RBI Grade B Officer Salary
RBI Grade B Salary 2020 & Job Profile
Official RBI Grade B notification 2020 will be available on the RBI website soon. The job of RBI Grade B Officer can be considered as an excellent opportunity towards making a bright career for oneself which would give enough respect, dignity and status along with a lucrative career. RBI conducts an examination almost every year whenever it releases vacancies for the post of RBI Grade B Officer. It is one of the most popular exams among all government job. One of the reasons behind the popularity of this exam is the job profile, the opportunities it presents and perks that come along with the salary.
RBI Grade B Salary 2020
The RBI Garde B salary for the year 2020 is in the pay scale mentioned below.
|RBI Grade B Officer||Rs. 35150-1750(9)-50900-EB-1750(2)-54400-2000(4)-62400|
- Once you are selected as an RBI Grade B Officer, you will be entitled to receive the salary under the payscale of Rs. 35150-1750(9)-50900-EB-1750(2)-54400-2000(4)-62400. This clearly indicates that your basic pay / salary as an RBI Grade B Officer will be around Rs 35,150 which will include an increment of Rs 1750 which you may go on to receive up to 9 years of the service.
- Once you complete 9 years into the service, you may enter the ‘executive band’, where the basic salary of an RBI Grade B Officer goes on to amount somewhere around Rs 50,900 with an increment of Rs 1750 included for further 2 years which is followed by another increment of Rs 2000 for the next 2 years.
- This increment of Rs 2000 is the last one to be added, which makes the salary to Rs 62,400 which is the point after which you are not entitled to any promotion.
- The RBI Grade B Officer is also entitled to receive some extra benefits in the form of certain emoluments/allowances such as Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), Family Allowance, Telephone Allowance, Conveyance Allowance, apart from the basic pay.
RBI Grade B Job Profile
RBI is counted among the biggest and prestigious organizations and famously called the ‘bankers’ bank’. Being the central bank of India, it is automatically entrusted with the responsibilities and duties of higher order. Thus, whosoever gets an opportunity to enter this organization, is responsible for various tasks and duties depending on the job position.
- After getting selected as an RBI Grade B Officer, you will be on a probation period of 2 years, which includes a 15 weeks training.
- The job profile of an RBI Grade B Officer is quite multifaceted. The job of an RBI Officer can not be limited to certain fixed tasks, but there are certain responsibilities than an RBI Grade B Officer is expected to perform or fulfill. Some of the responsibilities of an RBI Grade B Officer are as follows:
- Issuing and Circulating the Currency
- Supervision of the assigned regional office
- Managing the Government’s accounts
- Keep a track on inflation - manage liquidity - maintain financial stability
These are some major roles that an RBI Grade B Officer has to take care of. RBI plays a major role in maintaining the financial balance of the country. It chalks out a proper monetary policy and is thus responsible for all the money related planning and activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1:Can those students who are appearing in Final year of Graduation apply for any post in RBI Grade B?
No, a candidate must have completed his/her graduation. If he/she is in the final year of graduation then they cannot apply.
Q 2:Is there any NEGATIVE MARKING in RBI Grade B Exam?
Yes, negative marking for wrong answers in CBTs is 1/4th of the marks for that question.
Q 3:In RBI Grade B Exam, Can I choose Hindi language as the exam language?
Yes, RBI Grade B Exam is bilingual (i.e, Hindi & English) exam. You can choose your preferred language either Hindi or English.
Q 4:Do RBI Grade B Officers get a pension?
No, under the ambit of NPS currently there is no pension scheme for RBI employees.
Q 5:RBI Grade B 2020 Exam is in ONLINE OR OFFLINE mode?
RBI Grade B 2020 Exam will be in online mode.
Q 6:Is there SECTIONAL CUT-OFF in RBI GRADE B Exam?
Yes. RBI Grade B Exam has sectional and overall cut-off .
Q 7:Is RBI Grade B Officer job transferable?
Yes, but only after completing the initial 5 years of posting.
Q 8:How many attempts are there in RBI Grade B?
Candidates belonging to the general category can attempt the examination only 6 times. Whereas, there is no restriction to the SC/ST/OBC/PWD categories.
Q 9:What is the age limit for the RBI Grade B posts?
The minimum age limit for the candidates is 21 years & the maximum age should not be more than 30 years.
Q 10:Will there be any interview after the written result ?
Yes. There will be a final phase of Interview after RBI Grade B Phase I & Phase II.
Q 11:Is it possible to crack this exam in first attempt ?
To crack any exam, one needs a complete preparation strategy,along with the complete exam information. If you are dedicated towards your goal, you would surely be able to crack the exam in first attempt.
Q 12:Is the exam Bilingual ?
Yes. The exam is bilingual. You can attempt all the sections in English or Hindi except the test of English Language.
- SEBI Grade A 2020
- LIC AAO
- SBI PO 2020
- SBI Clerk 2020
- IBPS CLERK
- RBI Assistant --cy--
- NABARD GRADE A 2020
- RBI Grade B 2020
- Railway Recruitment (ALP/TECH.)
- IBPS RRB Group 'A' Officers (Scale-I) --cy--
- IBPS PO
- SSC CGL
- Rajasthan Police Constable Recruitment
- IBPS RRB Group 'B' Office Assistant --cy--
- IBPS SO
- SSC CHSL
- South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk
- Syndicate Bank PO Recruitment
- Canara Bank PO Recruitment
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- IDBI Executive 2020
- NABARD Grade B 2020
- Railway Group D Recruitment
- SSC CPO
- South Indian Bank PO
- Bank of Baroda PO Exam
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale II Exam 2020
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale III Exam 2020
- Railway Group D Recruitment Notification In Hindi
- Railway Group D Recruitment Exam 2018 Calendar In Hindi
- Railway Group D Recruitment Exam Pattern In Hindi
- NIACL Recruitment
- SSC GD Constable Exam
- Indian Bank PO
- FEDERAL Bank PO/Clerk
- LIC Housing Finance Ltd Exam
- Nabard Development Assistant
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Recruitment
- ESIC SSO
- Army Public School
- IB Security Assistant
- SSC Stenographer
- DRDO Senior Technical Assistant
- Railway Protection Force Constable
- RBI Security Guard
- HTET Recruitment
- RPF SI Recruitment
- Bank of Baroda So
- NIACL Administrative Officer
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank PO
- RRB JE
- IDBI Assistant Manager
- FCI 2020
- SSC MTS 2019
- RRB NTPC
- CWC 2019
- EPFO Assistant
- LIC ADO
- Repco Bank Clerk 2019
- EPFO SSA (Social Security Assistant)
- HSSC 2019
- Nainital Bank 2020
- NVS PGT
- Uttarakhand Assistant Agriculture Officer
- LIC Assistant 2020
- SSC Selection Posts
- FCI Manager 2020
- IELTS Exam 2020
- Central Bank of India SO
- Jaiib Exam
- J and K Bank PO 2020
- J and K Bank Clerk 2020
- PFRDA Grade A