IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2024
You will not be allowed to fill out the application form if you do not conform to the IBPS PO eligibility criteria 2024 mentioned in the official notification. For the successful application of any examination, you need to follow certain guidelines that are mentioned in the official notification, failing which your candidature will be canceled. As per the IBPS PO notification 2024, the Cut Off Date for fulfilling the criteria of the age limit is August 01, 2023 (01.08.2023).
This means that candidates applying for the IBPS PO recruitment must ensure that they meet the age eligibility criteria as of this specified date. Know the complete IBPS PO 2024 eligibility details before applying.
For the successful application of any examination, you need to follow certain guidelines that are mentioned in the official notification, failing which your candidature will be canceled. You will not be allowed to fill out the application form if you do not conform to the IBPS PO eligibility criteria 2024 mentioned in the official notification. Know the complete IBPS PO eligibility details before applying.
IBPS PO Educational Criteria (As on August 01, 2024)
The most important part of the ‘eligibility criteria’ is to ensure that you have the required IBPS PO qualification as stated in the official notification. IBPS specifies fixed educational criteria that need to be strictly followed if you want to be selected as a PO in any bank. Given below is the IBPS PO eligibility criteria.
|IBPS Probationary Officer (PO)
IBPS PO Age Criteria (As on August 01, 2024)
IBPS has also mentioned specific age criteria that need to be met as well. As per the IBPS PO notification 2023, the Cut Off Date for fulfilling the criteria of the age limit is August 01, 2023 (01.08.2023). The details regarding the IBPS PO age limit can be inferred from the table below.
|Age Criteria (as on August 01, 2023)
|IBPS Probationary Officer (PO)
|Minimum Age - 20 years / Maximum Age - 30 years i.e. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1993 and not later than 01.08.2003 (both dates inclusive)
IBPS PO Age Relaxation
IBPS gives relaxation with respect to age, to certain categories, to facilitate them in the recruitment process. Refer to the table given below to get the required details regarding the IBPS PO 2023 age relaxation.
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment, subject to ceiling as per Government guidelines
|Persons affected by 1984 riots
|Persons with Benchmark Disability as defined under “The Rights of Persons With Disabilities Act, 2016”
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2024: General Guidelines
There are several components that make up the IBPS PO eligibility 2024 criteria that we will study in much detail throughout this page. However, before we do that, lets make a quick overview of all the details so that we can gain a fair sense of what we need to know. Here are the general eligibility criteria that candidates usually need to fulfill to apply for IBPS PO:
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Age Limit: The age limit may vary each year. Generally, candidates must be between 20 to 30 years of age as of a specific date. Age relaxation is provided to candidates belonging to reserved categories as per government norms.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have a minimum educational qualification of a Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. There is no specific percentage or marks requirement for the educational qualification.
- Work Experience: IBPS PO is an entry-level position, and candidates do not require any prior work experience to apply for the exam.
- Computer Literacy: Proficiency in using computers and working with computer systems is essential as the exam and subsequent job roles involve computer-based tasks.
- Language Proficiency: Candidates must be proficient in the official language of the state/UT they are applying for. They should be able to read, write, and speak the language. Note on Percentage Criteria: While there is no minimum percentage criterion for the educational qualification, some banks may have their own requirements regarding percentage marks. Candidates should refer to the individual bank's recruitment guidelines for this specific information.