RBI Grade B General Awareness
Importance of General Awareness for RBI Grade B 2020
In RBI Grade B, General Awareness plays crucial role in clearing the exam because of :-
- Weightage in the exam - General Awareness constitutes 40% (80 questions of 80 marks out of the total 200 questions of 200 marks) of the Phase 1 exam.
- Return on the time invested - General Awareness questions take very less time to answer. The time you save in answering these questions can be utilised in scoring in other sections. The return on time invested in solving the questions is maximum in General Awareness
- Help in Phase 2 score - Study of factual information about Economics, Banking and Finance for General Awareness helps you to score more in ESI (Economics and Social Issues) and FM (Finance and Management) papers of the Phase 2 exam.
How to prepare for General Awareness2020 for RBI Grade B exam?
RBI Grade B General Awareness2020 preparation becomes easy if you follow systematic approach as detailed below.
There is nothing better than reading newspaper daily and preferably a business newspaper (like Business Standard, Economic Times, Financial Express, Mint). Before you start your preparation you shall attempt some mock tests for the RBI Grade B exam (RBI Grade B FREE mock tests are available at ixamBee)or go through the previous years’ question papers (Previous years’ question papers are available at ixamBee). This will help you in understanding the types of questions asked in the exam and their difficulty level. While reading the newspaper you should focus more on the news related to banking, economics, finance, government schemes, and important social data and study such news in detail. If you are very particular about making notes from the newspaper then make very short notes by jotting down the numbers, names, places, etc.
Weekly/Monthly General Knowledge Bulletins
While preparing for RBI Grade B, your special attention shall be on points related to policy, banking and finance, government, economic data, schemes for development, etc. Please go thorough weekly/fortnightly/ monthly general knowledge (or current affairs) summary bulletins (FREE ixamBee RBI Grade B General Awareness capsule (monthly/weekly) are available at ixamBee). These are very useful source for you to get all important news at one place. These bulletins will help you in learning and revising. Your experience of practicing mock tests of General Awareness will help you in segregating the more important news for the exam. You may prepare short notes about the data, facts and figures, dates, name of people and place so that you can revise them before the exam.
There are important publications like Economic Survey of India, Union Budget, Census report, Kurukshetra, Yojna, Government Schemes, RBI Bulletin, Annual Report of RBI, Trend and Progress in Banking. You need to study Economic Survey of India and Union Budget in detail (not line to line, but major items) and for other documents you can study the summary.
GK Quizzes and Mock Tests
It is must that you attempt GK quizzes and practice tests. Daily GK quiz is available for FREE at ixamBee. Learning the General Awareness by attempting questions helps in reinforcing if you have already read the news and this will improve your score in the exam. You shall also attempt practice tests and exam specific mock tests for General Awareness. The more mock tests you practice the more you learn. RBI Grade B Free mock Tests at ixamBee will help in your learning.
You will find some questions on:
- Head quarters of national institutions and organisations. For example banks like SBI, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Indian Bank, etc. and regulators like RBI, SEBI, IDRA, PFRA, etc.
- Heads and Head Quarter of International organizations like IMF, World Bank, Bank of International Settlement, Asian Development Bank, New Development Bank, etc.
- Currencies, capitals, national parks, census report, nuclear stations, stadiums, thermal plants, regional festivals, and others.
These questions in RBI Grade B General Awareness paper look like static GK but most of these questions are based on the current affairs, as these are covered in news due to some important events like some dignitaries from these institutions visiting India or some Indian dignitary visiting some other country as such. You can read currencies, capitals, national parks, important festivals of states, important days from any GK book or yearbook, but pay more attention to the recent news.
General Awareness Preparation with ESI and FM
While preparing for ESI (Economics and Social Issues) and FM (Finance and Management), you will learn about general awareness topics such as importance of banking sector, functions of RBI, international organisations, economic growth, inflation, monetary policy and others. This will also help you in answering questions of General Awareness in Phase 1 exam of RBI Grade B.
Don’t for General Awareness preparation of RBI Grade B
- Don’t just cram the names and numbers; you need to understand the news in details as the answer options create confusion. See the sample questions below.
- Don’t waste time in reading notifications on RBI website. All important RBI notifications are covered in financial newspaper. On the RBI website there are lot many notifications which are of hundreds of pages.
- Don’t start GA preparation just before the exam, rather read newspapers on daily basis and practice GA questions regularly.
- Don’t read general awareness only for the exam but study it to get knowledge.
- Don’t rely on only one summary capsule or weekly/monthly bulletin for your preparation of general awareness.
Examples of RBI Grade B General Awareness Questions
Some sample questions for RBI Grade B General Awareness 2018 are listed below. More such questions are freely available in ixamBee Mock Tests for RBI Grade B.
Q1. Which of the following statement/s is/are correct about RBI’s monetary policy review of June 2018?
