SSC (Staff Selection Commission) is known to each and every aspirant who is preparing to get an entry into the most popular government sector. SSC releases vacancies under various job categories, like – SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, SSC GD Constable etc. every year. It did the same in the year 2018 but due to some unexpected reasons, the examination could not be conducted. Now, SSC has released a revised exam calendar with fresh SSC exam dates for all the upcoming and pending examinations for the year 2019 and 2018 respectively that will be held from 1st January 2019 to 31st March 2020.A separate SSC notification for the year 2019 is expected to release later.
SSC EXAM CALENDAR 2018-19
|S.No||Name of Examination||Advt. Date||Closing Date||Date of Exam|
|1.||Combined Jr. Hindi Translator in Subordinate Office//Hindi Pradhyapak Exam. – 2018 (Paper-I)||22.10.2018||19.11.2018||13.01.2019 (CBE) *|
|2.||Examination for Selection Posts Phase – VI/2018||05.09.2018||30.09.2018||16.01.2019 (CBE) *
|3.||Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’
Examination – 2018
|4.||Recruitment for Constables (GD) in CAPFs Exam-2018 ++||21.07.2018||20.08.2018||11.02.2019 to
|5.||Rectt. of SI in CAPFs, ASI in CISF and SI in Delhi Police Examination -2018 (Paper-I)||03.03.2018||02.04.2018||12.03.2019 to
|6.||Combined Graduate Level Examination – 2017(Tier-IV)(CPT/DEST)||–||–||To be notified later|
|7.||Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Exam, 2017 (Tier-III) (SKILL TEST)||–||–||To be notified later|
|8.||Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’
Examination – 2018 (DV/SKILL)
|–||–||To be notified later|
|9.||Combined Jr. Hindi Translator in Subordinate Office//Hindi Pradhyapak Exam. – 2018 (Paper-II)||–||–||26.05.2019 (DES)**
|10.||Combined Graduate Level Exam, 2018 (Tier-I)||05.05.2018||04.06.2018||04.06.2019 to
|11.||Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Exam., 2018 (Tier-I)||05.03.2019||05.04.2019||01.07.2019 to
|12.||Multi Tasking (Non-Technical)
Staff Examination-2019 (Paper-I)
|13.||Combined Graduate Level Examination– 2018 (Tier-II)||–||–||11.09.2019 to
|14.||Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical & Mechanical) Examination – 2018
|15.||Rectt. of SI in CAPFs, ASI in CISF and SI in Delhi Police Exam -2018 (Paper- II)||–||–||27.09.2019 (CBE)*|
|16.||Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Exam., 2018 (Tier-II)||–||–||29.09.2019 (DES)**
|17.||Examination for Selection Posts Phase – VII/2018||08.07.2019||27.7.2019||14.10.2019 to
|18.||Multi Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff Examination-2019 (Paper-II)||–||–||17.11.2019 (DES)**
|19.||Combined Jr. Hindi Translator in Subordinate Office//Hindi
Pradhyapak Exam – 2019 (Paper-I)
|20.||Rectt. of SI in CAPFs, ASI in CISF and SI in Delhi Police Exam -2019 (Paper-I)||17.09.2019||15.10.2019||11.12.2019 to
|21.||Combined Graduate Level Exam,2018 (Tier-III)||–||–||29.12.2019 (DES) **
|22.||Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical &
Mechanical) Examination – 2018 (Paper-II)
|–||–||29.12.2019 (DES) ** (EVENING) (SUNDAY)|
|23.||Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’
Examination – 2019
|17.09.2019||15.10.2019||To be notified later|
|24.||Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical & Mechanical) Examination – 2019
|01.08.2019||28.08.2019||To be notified later|
|25.||Combined Graduate Level Exam, 2019 (Tier-I)||31.10.2019||28.11.2019||To be notified later|
|26.||Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Exam., 2019 (Tier-I)||12.12.2019||10.01.2020||To be notified later|
(*) – CBE – Computer Based Examination
(**) – DES – Descriptive Paper
(++) – Non –Mandated Examination
SSC EXAMS PREPARATION
SSC conducts examination for various job categories and gives a golden chance to all candidates who want to serve in the government sector. There are many ways to take an entry into the government sector through SSC or Staff Selection Commission. Let’s have a look at some of the most popular jobs under SSC:-
- SSC CGL – The SSC CGL ( Combined Graduate Level) exam notification is released every year to recruit eligible candidates for various posts in ministries, departments and organisations of the Government of India. As the name of the exam clearly says, one needs to be a graduate to give this examination.
- SSC CHSL – SSC releases vacancies for Combined Higher Secondary Level or CHSL exam every year for various posts like :
- Postal Assistants
- Sorting Assistants D
- Data Entry Operators
- Lower Divisional Clerks
- Court Clerk
The minimum eligibility needed to give this examination is simply an intermediate degree.
- SSC (GD) CONSTABLE – Among other important exams conducted by SSC, the recruitment for SSC GD or General Duty Constable is also quite a popular job. It gives you a chance to serve your country through various forces / agencies like – Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), National Investigation Agency (NIA) and Secretarial Security Force (SSF) and Rifleman (General Duty) in Assam Rifles.
The minimum eligibility required to fill this form is 10th pass.
- SSC CPO – SSC releases notification every year for the posts of – ‘Sub inspector and Assistant Sub Inspector’ in the Central Police Force. All graduates can fill the SSC CPO form and get a good chance to serve their country.
- SSC STENOGRAPHER – The notification for SSC Stenographer or SSC Steno is released to recruit candidates for various posts in Grades ‘C’ and ‘D’. To give the examination for both grades C & D, a candidate needs to have passed 12th standard.
All these exams, as you can see demand basic qualifications and so it should not be very difficult to clear any of these exams. The main thing that you need to clear SSC exams is ‘practice’ which will make you better than others. Practice as much as you can and do well in the final examination.
Practice mock tests for all these important SSC examinations and make your dream come true.
ALL THE BEST!