SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2020
SSC CHSL 2019- 2020 examination notification has already been released but due to Coronavirus its Tier 1 dates has been postpone. So now you have more time to prepare for SSC CHSL exam. Before you start your preparation you should also know about the SSC CHSL exam pattern so that you can start your preparation accordingly. SSC CHSL exam 2020 will be conducted in 3 phases, as follows:
Tier 1: Objective Type Computer Based exam
Tier 2: Descriptive Paper
Tier 3. Typing Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Pattern 2020
The SSC CHSL Tier 1 2020 will be an online objective test with multiple answer choices. The SSC CHSL exam will consist of four tests: English Language, General Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude and General Awareness. Details of SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam pattern is given in the table below
|Part||Subjects (Not in sequence)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|I||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50||60 Minutes|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
For VH/ OH (afflicted by Cerebral Palsy and OH with deformity in writing hand time duration would be 80 Minutes
- This examination tier will consist of Objective Type - Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-II, III & IV.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Exam Pattern 2020
If you are able to qualify SSC CHSL Tier 1, you will be called for Tier 2, which will be a 'descriptive paper' where you will be required to write down an essay and a letter within the specified word limit. Total marks allotted will be 100 marks and the time duration will be 1 Hour. The Exam Pattern for SSC CHSL Tier 2 exam is as follows:
|Descriptive Paper||Total Marks||Duration|
|Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words.||100||60 minutes|
Tier-2 Paper will be in ‘Pen and Paper Mode.
- For VH/ OH (afflicted by Cerebral Palsy and OH with deformity in writing hand, time duration would be 80 Minutes
- The minimum qualifying marks in SSC CHSL Tier-2 would be 33 per cent.
- The performance in Tier 2 would be included for preparing merit.
- You will be given a choice of language while attempting this section. You can write the paper either in Hindi or English. Using both the languages partially will not be allowed.
SSC CHSL Tier 3 Exam Pattern 2020
For some of the posts under SSC CHSL exam 2020, there will be a Tier-3 which would be a Skill Test/ Typing Test of qualifying nature. The final merit will be determined on the basis of total score obtained by you in SSC CHSL Tier-1 and Tier-2.
Details of Skill Test for Data Entry Operator
- Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
- For post of Data Entry Operator in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG):- A speed Test of not less than 15000 key depressions per hour for data entry work to be ascertained through speed test on Computer.
The methodology of the Exam
- The ‘Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on Computer’ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions as per the given passage.
- The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 key-depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer.
- For the post of Data Entry Operator in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): The 'speed of 15000 key depressions per hour on Computer’ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions as per the given passage.
- The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 3700-4000 key-depressions would be given to you to enter the same in the Computer.
- If you secure the minimum qualifying marks in the Computer Based Examination (Tier-1) and Descriptive Paper (Tier-2), as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion, then only you will be called for Skill Test
Details of Typing Test for LDC/ JSA and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant
- Typing Test will be conducted for those who qualify in the Computer Based Examination(Tier-1) and Descriptive Paper (Tier-2).
- Such Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and you have to indicate your choice for Skill Test medium in the SSC CHSL application Form.
- If you are from English medium background, you should have typing speed of 35 words per minute (w.p.m) and if you belong to Hindi medium you should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
- VH/ OH (afflicted by Cerebral Palsy) and OH with deformity in writing hand (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes including compensatory time 20 minutes.
- 35 w.p.m. and 30 w.p.m. correspond to 10500 key depressions per hour and 9000 key depressions per hour respectively.
Resolution of Tie cases
Tie cases will be resolved by applying the following parameters one after another, till the tie is resolved:
- Total Marks in Tier-1 + Tier-2
- Total marks of Tier-2 Examination.
- Total marks in Tier-1 Examination.
- Date of birth, with older candidates placed higher.
- Alphabetical order in which first names of the candidates appear.
Mode of selection:
- You will be shortlisted for SSC CHSL Tier-2 examination on the basis of your performance in Tier-1. There may be separate cut-offs for different posts i.e DEO, DEO Grade 'A', LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA in Tier-1 and subsequent Tiers.
- You will be shortlisted for SSC CHSL Tier-3 examination on the basis of your performance in (Tier-1+ Tier-2) subjected to minimum score of 33% in Tier-2.
- Tier-3 Examination i.e. Skill Test will be of qualifying type. If you qualify Tier- 2 you will be called for Document Verification to check the eligibility as per information given by you in the online SSC CHSL application form.
- Final allocation will be made depending on your merit position and the option exercised by you during document verification.
- SEBI Grade A 2020
- LIC AAO
- SBI PO 2020
- SBI Clerk 2020
- IBPS CLERK
- RBI Assistant
- NABARD GRADE A 2020
- RBI Grade B 2020
- Railway Recruitment (ALP/TECH.)
- IBPS RRB Group 'A' Officers (Scale-I)
- SBI PO Career Path
- IBPS PO
- SSC CGL
- Rajasthan Police Constable Recruitment
- IBPS RRB Group 'B' Office Assistant
- IBPS SO
- SSC CHSL
- South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk
- Syndicate Bank PO Recruitment
- Canara Bank PO Recruitment
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- IDBI Executive 2020
- NABARD Grade B 2020
- Railway Group D Recruitment
- SSC CPO
- South Indian Bank PO
- Bank of Baroda PO Exam
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale II Exam
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale III Exam
- NIACL Recruitment
- SSC GD Constable Exam
- Indian Bank PO
- FEDERAL Bank PO/Clerk
- LIC Housing Finance Ltd Exam
- Nabard Development Assistant
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Recruitment
- ESIC SSO
- Army Public School
- IB Security Assistant
- SSC Stenographer
- DRDO Senior Technical Assistant
- Railway Protection Force Constable
- RBI Security Guard
- HTET Recruitment
- RPF SI Recruitment
- Bank of Baroda So
- NIACL Administrative Officer
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank PO
- IBPS PO Dummy
- RRB JE
- IDBI Assistant Manager
- FCI 2020
- SSC MTS 2019
- RRB NTPC 2019
- CWC 2019
- EPFO Assistant
- LIC ADO
- Repco Bank Clerk 2019
- EPFO SSA (Social Security Assistant)
- HSSC 2019
- Nainital Bank 2020
- NVS PGT
- Uttarakhand Assistant Agriculture Officer
- LIC Assistant 2020
- SSC Selection Posts
- FCI Manager 2020
- IELTS Exam 2020
- Central Bank of India SO
- Dummy page
- Jaiib Exam