Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) has invited applications for the posts of Assistant Engineers (A.E) – Civil/ Electrical /Structural /MEP & Assistant Architect (A.A) and Assistant Administrative Officer (AAO) Specialist. LIC has rolled out a total of 50 vacancies for the post of Assistant Engineers (AE) and a total of 158 vacancies for the post of Assistant Administrative Officer (AAO). Candidates can apply for only ONE post from among the above posts. As the official LIC 2020 notification is out, it is time now to switch gears and start preparing for the LIC AE and LIC AAO exam in a smart way. This is a golden opportunity for candidates who want to make a career in Banking and Insurance industry, therefore do not miss it.
- 1 LIC Assistant Engineers 2020 Vacancy Details:
- 2 LIC AE, LIC AAO 2020 Important Dates:
- 3 LIC AE, LIC AAO 2020 Age/Eligibility Criteria:
- 4 LIC AE, LIC AAO 2020 Selection Procedure:
- 5 LIC AE 2020 and LIC AAO 2020 Preliminary Exam Pattern
- 6 LIC AE 2020 and LIC AAO 2020 Main Exam Pattern:
- 7 LIC 2020 Phase-III: Interview
- 8 LIC AE 2020 and LIC AAO 2020 Application Fees:
- 9 LIC AE 2020 and LIC AAO 2020 Salary and Benefits:
- 10 To download the official LIC 2020 notification, click here.
LIC Assistant Engineers 2020 Vacancy Details:
|LIC AE Posts||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||UR||Total|
|AE (Electrical/Mechanical – MEP Engineers)||0||0||1||1||1||3|
LIC AAO 2020 Vacancy Details:
|LIC AAO Posts||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||UR||Total|
LIC AE, LIC AAO 2020 Important Dates:
|Activity||LIC 2020 Dates|
|Start date for Online Registration of Applications and Online Payment of Application Fee/ Intimation Charges||February 25, 2020|
|Last date for Online Registration & Online Payment of Application Fee/Intimation Charges||March 15, 2020|
|Download of Call Letter for Online Preliminary Examination||March 27- April 4, 2020|
|Dates of Online Examination – Preliminary (tentative)||April 4, 2020|
|Dates of Online Examination – Main (tentative)||To be notified later|
LIC AE, LIC AAO 2020 Age/Eligibility Criteria:
Eligibility criteria for LIC AE 2020 and LIC AAO 2020 are as follows:
- Minimum Age: 21 years (as on February 1, 2020)
- Maximum Age: Not more than 30 years (Born not earlier than February 2, 1990 and not later than February 1, 1999).
LIC AE, LIC AAO 2020 Selection Procedure:
LIC will select candidates for LIC AE and LIC AAO posts through a three-tiered process and a subsequent Pre-recruitment medical examination.
Phase I: Preliminary Examination
Phase II: Main examination
Phase III: Interview
Before starting preparation for LIC AE 2020 and LIC AAO 2020 exams, you need to know the exam patterns thoroughly to strategize your preparations in a better way.
Let us look at the exam pattern of LIC AE 2020 and LIC AAO 2020:
LIC AE 2020 and LIC AAO 2020 Preliminary Exam Pattern
|Name of the Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Minimum Qualifying Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||English & Hindi||16||18||20 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||English & Hindi||16||18||20 Minutes|
|English Language||30||30**||English||9||10||20 Minutes|
** Please note that English Language test will be of qualifying nature and the marks in English Language will not be counted for ranking.
LIC AE 2020 and LIC AAO 2020 Main Exam Pattern:
|Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Minimum Qualifying Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||30||90||English & Hindi||40||45||40 minutes|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30||60||English & Hindi||27||30||20 minutes|
|Professional Knowledge||30||90||English & Hindi||40||45||40 minutes|
|Insurance & Financial Market Awareness||30||60||English & Hindi||27||30||20 minutes|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25**||English||9||10||30 Minutes|
** ** Descriptive test of English Language etc. will be of qualifying nature and the marks in English Language will not be counted for ranking.
LIC 2020 Phase-III: Interview
- Marks obtained in the LIC AE Mains and LIC AAO Mains Examination only will be considered for short listing for interview.
- Maximum Interview marks for LIC AE and LIC AAO exams is 60 and qualifying marks for EWS, Unreserved, OBC is 30, qualifying marks for SC /ST/PwBD candidates is 27.
- Candidates who do not obtain the minimum qualifying marks as decided by LIC shall be excluded from further selection process.
- Outstation candidates called for interview shall be entitled for re-imbursement of Second Class Ordinary to and fro Railway/Bus Fare by the shortest route from the place of residence to the place of interview to be restricted to the fare by Railway Second Class Sleeper including the Reservation charges.
- Marks obtained in Main examination plus marks obtained in interview will be considered for final merit listing.
Watch, LIC 2020– Notification Details & Strategy, to know more about LIC notification, details and strategies to start your preparation.
LIC AE 2020 and LIC AAO 2020 Application Fees:
Application fees for LIC AE ad LIC AAO 2029 have to be paid through Online-Mode only.
|For SC/ST/PwBD Candidates||Rs. 85/- plus Transaction Charges plus GST|
|For all other candidates||Rs.700/- plus Transaction Charges plus GST|
LIC AE 2020 and LIC AAO 2020 Salary and Benefits:
Candidates will receive basic pay of Rs. 32795/- per month in the scale of Rs. 32795- 1610(14) –55335– 1745(4) –62315 and other admissible allowances as per rules. Total emoluments will be around Rs.57,000/- inclusive of House Rent Allowance & City Compensatory Allowance.
How to Apply for LIC AE 2020 and LIC AAO 2020:
Online registrations for LIC AE and LIC AAO 2020 start from February 25, 2020, and will end on March 15, 2020. Candidates can apply online only from the mentioned dates and no other mode of application will be accepted.
Candidates should keep the following documents ready before applying online:
- Scanned photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm)
- Signature (with black ink)
- left thumb impression (on white paper with black or blue ink)
- a hand-written declaration (on a white paper with black ink) with the text given below. This handwritten declaration ensures that all these scanned documents adhere to the required specifications.
“I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
Candidates should keep in mind the following points before applying:
- Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
- The left thumb impression should be properly scanned and not smudged. (If a candidate is not having left thumb, he/she may use his/ her right thumb for applying.)
- The hand-written declaration has to be in the candidate’s handwriting and in English only. If it is written and uploaded by anybody else or in any other language, the application will be considered as invalid.
- Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process. LIC may send intimation to download call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID.
Now you know the exam pattern and other details of LIC AE and LIC AAO 2020 exams, the next step of is planning your preparation in a proper manner. Practice is the first and foremost thing you need to do while preparing for an exam. Practice LIC AAO 2020 free mock test and elevate your scores.