Daily Beepedia 15th July 2022

(General Awareness Digest for Regulatory Body Exams)

RBI, Banking and Economy

  • OneCard is India's 104th unicorn
    • OneCard, a mobile-first credit card firm, became the 104th unicorn in India after it raised $100 million in a series D round of funding led by Temasek.
  • Israel sells Haifa Port to Adani Ports & Israel's Gadot Group
    • Israel will sell Haifa Port, a major trade hub on its Mediterranean coast, to winning bidders Adani Ports of India and local chemicals and logistics group Gadot for 4.1 billion shekels ($1.18 billion).
    • Adani will have a majority 70% stake and Gadot will hold the remaining 30%.
  • Trade deficit widens to record $26.18 billion
    • Trade deficit in June, is widened to a record high of $26.18 billion amid a rise in imports of items, such as crude oil, gold and coal.
    • Imports jumped 57.55 per cent to a record $66.31 billion.
    • Exports grew 23.52 per cent year-on-year to $40.13 billion in June.

NATIONAL

  • Beti Bachao Beti Padhao to be extended to all districts
    • Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, the Centre’s flagship programme for women’s empowerment, which focuses on education of girl child and improving sex ratio, will now be extended across the country.
    • The programme is operational in 405 districts at present.

INTERNATIONAL

  • U.S., Israel sign joint pledge to deny Iran nuclear weaponry
    • U.S. President Joe Biden and Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid signed a joint pledge to deny Iran nuclear arms.
    • The United States stresses that integral to this pledge is the commitment never to allow Iran to acquire a nuclear weapon, and that it is prepared to use all elements of its national power to ensure that outcome.
  • Italy's president refuses PM Draghi's resignation
    • Italian President Sergio Mattarella rejected a resignation offer of Prime Minister Mario Draghi.
    • Draghi decided to formally resign after the second largest force in his coalition -- the Five Star Movement (M5S) -- boycotted a confidence vote on the government's relief bill to combat soaring prices in the Senate.

STATES

  • Kerala reports India’s first monkeypox case
    • India's first monkeypox case was reported in Kollam, Kerala on July 14, 2022.
    • The monkeypox case has been reported in a 35-year-old man who arrived in Kerala on July 12th from the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
  • India’s first e-waste eco park to come up in Delhi
    • India’s first e-waste eco park will be developed in Holambi Kalan in Delhi in an area of about 21 acres.
    • ‘e-waste eco park’ refers to the establishment of a place where this e-waste is dismantled, refurbished, recycled, and manufactured in a manner that is scientifically and environmentally sound.

REPORTS AND INDEXES

  • "World's 50 Greatest Places of 2022" by Time Magazine
    • India’s first UNESCO World Heritage City, Ahmedabad has been included in the list of the "World's 50 Greatest Places of 2022" by Time Magazine.
    • Ahmedabad and Kerala have been featured on TIME Magazine's List of World's Greatest Places of 2022.
  • India's Economic Outlook - July 2022 Report
    • Leading consultancy Deloitte India has released India's Economic Outlook - July 2022 Report.
    • According to it, the Indian economy is projected to grow 7.1–7.6 per cent in 2022–23 and 6–6.7 per cent in 2023–24.
  • Global Ad Spends Forecasts: Dentsu International
    • The Dentsu International released a report titled, “Global Ad Spends Forecasts”.
    • According to it, the Indian advertising market will remain the fastest-growing in the world over the next two years.

SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

  • Samsung develops the world’s fastest graphics DRAM chip
    • South Korean tech giant Samsung has developed a new graphics dynamic random-access memory (DRAM) chip.
    • It is the world’s fastest graphic DRAM chip to ever exist with faster speed and improved efficiency than any previous chips.

DEFENCE

  • CURTAIN RAISER LAUNCH OF Y - 3023 (DUNAGIRI)
    • Dunagiri, a Project 17A frigate, will be launched into the Hooghly river at Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited, Kolkata on 15 Jul 22.
    • Christened after a mountain range in the state of Uttarakhand, ‘Dunagiri’ is the fourth ship of P17A Frigates.

EVENTS

  • 22nd Bharat Rang Mahotsav, 2022
    • National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi is organizing a festival "Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav - 22nd Bharat Rang Mahotsav, 2022 (Azadi Segment)" to remember and pay tribute to our freedom fighters, under "Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav 2022".

Courses for you


Recommended Previous Year Question Papers

Recommended Free Mock Tests

General Awareness Daily Quiz

5 minute short Quiz

Attempt Free
General Awareness Daily Quiz

General Awareness SEBI Daily Quiz

5 minute short Quiz

Attempt Free
General Awareness Daily Quiz

Quick links