SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2018
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL 2019 Examination is round the corner as the notification has already been released and all the candidates who have planned to appear in the examination will have to gear up and start the preparation now. Before you start your preparation you should also knpw about the exam pattern so that you can start your preparation accordingly. SSC CHSL 2019 Exam will be conducted in 3 phases, as follows:
Tier 1: Objective Type Computer Based Examination
Tier 2: Descriptive Paper
Tier 3. Typing Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)
Exam Pattern for SSC CHSL 2019 Tier 1
The SSC CHSL 2019 Examination process will start with the commencement of Tier 1. The SSC CHSL 2019 Tier 1 will be an online objective test with multiple answer choices. The exam will consist of four tests: English Language, General Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude and General Awareness. The tests of English Language and Quantitative Aptitude will only test your basic knowledge. All the sections will be allotted equal marks and a composite time duration of 1 Hour.
|Part||Subjects (Not in sequence)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|I||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50||60 Minutes|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
For VH/ OH (afflicted by Cerebral Palsy and OH with deformity in writing hand time duration would be 80 Minutes
- This examination tier will consist of Objective Type - Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-II, III & IV.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer
Exam Pattern for SSC CHSL Tier 2
All the candidates who qualify in SSC CHSL Tier 1 will be called for Tier 2, which will be a 'descriptive paper' where the candidates will be required to write down an essay and a letter withing the specified word limit. Total marks allotted will be 100 marks and the time duration will be 1 Hour. The Exam Pattern for Tier 2 SSC CHSL Exam is as follows:
|Descriptive Paper||Total Marks||Duration|
|Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words.||100||60 minutes|
Tier-II Paper will be in ‘Pen and Paper Mode.
- For VH/ OH (afflicted by Cerebral Palsy and OH with deformity in writing hand time duration would be 80 Minutes
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent.
- The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit.
- The candidates will be given a choice of language while attempting this section. Candidates can write the paper either in Hindi or English. Using both the languages partially will not be allowed.
SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Pattern for Tier 3
For some of the posts under SSC CHSL 2019 Exam, there will be a Tier-III which would be the Skill Test/ Typing Test which would be of qualifying nature.The final merit of the successful candidates would be determined on the basis of total score obtained by them in Tier-I and Tier-II.
Details of Skill Test for Data Entry Operator
- Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
- For post of Data Entry Operator in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG):- A speed Test of not less than 15000 key depressions per hour for data entry work to be ascertained through speed test on Computer.
The methodology of the Exam
- The ‘Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on Computer’ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions as per the given passage.
- The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 key-depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer.
- For the post of Data Entry Operator in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): The 'speed of 15000 key depressions per hour on Computer’ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions as per the given passage.
- The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 3700-4000 key-depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer.
- Only those candidates, who secure at least the minimum qualifying marks in the Computer Based Examination (Tier-I) and Descriptive Paper (Tier-II), as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion, will be called for Skill Test
Details of Typing Test for LDC/ JSA and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant
- Typing Test will be conducted for those candidates who qualify in the Computer Based Examination(Tier-I) and Descriptive Paper (Tier-II).
- Such Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/ her choice for Skill Test medium in the Application Form.
- Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute (w.p.m) and those opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
- VH/ OH (afflicted by Cerebral Palsy) and OH with deformity in writing hand (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes including compensatory time 20 minutes.
- 35 w.p.m. and 30 w.p.m. correspond to 10500 key depressions per hour and 9000 key depressions per hour respectively.
Resolution of Tie cases
Tie cases will be resolved by applying the following parameters one after another, till the tie is resolved:
- Total Marks in Tier-I + Tier-II
- Total marks of Tier-II Examination.
- Total marks in Tier-I Examination.
- Date of birth, with older candidates placed higher.
- Alphabetical order in which first names of the candidates appear.
Mode of selection:
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Tier-II Examination on the basis of their performance in Tier-I. There may be separate cut-offs for different posts i.e DEO, DEO Grade 'A', LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA in Tier-I and subsequent Tiers.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Tier-III Examination the basis of their performance in (Tier-I+ Tier-II) subject to having minimum score of 33% in Tier-II.
- Tier-III Examination i.e. Skill Test will be of qualifying type. The candidates who qualify Tier- III will be called for Document Verification to check the eligibility of candidates as per information given by him/ her in the online Application Form.
- Final allocation of candidates will be made to User Departments depending on their merit position and the option exercised by them during document verification.
- Merger of BNP Paribas (BNPP) Mutual Fund and the Baroda (BOB) Mutual Fund
- Moody’s cuts India’s growth forecast to 5.6%
- Wholesale inflation eases to 0.16 per cent in October
- SBI PO 2019
- SBI Clerk 2019
- IBPS CLERK
- RBI Assistant
- NABARD Grade A Exam
- RBI Grade B 2019
- Railway Recruitment (ALP/TECH.)
- IBPS RRB Group 'A' Officers (Scale-I)
- IBPS PO 2019
- SSC CGL
- Rajasthan Police Constable Recruitment
- IBPS RRB Group 'B' Office Assistant
- IBPS SO 2019
- SSC CHSL
- South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk
- Syndicate Bank PO Recruitment
- Canara Bank PO Recruitment
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- IDBI Executive 2019
- NABARD Grade B 2020
- Railway Group D Recruitment
- SSC CPO
- South Indian Bank PO
- Bank of Baroda PO Exam
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale II Exam
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale III Exam
- NIACL Recruitment
- SSC GD Constable Exam
- Indian Bank PO
- FEDERAL Bank PO/Clerk
- LIC Housing Finance Ltd Exam
- Nabard Development Assistant
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Recruitment
- SEBI Grade A 2020
- ESIC SSO
- Army Public School
- IB Security Assistant
- SSC Stenographer
- DRDO Senior Technical Assistant
- Railway Protection Force Constable
- RBI Security Guard
- HTET Recruitment
- RPF SI Recruitment
- Bank of Baroda So
- NIACL Administrative Officer
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank PO
- RRB JE 2019
- LIC AAO 2019
- IDBI Assistant Manager
- FCI 2019
- SSC MTS 2019
- RRB NTPC 2019
- CWC 2019
- EPFO Assistant
- LIC ADO
- Repco Bank Clerk 2019
- EPFO SSA (Social Security Assistant)
- HSSC 2019
- Nainital Bank 2019
- NVS PGT
- Uttarakhand Assistant Agriculture Officer
- LIC Assistant 2019
- SSC Selection Posts
- FCI Manager 2019
- IELTS Exam 2019
- Central Bank of India SO