the particular branch to determine potential for lending.
- Organization of credit camps in said villages to educate the people on the loans and credit provided by the banks to farmers.
- To draw pre-sanction reports, submit recommendations and other documentation work.
- To educate the farmers on ways to improve cultivation, use of high yielding crop varieties, plant protection measures, enhancement and improving soil health, watershed development and rain water harvesting among others.
- Explore possibilities for floriculture, horticulture and organizing training for farmers.
- Liaise with the state Government for Agriculture / Horticulture / Animal Husbandry and others related to Agriculture and allied activities to know the new activities coming up in the area, and propagate them in the villages.
- Further to maintain liaison with the Block and District authorities of various Government sponsored schemes for effective implementation.
- To help the branch in formation and credit linkage of Self-Help Groups (SHGs) and also formation of Farmers’ Clubs.
- Any other related work for the development of Agriculture, Agriculture lending and recovery.
Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2021 AFO Exam Pattern
There will be a single-level written examination with objective type questions. Candidates who qualify will be invited for an Interview. The details of the written exam have been given below.
|Name of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allotted|
|Professional Knowledge||50||100||60 minutes|
How to Apply?
Candidates must submit their application online. First, you must register yourself as a candidate by clicking on the “Click here for New Registration” option. Then, you can use your Registration No. and password to log in and fill the application form. Candidates will also be able to download their call letters via this portal as and when they are released.
Submit your Bank of Maharashtra online application now!!
|UR / EWS / OBC||1000||180||1180|
|SC / ST||100||18||180|
Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2021: Important Points
- All aspirants must be proficient in computers; possess good interpersonal, analytical and drafting skills.
- The recruitment for this exam is on a pan-India basis. Candidates may be posted anywhere in the country.
- One candidate may not apply for more than one post. If any candidate is found to do so, their application will be cancelled.
- All changes and updates concerning the exam will be notified on the bank’s website. There will be no other form of intimation for notification(s).
- Candidates must produce the original documents to get their eligibility and date of birth verified, when called for the interview.
- It is advisable that you apply well in advance before the last date.
Bank Of Maharashtra (AFO) Online Course at ixamBee
ixamBee has now launched a new course for those aspirants who wish to appear for the Bank of Maharashtra exam for the post of Agriculture Field Officer. Our course has been curated and designed by experts who closely understand the requirements of the course as well as the needs of the students. So, if you are looking to apply for this post, ixamBee’s Bank of Maharashtra AFO Online Course will prove to be your best resource. Our course includes:
- More than 80 video lessons covering all subjects
- More than 100 Study notes in form of PDF for easy learning
- More than 30 chapter tests
- 10 full-length mock tests
- Practice questions in form of chapter tests, section tests, and mock tests
- Live classes every week with the subject experts
- Interview round preparation
- Apart from study material; guidance, tips, and preparation strategy from Subject Experts for Mains at each stage
It is never too early to start preparing for an exam as important or as competitive as this. We hope you will heed our counsel and begin to prepare right away.
Team ixamBee wishes you all the success in the world.
At ixamBee you can find a number of Online Courses, GK updates in the form of BeePedia, as well as latest updates for Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI, NABARD and Other Government Jobs.