SBI PO Notification
SBI is one of the largest banking organizations in the country which has its branches in India as well as abroad. It is a government-owned corporation with its headquarter in Mumbai, Maharashtra. SBI releases an official notification almost every year where it announces vacancies for the post of PO (Probationary Officer). SBI has just released an official notification for SBI PO 2021. There are 2056 vacancies announced. You can start applying for the same from October 05, 2021. Also, SBI PO Prelims exam is going to be held in November/ December 2021 (tentatively).
SBI has been the most awaited notification of all times for government job aspirants. The number of vacancies surely gives a lot of clarity regarding the expected exam level. A higher number of vacancies would probably lead to a moderate or comparatively easier level of the exam and vice-versa. There are 2056 vacancies announced for the year 2021. The detailed breakup of SBI PO 2021 exam vacancies is provided below.
SBI PO 2021 Vacancy Details
|Category||SC||ST||OBC*||EWS^||GEN||Total||LD#||VI#||HI#||d & e# @|
* Vacancies reserved for OBC category are available only to the 'Non-creamy layer' OBC candidates. 'Creamy layer' OBC candidates should indicate their category as 'General'. OBC category candidates should submit the OBC certificate on format prescribed by Govt. of India containing the 'Non-creamy layer' clause, issued during the period 01.04.2021 to the date of interview, should be submitted by such candidates, if called for interview.
# Vacancies for Person with Benchmark Disability (PWD) category candidates are reserved horizontally.
@ PWD categories under clauses ‘d’ & ‘e’ of Section 34 (i) of RPWD Act 2016 suitable for the post are: (i) “Specific Learning Disability” (SLD); (ii) “Mental Illness” (MI); (iii) Autism Spectrum Disorder (Mild)- ASD (M) (iv) “Multiple Disabilities” (multiple disabilities amongst LD, VI, HI, SLD, MI & ASD-M).
^ Reservation for Economically Weaker Section (EWS) in recruitment is governed by Office Memorandum no. 36039/1/2019-Estt (Res) dated 31.01.2019 of Department of Personnel & Training, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievance & Pensions, Government of India.
How to Apply Online
The recruitment notification for any exam is followed by an application process. Interested candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible. The detailed SBI PO 2021 online application procedure is mentioned below.
- Go to the official website of SBI: www.sbi.co.in and click on the ‘NEW REGISTRATION’ tab provided on the top right corner of the page
- You will be redirected to the first page of the application form where you will be required to fill in all the basic details and click on the Save & Next button to move forward
- You will now be redirected to the second page of the form where you will be asked to upload your scanned passport size photograph and signature based on the specification mentioned therein
- After you move on to the next page, you will have to fill in your personal details including your educational qualifications
- The next step would be filling the exam centres preference list. You will be required to fill in 4 centres
- After you are finished with entering the details, the preview of your form will be shown, so that if you find any errors, you may edit and correct them. Once the application is submitted, you will not be able to edit it
- In the end, you will have to choose a preferred online payment method to submit the application fee for SBI PO. You can pay the fees through credit card/debit card / net banking and any other online mode
- Click on the 'Submit' button to complete the application form
- Guidelines for Uploading the Photograph
- Dimensions: 200 X 230 pixels
- The photograph must be clear and passport size
- The file size of the photograph should be between 20KB - 50 KB
- Format: JPG/JPEG
- The preferred background is White
- Guidelines for Uploading the Signature
- The signature should be clear and legible
- Dimensions: 140 X 160 pixels
- The file size of the signature should be between 10KB and 20KB. If it is below the limit or if it exceeds the mentioned limit, the application will be rejected
- The signature should be done with a running hand in a white background
Left thumb impression:
- The applicant has to put his left thumb impression on white paper with black or blue ink.
- The handwritten declaration should be of the applicant and not by any other person.
- File type: jpg / jpeg
- 240 x 240 pixels in 200 DPI (Preferred for required quality) i.e 3 cm * 3 cm (Width * Height)
- File Size: 20 KB – 50 KB
- The handwritten declaration should not be written in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- You have to write the declaration in English clearly on white paper with black or blue ink.
- The handwritten declaration should be in your own handwriting.
- File type: jpg / jpeg
- Dimensions: 800 x 400 pixels in 200 DPI (Preferred for required quality) i.e 10 cm * 5 cm (Width * Height)
- File Size: 50 KB – 100 KB
“I________(Name of the candidate), _______(Date of Birth) hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required. The signature, photograph and left-hand thumb impression is of mine”
As soon as you finished filling all the personal details in the application form, you will be required to submit the SBI PO application fee online.You will be provided with various online payment options where you will have to fill in the required details and pay the required fee according to your category. The SBI PO application fee details are as follows.
|S. No.||Category||Application Fee|
|1||SC/ ST/ PWD||NIL|
|2||General/ EWS/ OBC||Rs. 750/-|
Admit Card 2021
After the application process for SBI PO is complete, SBI would release the admit card for the SBI PO Prelims exam a few days before the actual exam. The SBI PO admit card will have all the details like venue, date and time of the exam along with other important instructions. You can download the admit card from the SBI official website. The call letter, photocopy of identity proof and its original need to be produced at the SBI PO exam venue.
