MONTH END DHAMAKA SALE IS Here
Use coupon code: FLAT70
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
Now that the SSC CHSL recruitment 2023 is out, it is important that you know about the SSC CHSL exam pattern so that you can start your preparation accordingly. SSC CHSL exam 2023 will be conducted in two phases, as follows-
- Tier 1: Objective Type Computer Based exam
- Tier 2: Objective Type Computer Based exam
More details on the SSC CHSL exam pattern is given below.
SSC CHSL Tier-1 Exam Pattern
The SSC CHSL Tier-1 is the first stage in the SSC CHSL recruitment 2023. You need to qualify this stage in order to move to the next stage. The SSC CHSL Tier-1 will be a computer-based exam consisting of objective type questions with multiple choices. SSC CHSL Tier-1 will consist of four subjects. Look at the table below for more details regarding the SSC CHSL Tier-1 exam pattern.
|Part||Subjects (Not in sequence)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|I||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50||1 hour (1 hour 20 minutes for PwBD candidates)|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
- There will be a negative marking of 0.5 marks in Tier-1.
SSC CHSL Tier-2 Exam Pattern
If you qualify Tier-1, you will be called for SSC CHSL Tier-2. The CHSL exam pattern for Tier-2 has been revised this year. Now, the Tier-2 exam will be conducted in two sessions on the same day. Session-I will comprise of three Sections with objective type multiple choice questions. On the other hand in Session 2, a Skill Test/Typing Test will be conducted for the post of DEO and LDC/JSA. For more information on the CHSL exam pattern for Tier-2, please look at the table below.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allowed|
|Session-1 (2 hours and 15 minutes)|
||180||1 hour (for each section) (1 hour 20 minutes for PwBD candidates)|
||15||45||15 Minutes (20 minutes for PwBD candidates)|
||Part A: Skill Test for DEOs.||-||15 Minutes (20 minutes for PwBD candidates)|
|Part B: Typing Test for LDC/ JSA.||-||10 Minutes (15 minutes for PwBD candidates)|
- There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer in Section-I, Section-II and Module-I of Section-III.
- Module-I of Section-III i.e. Computer Knowledge Test is mandatory but qualifying in nature.
Skill Test/Typing Test: Module-II of Section-III
Module-II of Section-III consists of a Skill Test/Typing Test for the post of DEO and LDC/JSA, which will be conducted on the same day. The Skill Test/Typing Test will be qualifying in nature. Furthermore, errors in the Skill Test will be calculated up to 2 decimal places.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator
For the post of DEO, the Skill test is mandatory, and no candidate will be exempted from appearing in this test.
Typing Test for LDC/JSA
The Typing Test will be conducted for the posts of LDC/JSA, and is mandatory for all candidates. The medium of the Typing Test will be Hindi or English. You will be asked to choose your medium of language for the Typing Test while filling out the SSC CHSL Application form, which will be considered as final and no request to change the medium of Typing Test will be entertained later.
Mode of Selection
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Tier-2 on the basis of the marks obtained in the Tier-1 examination. There may be separate category wise cut-offs for different posts and subsequent Tiers.
- The candidates have to appear in all the three sections of Tier-2. Furthermore, it is mandatory for all the candidates to qualify all the sections inTier-2.
- Based on the aggregate performance in Section-I and Section-II of Tier-2 exam, candidates will be shortlisted for evaluation of Section-III of Tier-2 exam. The candidates who have not qualified in Section-I + Section-II will not be eligible for evaluation of Section-III and they will not be considered for further selection process.
- The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in Tier-2 only.
- Given below are the minimum qualifying marks in Tier-I, Section-I, Section-II & Module-I of Section-III of Tier-II Examination are as follows:
- UR- 30%
- OBC/EWS- 25%
- All other categories- 20%
SSC CHSL Marking Scheme
The SSC CHSL marking scheme is different for Tier-1 and Tier-2. Please refer to the table below for more details regarding the SSC CHSL marking scheme.
SSC CHSL Exam Marking Scheme 2023
|Marking Scheme||Considered Marks|
|For correct answers||2 marks|
|For wrong answers||-0.50 marks|
|For not attempted||0 (no marks)|
SSC CHSL Exam Language
The SSC CHSL Tier-1 and Tier-2 exam will be bilingual in nature, i.e it will be available in both Hindi and English, except the test of English Language. This implies that you will be able to choose your default language for the exam as English or Hindi. You can change the choice of language for any particular question if you feel the need for it, by clicking on the drop-down menu available on the top right corner