RBI, Banking and Economy
- RBI extends date for implementing provisions on credit, debit card issuance
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) extended the timeline for implementation of certain provisions of the master directions it issued on issuance of debit cards and credit cards by three months from July 1, 2022 to October 1, 2022.
- LeadSquared became India's 103rd unicorn
- Sales automation software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform LeadSquared has raised $153 million in a Series C funding round from WestBridge Capital to become a new unicorn (valuation of $1 billion and above) in the country.
- It has become India’s 103rd unicorn.
- Yes Bank launches FD linked to repo rate
- Private sector lender Yes Bank has introduced a new fixed deposit product which is linked to the repo rate.
- The bank will offer 6 per cent interest rate (repo rate + 1.10 per cent mark up) for deposits of one year to less than 18 months and 6.5 per cent (repo rate + 1.60 per cent) for 18 months to 3 years.
SEBI and FINANCIAL AWARENESS
- AMFI nod to MFs to resume subscription to overseas funds
- The Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) clarified that AMCs (asset management companies) may resume subscriptions and make investments in overseas funds and securities up to the headroom available without breaching the overseas investment limit utilised by individual mutual funds and AMCs as on February 1, 2022.
- PVR, Inox get SEBI nod for merger to create India's largest multiplex chain
- Multiplex operators PVR and Inox have approval from the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for their merger, clearing an important step in the regulatory process.
- The two companies had announced a merger to create India’s largest multiplex chain with a network of more than 1,500 screens.
- International Yoga Day 2022
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi performed Yoga along with thousands of participants at a mass demonstration in the backdrop of the iconic Mysuru Palace on June 21 on the occasion of 8th International Yoga Day.
- G Kishan Reddy and Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw flag off the Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train
- Union Minister G Kishan Reddy along with Railways Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw flagged off the Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train from Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station.
- The train carrying 500 Indian tourists on board will arrive at Janakpur Dham station.
- Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh inaugurates seismological observatory at Udhampur
- Union Minister of State for Science and Technology Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated newly installed Seismological Observatory Centre in Udhampur of Jammu and Kashmir.
- It is the latest, upgraded and world-class ‘Earthquake Observatory’ under the aegis of ‘National Centre of Seismology’.
- Skill India organizes Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela in 10 districts of Odisha
- To improve job opportunities and provide practical training, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) organized the Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela across 10 districts in Odisha.
- Opportunities for apprenticeship training in more than 500+ trades across 36 sectors were offered to the participants.
REPORTS AND INDEXES
- In five years, 39% mobile users in India will use 5G: Ericsson report
- Swedish telecom gear maker Ericsson released a mobility report.
- Ericsson expects 500 million 5G mobile phone users in India by 2027, accounting for 39 per cent of total customer base.
- MoU signed between Directorate General of Shipping and Indian Navy for transition of Indian Navy Personnel to Merchant Navy
- The Directorate General of Shipping under Ministry of Ports Shipping and Waterways has issued DGS Order detailing 16 transition schemes for Indian Navy Personnel to Merchant Navy.
- To implement these schemes, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed by Vice Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi, AVSM, NM, Chief of Personnel on behalf of Indian Navy and Amitabh Kumar, Director General of Shipping, on behalf of Directorate General of Shipping, Ministry of Ports Shipping and Waterways, Govt. of India.
- 12th Joint Working Group (JWG) on Border Management between India and Nepal held
- The 12th India-Nepal Joint Working Group (JWG), which discusses several issues related to Border Management and security matters, was held in New Delhi on 15-16 June.
- The Indian Delegation was led by Joint Secretary (Border Management) in the Ministry of Home Affairs and the Nepali side was led by the Joint Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs, Nepal, during the two-day talks.
- Jyotirgamaya-A festival showcasing the talent of unsung performers inaugurated
- As part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, to celebrate and commemorate 75 years of India’s independence and on the occasion of World Music Day, Sangeet Natak Akademi has organised Jyotirgamaya- a unique festival to showcase the talent of rare musical instruments from across the country, including street performers, train entertainers, performers attached to temples, etc.
- Union Minister for Culture, Tourism and DoNER , Shri G. Kishan Reddy inaugurated the festival.
- FINA World Championships: Italian Swimmer Thomas Ceccon Breaks World Record
- Italian swimmer Thomas Ceccon set a new world record of 51.60 seconds in the men’s 100m backstroke on the third day of the 19th FINA World Championships in Budapest.
- The previous world record holder American Ryan Murphy, who swam then world’s best 51.75 at the 2016 Rio Olympics, won the silver in 51.97 and his compatriot Hunter Armstrong took bronze in 51.98.
- Lisa Sthalekar Becomes First Woman President Of FICA
- Legendary Australian cricketer Lisa Sthalekar has become the first woman to be appointed as president of the Federation of International Cricketers’ Association (FICA).
- The 42-year-old former Australia captain was confirmed in the role at the FICA Executive Committee meeting held in Nyon, Switzerland.