SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern of SSC GD Constable 2018-19
The Exam for SSC GD 2018-19 Recruitment will be conducted through a nationwide competitive examination, in three Phases as mentioned below.
Phase I Computer Based Examination
All candidates whose online application are found to be order will be called to appear in the Computer Based Examination (CBE). The Computer based examination will consist of one objective type containing 100 questions carrying 100 marks, with the following composition:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration/Time Allowed|
|Part-A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25||90 minutes|
|Part-B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
|Part – C||Elementary Mathematics||25||25|
|Part – D||English/ Hindi||25||25|
Phase II: Physical Efficiency Test (PET) :-
Based on the performance in CBE, candidates will be shortlisted for PET/PST by the Commission. Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Physical Standard Test (PST) will be conducted at various centres finalized by the CAPFs. Detailed scrutiny of candidates’ eligibility/ documents will be undertaken at the time of DME. Therefore, it will be the responsibility of the candidates to verify their eligibility as prescribed in this notice before appearing for CBE/PST/PET. During PET/PST, candidates who are found eligibility on height parameters will undergo PET (race) followed by biometric/ technology aided identification. Scrutiny of eligibility of candidates for any relaxation i.e. age, height and chest measurement will be carried out after qualifying PET (race) before PST by CAPFs PET/ PST Boards.
- Physical Efficiency Test(PET):
|For Male Candidates||For Female Candidates|
|Race||5 Kms in 24 minutes.||1.6 Kms in 8 ½ minutes|
- For candidates of Ladakh Region:
|For Male Candidates||For Female Candidates|
|Race||1 Mile in 6 ½ minutes||800 metres in 4 minutes|
- Pregnancy at the time of PET will be considered a disqualification and pregnant female candidates shall be rejected at this stage.
- The ex-serviceman who will be shortlisted in Computer Based Examination will have to appear in PET/PST stage for recording measurement of Height. Chest and Weight only. PET will not be held ex-servicemen candidates. Further, they will have to qualify Medical Examination (DME).
Phase III: Physical Standard Test (PST):-
Physical standards laid down for the post of Constable/Rifleman are”-
|Height||Height (in cms)|
|General, SC & OBC candidates (except those mentioned below)||170||157|
|The minimum height for all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||150|
|The minimum height for all Schedule Tribe candidates hailing from the North-Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Maghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura and Naxal/ Left Wing Extremism affected Districts||160||147.5|
|The Minimum height for the candidates falling in the categories of Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to the States of Assam, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir||165||155|
|The minimum height for the candidates hailing from North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura||162.5||152.5|
|The minimum height for the candidates hailing from Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA) comprising of the three Sub-Division of Darjeeling District namely Darjeeling, Kalimpong and Kurseong and includes the following “Mouzas” Sub-Divisions of these Districts: (1) Lohargarh Tea Garden (2) Lohagarh Forest (3) Rangmohan (4) Barachenga (5) Panighata (6)Chota Adalpur (7) Paharu (8) Sukna Forest (9) Sukna Part-I (10) Pantapati Forest-1 (11) Mahanadi Forest (12) Champasari Forest (13) Salbari Chhatpart-II (14) Sitong Forest (13) Salbari Chhatpart- II (14) Sitong Forest (15) Sivoke Hill Forest (16) Sivoke Forest (17) Chhota Chenga (18) Nipania.||157||152.5|
|Chest||Chest (in cms: Unexpanded/Minimum expansion)|
|General, SC & OBC male candidates (except those mentioned below)||80/5||N/A|
|The minimum chest for all male candidates belonging to the Statesof Assam, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir||78/5||N/A|
|The minimum chestfor the candidates hailing from North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura and candidates hailing from Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA) comprising of three Sub-Division of Darjeeling Districts; (1) Lohargarh Tea Garden (2) Lohagarh Forest (3) Rangmohan (4) Barachega (5) Panighata (6) Chota Adalpur (7) Paharu (8) Sukna Forest (9) Sukna Part-I (10) Pantapati Forest-1 (11) Mahanadi Forest (12) Champasari Forest (13) Salbari Chhatpart-II (14) Sitong Forest (15) Sivoke Hill Forest (16) Sivoke Forest (17) Chhota Chenga (18) Nipania.||77/5||N/A|
c. Weight: For male and Female candidates. Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards.
Phase IV: Medical Examination:
Candidates will be shortlisted for Detailed Medical Examination (DME) form the pool of candidates who qualify PET/PST. At the time of DME, following documents will be verified:
- Matriculation/ Secondary Examination Certificate to prove age, name and educational qualification.
- Domicile Certificate/ Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) issued by the competent authority.
- Certificate from serving defense personnel
- Ex-Servicemen candidates regarding completion of engagement in Armed Forces.
- Certificate from candidates who wish to avail relaxation in height/ chest measurement
- Nativity/ Identity Certificate by West Pakistani Refugee
SSC GD Medical Test Pattern 2018-19
As per SSC GD Notification by officials, SSC GD Medical Test, candidates must not have knock knee, flat foot, various vein and squint in eyes. They must be in good mental and physical health.
The selected candidates will be medically examined by the Medical Boards constituted by the CAPFs to assess their physical and medical fitness as prescribed hereinafter;
A. Eye Sight:
|Visual Acuity unaided (NEAR VISION)||Uncorrected visual acuity (DISTANT VISION)||Refraction||Colour Vision||Remarks|
|Better eye||Worse eye||Better eye||Worse eye|
|N6||N9||6/6||6/9||Visual correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses.||CP.III by ISIHARA||For right handed person, the right eye is better eye and vice versa. Binocular vision is required|
B. GENERAL MEDICAL GUIDELINES.
- The purpose of medical standards is to ensure that medically fit candidates are accepted into the CAPFs.