- The repo rate is increased to 6.25% from 6.0% earlier
- The reverse repo rate adjusted to 6.0%, and the marginal standing facility (MSF) rate to 6.50%
- The increase in the policy rate is due to increase in the inflation
- Projection for GDP growth for 2018-19 was increased to 7.5%
- Only statement A is correct
- Only statement A & B are correct
- Only statement A & C are correct
- Only statement A, B & C are correct
- Only statement A, C & D are correct
Q2. What is the name of the Saudi Arabia’s state-owned oil behemoth that is in news for being listed in future and is expected to be the biggest IPO?
- Saudi Telecom Company
- Al Rajhi Bank
- Kingdom Holding Co.
Q3. The bill for Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code was passed in?
- May 2015
- Sept 2015
- May 2016
- Sept 2016
- May 2017
Q4. The GST Council, that takes all decisions regarding implementation of GST. The council is headed by?
- The Prime Minister of India
- The Finance Minister of India
- The Minister of State (MoS) of Finance
- The Governor of RBI
- The Finance Secretary of India
Q5. Which of the following is the first payment bank of India?
- Paytm Payment Bank
- Airtel Payment Bank
- India Post payment bank
- Fino Payment bank
- Bandhan Bank
Q6. Loss of value of a country's currency with respect to one or more foreign reference currencies, is called as?
Q7. As per the Union Budget what is the lending target for 2018-19 under MUDRA scheme?
- Rs.1,000 Cr
- Rs.10,000 Cr
- Rs.100,000 Cr
- Rs.200,000 Cr
- Rs.300,000 Cr
Q8. Who has been recently appointed as the chairman of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA)?
- S C Khuntia
- T S Vijayan
- M S Sahoo
- Urjit Patel
- Hemant Contractor
Q9. Recently rhino census in the UNESCO World Heritage Site Kaziranga National Park began. It is in the state of:
- West Bengal
- Arunachal Pradesh
Q10. As per 20th annual Quality of Living Survey by Mercer, which city has been named the best city to live in?
- Hong Kong
Answers: Q1-4, Q2-5, Q3-3, Q4- 2, Q5 -2, Q6 -1, Q7-5, Q8 -1, Q9- 4, Q10-4
No, a candidate must have completed his/her graduation. If he/she is in the final year of graduation then they cannot apply.
Yes, negative marking for wrong answers in CBTs is 1/4th of the marks for that question.
Yes, RBI Grade B Exam is bilingual (i.e, Hindi & English) exam. You can choose your preferred language either Hindi or English.
No, under the ambit of NPS currently there is no pension scheme for RBI employees.
RBI Grade B 2020 Exam will be in online mode.
Yes. RBI Grade B Exam has sectional and overall cut-off .
Yes, but only after completing the initial 5 years of posting.
Candidates belonging to the general category can attempt the examination only 6 times. Whereas, there is no restriction to the SC/ST/OBC/PWD categories.
The minimum age limit for the candidates is 21 years & the maximum age should not be more than 30 years.
Yes. There will be a final phase of Interview after RBI Grade B Phase I & Phase II.
To crack any exam, one needs a complete preparation strategy,along with the complete exam information. If you are dedicated towards your goal, you would surely be able to crack the exam in first attempt.
Yes. The exam is bilingual. You can attempt all the sections in English or Hindi except the test of English Language.
- SEBI Grade A 2020
- LIC AAO
- SBI PO 2020
- SBI Clerk 2020
- IBPS CLERK
- RBI Assistant
- NABARD GRADE A 2020
- RBI Grade B 2020
- Railway Recruitment (ALP/TECH.)
- IBPS RRB Group 'A' Officers (Scale-I)
- SBI PO Career Path
- IBPS PO
- SSC CGL
- Rajasthan Police Constable Recruitment
- IBPS RRB Group 'B' Office Assistant
- IBPS SO
- SSC CHSL
- South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk
- Syndicate Bank PO Recruitment
- Canara Bank PO Recruitment
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- IDBI Executive 2020
- NABARD Grade B 2020
- Railway Group D Recruitment
- SSC CPO
- South Indian Bank PO
- Bank of Baroda PO Exam
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale II Exam
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale III Exam
- NIACL Recruitment
- SSC GD Constable Exam
- Indian Bank PO
- FEDERAL Bank PO/Clerk
- LIC Housing Finance Ltd Exam
- Nabard Development Assistant
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Recruitment
- ESIC SSO
- Army Public School
- IB Security Assistant
- SSC Stenographer
- DRDO Senior Technical Assistant
- Railway Protection Force Constable
- RBI Security Guard
- HTET Recruitment
- RPF SI Recruitment
- Bank of Baroda So
- NIACL Administrative Officer
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank PO
- IBPS PO Dummy
- RRB JE
- IDBI Assistant Manager
- FCI 2020
- SSC MTS 2019
- RRB NTPC 2019
- CWC 2019
- EPFO Assistant
- LIC ADO
- Repco Bank Clerk 2019
- EPFO SSA (Social Security Assistant)
- HSSC 2019
- Nainital Bank 2020
- NVS PGT
- Uttarakhand Assistant Agriculture Officer
- LIC Assistant 2020
- SSC Selection Posts
- FCI Manager 2020
- IELTS Exam 2020
- Central Bank of India SO
- Dummy page
- Jaiib Exam