RBI, Banking and Economy
- YES Bank, JC Flowers in pact for ARC in bid to seal largest ever NPA deal
- Yes Bank has selected JC Flowers ARC as partner to form an asset reconstruction company to sell bad loans of the bank valuing Rs 48,000 crore.
- Airtel completes country's first 5G private network trial at Bosch unit
- Bharti Airtel has completed a successful trial of the country’s first 5G private network at Bosch Automotive Electronics’ facility at Bengaluru.
- Google buys 1.2% stake in Bharti Airtel for $700 million
- Bharti Airtel approved allotment of 71 million shares to tech major Google at an issue price of Rs 734 per share.
- Google will hold 1.2% of total post-issue equity shares of the company.
NABARD & AGRICULTURE
- e-NAM platform linked to private agri-services providers
- The government announced integration of trading, transportation, logistics, warehousing, assaying, packaging, weather forecast and fintech services provided by 41 private entities with its electronic National Agriculture Market (e-NAM).
- Department of Consumer Affairs launches ‘Jagriti’, a mascot
- The Department of Consumer Affairs (DoCA) has launched “Jagriti”, a mascot for empowering consumers and generating awareness of their rights.
- Jagriti will be projected as an empowered consumer who is spreading awareness about consumer rights & addressing solutions to the problems faced by the consumers.
- KVIC launches Knowledge Portal for Khadi by the Center of Excellence for Khadi
- The Knowledge Portal for Khadi is a platform developed by the Center of Excellence for Khadi to provide design directions to the Khadi institutions.
- The portal was inaugurated on 14th July 2022.
- Doordarshan's Mega Show 'Swaraj: Bharat Ke Swatantrata Sangram Ki Samagra Gatha'
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur launched the promo of a new serial 'Swaraj: Bharat Ke Swatantrata Sangram Ki Samagra Gatha' in New Delhi.
- This serial is to be telecast on Doordarshan from 14th August 2022.
- Iran, Belarus to be SCO members
- Iran and Belarus are likely to be the two newest additions to the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO).
- India will host the SCO summit next year.
- Kerala Becomes First State to have Its Own Internet Service K-Fon
- Kerala is now the first and only state in the country to have its own internet service.
- The K-Fon network will function as a strong foundation for all government-to-government, government-to-citizens and business-to-citizens interactions.
- Uttarakhand CM launches Uttarakhand Police, e-FIR mobile apps
- Uttarakhand Chief minister Pushkar Singh Dhami launched the Uttarakhand police app and e-FIR service.
- The police app is an integrated version of five online services such as Gaura Shakti, traffic eye, public eye, Meri Yatra and Lakshya Nasha Mukt Uttarakhand, provided by the State police.
REPORTS AND INDEXES
- National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2022
- The Ministry of Education’s National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2022 was launched recently. This is the seventh consecutive edition of NIRF.
- A total of 4,786 institutions were evaluated on five parameters — teaching, learning and resources (TLR); research and professional practice; graduation outcome; outreach; and inclusivity and perception.
- According to the report The Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT-M), is yet again the top higher educational institute in the country.
- Life insurance industry in India to grow at 10.3% annually till 2026: GlobalData
- GlobalData, a leading data, and analytics company forecasts that the life insurance industry in India is set to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.3% from Rs 7.0 trillion ($92.3 billion) in 2021 to Rs 11.4 trillion ($150.6 billion) in 2026, in terms of gross written premiums.
- Zouhaier Sghaier Ranking Series wrestling tournament
- Olympics bronze medallist Sakshi Malik won a bronze medal in the women’s 62kg category at the Zouhaier Sghaier Ranking Series wrestling tournament in Tunis, Tunisia.
- Murali Sreeshankar becomes 1st Indian male long jumper to qualify for finals
- Murali Sreeshankar became the first Indian male long jumper to qualify for World Athletics Championships finals.
- Anju Bobby George was the first Indian to make it to the World Championships long jump finals and first to win a medal -- bronze in 2003 edition in Paris.