How to Crack SSC CGL in your first attempt
The first and foremost question which students have in mind “Is it really possible to crack SSC CGL exam in the first attempt”. The answer for this question would be it is not really impossible to crack SSC CGL in first attempt. If you believe in yourself then anything is possible. You should start preparing for your exam aiming to be in the list of selected students. You really have to work hard and plan your preparations in a structured manner and stick to it.
“You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great"
Now, here come few most important things that all aspirants who are attempting SSC CGL for the first time should know.
SSC CGL exam contains 4 sections Quantitative Aptitude, English Comprehension, Reasoning and General Awareness. Each and every section is equally important to get selected.
Below are few tips to help you prepare for each section of SCC CGL:
For those whose favourite subject has been Maths from childhood, this is the easiest section to crack. But for many, this is the section which creates problem at each and every point of preparation. In this section, it is not only enough to solve questions but what matters is how much time one takes to solve them. Practice a lot of short cut tricks, learn more and more formulas, this will help you solve questions in less time.
Most important topics that you need to focus more are:
Algebra, Geometry, DI (Bar Graph/ Pie Chart), Profit and Loss, SI & CI, Trigonometry, Menstruation, Time & Distance, Time & Work
This is one of the most important sections and also the one which most students find difficult to score. Reading English newspaper daily will help you score well in this exam. This will not only help you in scoring better but also will keep you updated with latest news which can be helpful in General Awareness section.
Topics to focus more on are Wrongly Spelt words, Idioms/Phrases, One-Word Substitution, Synonyms and Antonyms, Spotting Errors, Reading Comprehension, Grammar.
Reasoning needs lots of practice as this section is more time consuming. This is the section where candidate’s mental ability is examined. But if you put in good efforts and work hard, this section will fetch you good marks as well.
Focus on topics like Blood relations, Analogy, Ages, Number Series, Miscellaneous, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Coding and Decoding, Word Arrangement.
The most important section of SSC CGL exam is General Awareness and most of the students fail to score good in this exam. Stay updated with the current affairs and daily news events, read more about Indian history, geography, economics, and general science.
Grab the complete knowledge of Important Dates, Constitution, Human Body, and Chemical Compound Names.
Below are some vital key points to be followed while preparing for the SSC CGL exam:
· Having full knowledge about pattern and syllabus of the exam is the first and most important step for the preparation of the exam. This will help you to analyze how much you need to give to each section.
· Time management is very important for any exam and plays a crucial role if you want to crack the exam in first attempt. First thing to do is to figure out your weak and strong sections and start preparing according to that. Make a study plan that will cover the entire syllabus. Plan to study for at least 6-8 hours if this is your first attempt.
· Practice, Practice and Practice more mock tests. All Mock Tests are free on our website www.ixamBee.com . This will increase your speed and will help you in analysing your performance. You will also get an idea about what are the frequently asked questions. It is a known fact that SSC repeats some of the questions; try to solve as many previous year papers as you can.
· Revise as much as you can. One of the biggest mistakes students make is not revising the topics. You should know that revision is most important phase of preparation. Revision will help you in remembering all the topics you have prepared.
· Do not lose confidence if you are not able to solve one or two questions; rather focus on the questions you can solve quickly. Be confident while giving the exam, because that would be your first step towards success.
Few things to avoid while SCC CGL preparing:
· DO NOT BE IN HURRY ALWAYS. In the thought of attempting more questions, a wrong answer will cost us more. Many candidates do not read the questions carefully which results in wasting their valuable time. Read the questions properly and analyze whether you will be able to answer it or not in first attempt.
· One of the biggest mistakes that most candidates commit is giving too much preference to some section. You have to realize that each section carry equal marks and you will crack the exam only if you score well in all the sections.
· Don’t get too much into short tricks for easier calculations. Relying too much on the short cut tricks is one of the mistakes most students make. Learn short cut tricks but do not ignore the basics of the topics.
· Another mistake is not preparing short notes. Candidates sometimes start their preparation for the exam without making proper short notes. In the absence of proper notes, they are unable to revise the important topic in the last days of the exam and due to this mistake; they have to revise the entire syllabus. Some subjects always need to revise regularly like General Studies. It is important to make short notes so that you can easily revise the topics before the exam.
· Many candidates miss out on making any strategy for time management during the exam and misuse a lot of time in a particular section. Candidates should always manage their time in examination hall by dividing proper time slots to each section. You should not spend more time on a single question if you are not getting the answer on the very first attempt.
Now that you are aware of the things you need to follow if you want to crack the SSC CGL exam in first attempt. If nothing goes well with you. Never lose hope. Never lose your patience. Never stop to try. Go slow and steady. Never do competition with others, do it with yourself, with your performance. It will make you stronger and more confident. It will improve you.
Believe you can and you are halfway there.
All the Best!!!