RBI, Banking and Economy
- Rs 5,000 crore credit line for Cidco’s PMAY housing
- State Bank of India has provided line of credit of Rs 5,000 crore to the PMAY mega housing scheme being developed by Cidco, thus achieving financial closure.
- This will speed up the construction of houses under the scheme and make the dream of affordable housing come true of many common citizens.
- 32% govt stake in Vodafone Idea before 5G auctions
- Prior to the 5G auction, which starts from July 26, the government will convert its debt into equity in Vodafone Idea.
- After the equity conversion, the government will hold a 32% stake in Vodafone Idea and the promoter stake will dilute to around 50% from the current 75%.
- Use of ICT in school education in India receives UNESCO’s recognition
- Use of ICT under a comprehensive initiative called PM eVIDYA by the Department of School education, Ministry of Education, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic wins UNESCO’s recognition.
- Sara Duterte sworn in as Philippines vice president
- Sara Duterte has been sworn in as Philippines’ 15th vice president.
- President-elect Ferdinand Marcos Jr will take his oath in Manila on June 30.
- US to donate 2.2 mn pediatric vaccines to Nepalz
- The US has pledged to donate 2.2 million doses of pediatric vaccines to Nepal to help it combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The donation coincides with the celebrations of 75 years of diplomatic relations between the United States and Nepal.
REPORTS AND INDEXES
- Nearly 5 mn in India displaced due to climate change, disasters in 2021: UNHCR
- The annual Global Trends Report was released by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
- According to the report, nearly five million people in India were internally displaced due to climate change and disasters in 2021.
- Op SANKALP : 3RD YEAR OF INDIAN NAVY’S MARITIME SECURITY OPERATIONS
- Indian Navy’s stealth Frigate, INS Talwar is presently deployed for Op Sankalp commemorating the 3rd continuous year of Indian Navy’s presence in the Gulf for protection of India’s Maritime Interests.
- This operation is being progressed in close coordination with all stakeholders including Ministry of Defence, Ministry of External Affairs, Ministry of Shipping, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas and DG, Shipping.
- PM flags off first ever torch relay for Chess Olympiad
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the first ever-torch relay for the Chess Olympiad ahead of the 44th edition of the event.
- The olympiad will take place in Mahabalipuram between 28 July and 10 August.
- The International Chess Federation (FIDE) has for the very first time instituted the torch relay.