- Candidates will be medically examined in terms of ‘Guidelines for recruitment Medical examination in CAPFs and AR’ issued vide MHA UO No. A-VI-1/2014/Rectt(SSSB) dated 20.05.2015 and subsequently amended from time to time.
- Refusal to undergo medical examination at any stage or absenting/ deserting oneself from the same will render the candidate unfit.
- A declaration is to given by candidates in a proforma which will be provided to candidates at the time of Medical Examination regarding history or presence of diseases ant treatments taken, if any, evidence of which is not readily obtainable during the medical examination. Any false declaration in this aspect, discovered later at any stage of service, will make the candidate liable for disciplinary action including termination from service.
- At some stage of medical examination male candidates will required to be examined in nude. Loin cloth is to be permitted except for genitalia and perineum is being examined.
- The final decision of fitness/ unfitness in weight will be decided by the medical board at the time of medical examination based on the height and age chart on the day of medical examination and as per the height measured by the PST/PET Board & as per guidelines for the same.
- Medical Test (X-Ray) chest-PA view, Haemoglobin, Urine routine/ microscopic examination will be must for all candidates under medical examination.
- For all female candidates: In case of medical examination, “Temporary Unfitness” will not be allowed. However, any such female candidates who during medical examination is found to be pregnant of twelve weeks standing or above, she shall be declared “temporary unfit” and will be re-examined six weeks after the pregnancy is over, either naturally or artificially, subject to the production of a medical certificate of fitness from a registered medical practitioner to the Nodal CPF.
- Tattoo: Following criteria has been fixed to determine permissibility of Tattoo:
- Content: Tattoo depicting religious symbol or figures and the name, as followed in India Army are to be permitted.
- Location: Tattoo marked on traditional sites of the body like inner aspect of forearm, but only left forearm, being non-saluting limb or dorsum of the hands are to be allowed.
- Size: Must be less than ¼ of the particular part of the body.
- Duration of fitness for Post-operative cases. If any candidate is operated before medical and comes for medical examination to be conducted by CAPF, then minimum time period that should be completed after operation at the time of medical for fitness will be considered as per details given below:
- Body surface swelling, DNS, tonsillectomy and nasal polypectomy: 1 month.
- Hydrocele: 3 months
- Tympanoplasty: 4 months
- Abdominal/ pelvic surgeries involving opening of peritoneum, repairs of Hernia, varicocele surgeries, surgery for fistula-in-anon etc: 6 months.
- Above time will be considered at the time of medical only and not after the due date medical.
- Any surgery conducted between the period of DME & RME for corrective measure of unfitness will be accepted and be considered as ‘unfit’.
- The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes.
- Examination of blood pressure, (Normal Range Systolic 100-140 mm of Hg. Diastolic 60 to 90 mm of Hg).
- Haemoglobin; (Normal Range: 12-16 g/dL for male, 10-14 g/dL for female). Candidates with more than 18 g/dL will be considered unfit. Haemoglobin below 12g/dL for male and below 10g/dL for female will be considered as disqualified.
- SEBI Grade A 2020
- LIC AAO
- SBI PO 2020
- SBI Clerk 2020
- IBPS CLERK
- RBI Assistant --cy--
- NABARD GRADE A 2020
- RBI Grade B 2020
- Railway Recruitment (ALP/TECH.)
- IBPS RRB Group 'A' Officers (Scale-I) --cy--
- IBPS PO
- SSC CGL
- Rajasthan Police Constable Recruitment
- IBPS RRB Group 'B' Office Assistant --cy--
- IBPS SO
- SSC CHSL
- South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk
- Syndicate Bank PO Recruitment
- Canara Bank PO Recruitment
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- IDBI Executive 2020
- NABARD Grade B 2020
- Railway Group D Recruitment
- SSC CPO
- South Indian Bank PO
- Bank of Baroda PO Exam
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale II Exam 2020
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale III Exam 2020
- Railway Group D Recruitment Exam 2018 Calendar In Hindi
- NIACL Recruitment
- SSC GD Constable Exam
- Indian Bank PO
- FEDERAL Bank PO/Clerk
- LIC Housing Finance Ltd Exam
- Nabard Development Assistant
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Recruitment
- ESIC SSO
- Army Public School
- IB Security Assistant
- SSC Stenographer
- DRDO Senior Technical Assistant
- Railway Protection Force Constable
- RBI Security Guard
- HTET Recruitment
- RPF SI Recruitment
- Bank of Baroda So
- NIACL Administrative Officer
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank PO
- RRB JE
- IDBI Assistant Manager
- FCI 2020
- SSC MTS 2019
- RRB NTPC
- CWC 2019
- EPFO Assistant
- LIC ADO
- Repco Bank Clerk 2019
- EPFO SSA (Social Security Assistant)
- HSSC 2019
- Nainital Bank 2020
- NVS PGT
- Uttarakhand Assistant Agriculture Officer
- LIC Assistant 2020
- SSC Selection Posts
- FCI Manager 2020
- IELTS Exam 2020
- Central Bank of India SO
- Jaiib Exam
- J and K Bank PO 2020
- J and K Bank Clerk 2020
- PFRDA Grade A