The official notification of State Bank of Sikkim contains all details regarding the examination process, the final dates of which are yet to be announced. The tentative scheme of examination indicates a two tier selection process. The SBS Assistant Manager exam will be held in two phases:
- Phase 1 - Written Examination
- Phase 2 - Interview
The mode of the written examination to be conducted by the State Bank of Sikkim is still unclear. It can either be on an OMR system or online. The final decision will be made depending on the pandemic situation and also the number of applications.
After the second phase of Interview, the final selection will be made and the merit list will be released on the bank’s website.
Phase 1 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the SBS Assistant Manager Phase 1 will be objective and consist of five sections. There will be 200 questions of 200 marks. It can be a paper based or online exam, which will be decided later on by the bank. Candidates will have to qualify this objective test by securing passing marks which will be decided by the bank accordingly. The SBS Assistant Manager exam pattern is given below.
|Sl. No.||Test Name||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Phase-I: Written Examination|
|1.||English Language||25||25||Composite time of 3 hours|
|3.||Data Analysis & Interpretation||50||50|
|5.||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||25||25|
|Phase – II: Interview|
- There will be negative marking in the SBS Assistant Manager Phase 1 exam. One fourth of the total marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer
Phase 2: Interview
After the written exam in Phase 1, the candidates who will be able to secure passing marks will be called subsequently for the second phase ie Interview. The Interview will be of 25 marks. The bank will ensure that candidates from each category are given an equal chance while calling for the Interview round.
After both the stages of SBS Assistant Manager exam have been conducted, the marks obtained in both of these phases will be added and considered for the final selection. The final selection list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the online exam and Interview. The SBS Assistant Manager final list be available on both newspaper and the State Bank of Sikkim’s website.
State Bank Of Sikkim (Assistant Manager) Marking Scheme
|State Bank Of Sikkim (Assistant Manager) Marking Scheme||Considered Marks|
|For correct answers||1 mark|
|For wrong answers||-1/4th or -0.25 marks|
|For not attempted||0 (no marks)|
Preparation Strategy 2021
You won't be able to come out with flying colours in the State Bank Of Sikkim Assistant Manager exam if you don't plan how to approach and prepare for different sections. Here are some basic tips-
- Read the opinion and editorial sections of any standard newspaper
- Practice is the key to prepare for any competitive exam. Attempt mocks to get aware of the exam pattern and question level Give equal importance to each section
- Make a study plan but keep some room for flexibility
- Make sure that you have gone through the syllabus thoroughly so that you do not drift from the topics mentioned
- Have an understanding of difficulty level by analysing previous year papers
- Jot down important points, short cut, formulas but do not overdo