Number of Chances
Candidates who have exhausted their maximum number of permissible chances are not eligible to apply. The number of chances will be counted from the examination held on April 18,2010. Please note that, appearing in Preliminary Examination will not be counted as a chance. Appearing in the Main Examination will only be counted as a chance.
Important Note: In the years in which only one written examination has been held (i.e. no Preliminary Examination has been held), appearing in this examination will be counted as a chance.Further details on the number of attempts for SBI PO can be deduced from the table below.
|Category||No. Of Chances|
|SC/ ST||No Restriction|
|SC(PWD)/ST (PWD)||No Restriction|
Additional Information (Pre-exam training)
SBI also provides the facility of Pre-exam training to the reserved categories of candidates, to ensure that they are not deprived of the necessary information required to qualify for the examination. The pre-exam training call letter will be released a few days before the SBI PO exam for Prelims. Candidates need to download the call letter from the website itself. The SBI PO pre-exam training will be held in selected centres only.
Please find below an indicative list of SBI PO training centres:(Pre Exam Training )
|State code||State/ UT||Pre-Examination Training Centre|
|11||Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|12||Andhra Pradesh||Chirala, Chittoor, Eluru, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Ongole, Rajahmundhry, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam, Vizianagaram|
|14||Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar, Tezpur|
|15||Bihar||Arrah, Aurangabad (Bihar), Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea|
|17||Chhattisgarh||Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur|
|19||Gujarat||Ahmedabad/ Gandhinagar, Anand, Himmatnagar, Jamnagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|20||Haryana||Ambala, Faridabad, Gurugram, Hissar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Yamunanagar|
|21||Himachal Pradesh||Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Shimla, Solan, Una|
|22||Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu, Samba, Srinagar|
|23||Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Hazaribag, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|24||Karnataka||Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bidar, Davangere, Dharwad, Gulbarga, Hassan, Hubli, Mandya, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udupi|
|25||Kerala||Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thrichur, Thiruvananthapuram|
|28||Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Satna, Sagar, Ujjain|
|29||Maharashtra||Amaravati, Aurangabad, Chandrapur, Dhule, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai/ Thane/ Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Ratnagiri, Solapur|
|34||Delhi -NCR||Delhi & New Delhi|
|35||Odisha||Balasore, Berhampur (Ganjam), Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|37||Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Fatehgarh Sahib, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Patiala, Sangrur|
|38||Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur|
|39||Sikkim||Bardang - Gangtok|
|40||Tamilnadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Erode, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Vellore, Virudhunagar|
|41||Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Warangal|
|43||Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Banda, Faizabad, Ghaziabad, Gonda, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Noida/ Greater Noida, Sitapur, Varanasi|
|44||Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee|
|44||West Bengal||Asansol, Durgapur, Hooghly, Kalyani, Kolkata, Siliguri|
SBI PO Notification Related Quick Links
Recommended Course for you
Boost your preparation with Beepedia
High Quality Mock Test for you
Free Important Video Lectures
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1:Is there a limit to the number of attempts in the SBI PO Exam?
A:Yes. The applicants are allowed to appear for the SBI PO examination for a fixed number of times depending on the category they belong to.
Q2:How many vacancies are announced for this year i.e. 2021?
A:SBI has announced 2056 vacancies for the post of Probationary Officer.
Q3:When will the Admit Card for SBI PO Prelims be issued?
A:You will able to download the Admit card in the 1st/2nd week of November 2021 (as per the Official Notification).
Q4:I belong to the EWS category. Will I get a concession in the application fee?
A:No, as a EWS candidate, you will not get any concession in the application fee, however, 200 seats will be reserved for you. Also, you will be able to get an advantage in the cut off score as well.
Q5:Can my details be edited in the SBI PO online application form?
A:Yes, you can change your details after registration. But, once theSBI PO 2021 application form is finally submitted you cannot change or edit it.
- List of Nobel Prize Winners 2021
- GIC Assistant Manager 2021 Result Out! Check the Interview Dates
- LIC AAO Mains 2021 Admit Card Out! Direct Link for Call Letter
- NIACL AO Prelims 2021 Exam Analysis
- SSC MTS Exam 2021: Everything You Need to Know!
- IBPS PO Recruitment 2021-22 Notification Out! 4135 Vacancies Announced! Apply Now!
- नाबार्ड ,पीएफआरडीए राजभाषा अधिकारी: रोजगार का एक बेहतरीन विकल्प, जानें कैसे करें तैयारी डॉ. ऋतु जोशी से!
- NABARD Grade A 2021 Phase 2: Sample Questions for Descriptive ARD
- SBI PO 2021 Syllabus: Find the Complete Syllabus Here
- How to Prepare for NABARD Grade A Mains
Would you like to rate us 5 star.