RBI, Banking and Economy
- RBI Liberalises Norms To Boost Forex Inflows
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) further liberalised norms to boost inflows of foreign exchange.
- The measures taken by the central bank comes in the backdrop of rupee depreciating by 4.1 per cent against the US dollar during the current financial year so far amid the ongoing geopolitical tensions.
- US Fashion brand Gap returns to India, signs deal with Reliance Retail
- Reliance Retail has entered into a franchise agreement with Gap Inc to bring the American fashion brand to India.
- Gap first came to India in 2014 through a franchisee agreement with Arvind Fashions and exited six years later in 2020.
- Government notifies host of procedural changes in GST rules
- The government has notified a host of procedural changes in the GST rules.
- The provision would come into effect from July 5 and would apply retrospectively from July 1, 2017, -- the date of GST rollout.
- P.T. Usha, Ilaiyaraaja among four picked for Rajya Sabha
- Olympic sprinter T. Usha, music composer Ilaiyaraaja, philanthropist Veerendra Heggade and screenwriter V. Vijayendra Prasad have been nominated to the Rajya Sabha in the category of eminent persons nominated by the President.
- In total, the President nominates 12 persons as his nominees to the Rajya Sabha — persons known for their eminence in the fields of arts and letters and public service. Of the 12, seven seats were vacant, of which four have now been filled.
- “HariyaliMahotsav” to be organized by Ministry of Environment
- Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change will be organizing “Hariyali Mahotsav” on 8th July, 2022 in New Delhi in the spirit of “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Delhi to host ‘India’s biggest shopping festival
- The Delhi government announced it will host a month long shopping festival between January 28 and February 26 next year.
- Delhi Shopping Festival will be India’s biggest shopping festival, aims to attract people from across the world, boost local tourism and generate employment for the city’s residents.
- MyGov Gujarat- The 18th MyGov State instance launched today
- MyGov Gujarat, the 18th MyGov state instance, has been
- The MyGov Gujarat platform shall empower 6.67 crore Gujaratis to contribute even more, towards nation building.
REPORTS AND INDEXES
- 2022 India Office Occupier Survey: CBRE South Asia Pvt. Ltd
- Real estate firm CBRE South Asia Pvt. Ltd has published a survey titled ‘2022 India Office Occupier Survey’.
- According to it, remote working may soon be over in India as organisations are switching over to hybrid model.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Indigenous technology developed by IIT Kharagpur
- To increase the local manufacturing, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has initiated a programme for Indigenous Development of Electric Vehicle Sub-systems.
- An Indigenous, Efficient, Affordable and Certified BLDC motor and smart controller for e-Rickshaws has been developed by IIT Kharagpur under the above mentioned program.
- Rapidly charging E-cycle developed with Na-ion batteries and supercapacitors
- Scientists have used nano-materials to develop Na-ion-based batteries and supercapacitors, which can be rapidly charged and have integrated them in e-cycles.
- The low-cost Na-ion-based technologies would be cheap and are expected to reduce the cost of the e-cycles significantly.
- PM to launch education summit
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate a three-day summit in Varanasi on 07 July 2022 that will culminate with the adoption of the Varanasi Declaration on higher education.
- The summit is being organised by the Ministry of Education in association with the University Grants Commission and Banaras Hindu University.
- India’s first ever Animal Health Summit
- To strengthen the cooperative movement in the livestock sector ,Shri Parshottam Rupala, Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Inaugurated First India Animal Health Summit 2022 on 06 July 2022 and called for greater use of Ayurveda for ensuring better animal health.
- Dhawan to lead India in WI
- Shikhar Dhawan was named India captain for the three ODIs against the West Indies in the absence of regular skipper Rohit Sharma.
- Virat Kohli and Rishabh Pant were among those who have been rested for the series beginning on July 22 in Port of Spain.