RBI, Banking and Economy
- China provides $2.5-bn loan to Pakistan to boost its forex reserves
- China has again rushed to bail out Pakistan by providing USD 2.5 billion in assistance to prop up the fast-depleting foreign exchange reserves of Pakistan.
- Share of CASA in total bank deposits rose to 44.8% in March 2022: RBI data
- Data released by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) showed, the share of current and savings accounts (CASA) deposits of commercial banks has increased to 44.8 per cent as of March 2022-end, from 41.7 per cent three years ago.
- Cert-In extends deadline for VPN cybersecurity norms till Sept 25
- India’s Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) has extended until September 25 the deadline to comply with its cyber security norms for Virtual Private Network (VPN) and cloud services.
SEBI & Financial Awareness
- SEBI Penalises Coffee Day Enterprises, Coffee Day Trading For Disclosure Lapses
- Capital markets regulator SEBI imposed a penalty of Rs 1 lakh each on Coffee Day Enterprises and Coffee Day Trading for failing to make requisite disclosures pertaining to pledged and unpledged shares of Mindtree Ltd to the companies and stock exchanges.
- Dak Karmayogi: E-Learning Platform launched
- ‘Dak Karmayogi’, an e-learning portal of the Department of Posts was launched by Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Minister of Communications, Railways, Electronics & IT, and Shri Devusinh Chauhan, Minister of State for Communications, on 28-06-2022.
- Second Phase of Goal Programme launched
- Shri Arjun Munda, Minister of Tribal Affairs launched the second phase of the Going Online As Leaders (GOAL) program.
- The programme is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Meta (FaceBook).
- Delhi and Telangana High Court New Chief Justices
- Justice Satish Chandra Sharma, previously serving as the Chief Justice of Telangana High Court, took oath as the Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court.
- Justice Ujjal Bhuyan has been sworn in Chief Justice of Telangana High Court.
- PADMA, the Centralised Pay System for Indian Coast Guard launched
- Pay Roll Automation for Disbursement of Monthly Allowances (PADMA), an automated Pay & Allowances module for the Indian Coast Guard was inaugurated by Shri Rajnish Kumar, Controller General of Defence Accounts (CGDA), Ministry of Defence, on June 28, 2022.
- Indigenous Advanced Light Helicopter MK III squadron commissioned into Indian Coast Guard
- 835 Squadron (CG), an indigenous Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) MK III squadron, was commissioned into Indian Coast Guard at its Air Enclave in Porbandar, Gujarat on June 28, 2022.
- The 835 Sqn (CG) is commanded by Commandant Sunil Dutt.
- Laser-Guided ATGM successfully tested by DRDO & Indian Army
- Indigenously-developed Laser-Guided Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) was successfully test-fired from Main Battle Tank (MBT) Arjun by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Army on June 28, 2022.