The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released an official notification to announce openings for a number of posts. In this article, we will study the notification in detail and discuss all the important details related to the SSC GD Recruitment 2021 like exam pattern, vacancies and such.
If you are preparing for this exam, or know somebody who is, read the article carefully so you don’t miss out on any important information. More than 25000 vacancies have been released this year. This recruitment cycle is an opportunity like no other! So read the details of the SSC GD 2021 Exam carefully before you apply.
SSC GD 2021 Exam Overview
Staff Selection Commission
|Openings for Posts||Constable (General Duty) in Border Security Force (BSF)|
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
National Investigation Agency (NIA)
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
Secretariat Security Force (SSF)
Rifleman (General Duty) in Assam Rifles (AR)
|Age Limit||The candidate must be between 18-23 years of age as of August 8, 2021|
|Nationality||Must be a citizen of India|
|Educational Qualification||Candidates must have cleared the Class 10 examination from a recognized Board/ University. Candidates must produce valid documents in the final stage of assessment. (See below)|
SSC GD 2021 Vacancies
More than 25,000 vacancies have been released this year by the Staff Selection Commission. Take a look at the table below to learn how many vacancies have been announced for which post.
|Post||Male||Female||No. of Vacancies (Tentative)|
SSC GD 2021 Calendar
The important dates for this exam, as announced in the official notification have been depicted in the table below. Make sure you mark your calendars or set reminders so you do not miss any deadlines. Conversely, it is always better to complete all formalities well in time.
|Application Window||July 17-August 31, 2021|
|Last Date for Online Payment||September 2, 2021 by 11:30 p.m.|
|Last Date to Generate offline Challan||September 4, 2021, by 11:30 p.m.|
|CBT Exam||To be announced|
SSC GD 2021 Exam Pattern
The recruitment process will be conducted over four phases. Clearing every preceding step will result in being eligible to appear for the next stage of assessment(s).
- Computer-Based Examination (CBE)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Medical Examination and Document Verification.
The CBE / Computer Based Exam will be conducted over 90 minutes wherein 100 questions will be assessed for 100 marks. Read all the details in the table below.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 mark for every wrong answer.
- There is no negative marking for an answer left blank.
- The exam can be taken in Hindi or English only.
- All questions in the CBE will be objective type MCQs.
After clearing the CBE, successful candidates will be shortlisted for the Physical Efficiency Test (PET). On clearing the PET, candidates will be shortlisted for the Physical Standard Test or PST. In the last step, candidates have to produce valid requisite documents to complete their overall assessment. When a candidate successfully clears all 4 stages of assessment, they will be eligible for
Read the entire SSC GD 2021 Syllabus before you begin to devise your study plan.
SSC GD 2021 How to Apply
- The application form must be filled online.
- Register yourself before you can apply.
- Once you have registered yourself, you can log in to apply via your registration number and password.
- Fill the form step by step, carefully and correctly.
- Upload your photograph and scanned signature.
- Then proceed to make payment.
- The application fee is ₹100. Women and candidates from reserved categories have been exempted from paying the fee.
While filling the form, candidates must keep the following information in mind.
SSC GD 2021 Important Points to Remember
- The vacancies announced at present are tentative in nature and are subject to change based on the vacancies intimated by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Applications can only be made online.
- The Computer-Based Examination can be taken in Hindi or English.
- The final result coupled with the provisional allocation will be announced by the SSC based on the candidates’ performance on the CBE and subject to clearing all other levels of examination.
- The SSC GD 2021 Admit Cards will be made available on http://www.crpf.gov.in in due time.
- When uploading a photograph, candidates must bear in mind that the date on which the photograph was taken must be visible on the photo itself.
- You should regularly visit the exam website to keep up on the latest exam updates and notifications.
- NCC Certificate holders will be awarded some incentives. If you are eligible for the same, read the full notification to learn about it in detail.
- Be very careful whilst filling up your application form. Double-check every information you have provided since only 1 application per candidate will be allowed. Additionally, there is no scope to change any data once the form has been successfully submitted.
If you are preparing for the SSC GD 2021 exam, you can find all the necessary details related to the exam on ixamBee. Aside from that, we even provide a range of free mock tests that will allow you to practice as you prepare for the exam. These tests are totally free.
To prepare for your General Knowledge and General Awareness section, you can make use of ixamBee’s BeePedia. Here, you can find timely, crisp and relevant information that will not only give you all the information you need for your examination(s) but will also keep you at the top of it. Oh, and did I not mention? These BeePedia updates are absolutely free!
At ixamBee you can find a number of Online Courses, Free Test Series, GK updates in the form of BeePedia, as well as the latest updates for Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI, NABARD and Other Government Jobs.