RBI, Banking and Economy
- RBI’s Payments Vision 2025
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), in a document for payments systems, titled “Payments Vision 2025”, outlined its vision on the architecture of digital finance.
- The Payments Vision 2025 has the core theme of E-payments for everyone, everywhere, every time (4Es) and aims to provide every user with safe, secure, fast, convenient, accessible and affordable e-payment options.
- TVS owned Norton Motorcycles plans electric range production in UK
- Norton Motorcycles plans to develop and build an electric motorcycle in the UK as part of a 30-month project co-funded by a government program.
- The iconic British motorcycle maker, now owned by India’s TVS Motor Co., will work with six UK partners including Delta Cosworth, HiSpeed Ltd. as well as the University of Warwick to develop the product.
- Active mobile subscribers fall in April after five months
- According to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India data, the number of active mobile phone users declined by 7.5 million in April on a month on month basis.
- The fall in active subscribers was the first after four consecutive months of growth.
- India has supported an initiative by China
- India has supported an initiative by China to conduct a “joint border operation” in 2023 of all member countries of SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organisation) that includes Russia, Pakistan and Central Asian countries.
- The border operation called ‘Solidarity-2023’ will be organised by China.
- New species of bamboo-dwelling bat found in Meghalaya
- Scientists have discovered a new species of bamboo-dwelling bat in Ri Bhoi district of Meghalaya.
- The species, found near the Nongkhyllem Wildlife Sanctuary, has been named Glischropus meghalayanus.
- The newly discovered species is small in size and has a dark brown colour with sulphur yellow belly.
- Maternal nutrition scheme in Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a scheme on maternal nutrition,“Mukhyamantri Matrushakti Yojana”, in Gujarat on 19 June 2022, at an outlay of ₹800 crore.
- Pregnant and lactating mothers will be given 2 kg of chickpeas, 1 kg of tur dal and 1 kg of edible oil free of cost every month from anganwadi centres.
- MoU Signed between Indian Navy and NCMRWF
- National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting (NCMRWF), Ministry of Earth Sciences, signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Navy, Ministry of Defence for ‘Cooperation on Numerical Model Based Applications in Meteorology and Oceanology’.
- Xi to host BRICS virtual summit
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will join Russian President Vladimir Putin as well as Brazil’s Jair Bolsonaro and South Africa’s Cyril Ramaphosa in the virtual meet.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping will host a virtual summit of the leaders of the BRICS countries on June 23.
- International Literature Festival
- The Ministry of Culture, Government of India, and Sahitya Akademi are organizing Unmesha, an International Literature Festival in Shimla from 16th to 18th June 2022 as part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations, with the support of Department of Art and Culture, Government of Himachal Pradesh.
- Kuortane Games in Kuortane, Finland
- Olympic champion Neeraj Chopra won the javelin gold with his opening throw of 86.69m at the Kuortane Games in Kuortane, Finland.
- It was Neeraj’s first gold this year.
- Sandeep Chaudhary was eighth and last (60.35m).