RBI, Banking and Economy
- Gujarat, Karnataka ‘best performers’ in building startup ecosystem
- Gujarat and Karnataka emerged as the “best performers” in developing their start-up ecosystem for budding entrepreneurs in 2021, according to the ranking of states and Union territories released by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
- The ranking is based on seven broad reform areas comprising 26 actions points, including institutional support, fostering innovation, easing compliances, access to market, incubation and funding support.
SEBI and FINANCIAL AWARENESS
- SEBI asks bourses, depositories to launch online complaint redressal system
- SEBI has recently asked stock exchanges and depositories to launch an online complaints redressal system of their own within six months to enable investors to lodge their complaints and track the status of redressal of such grievances.
NABARD & Agriculture
- India to be self-sufficient in urea by 2025 end
- India will not need to import urea by 2025-end as the domestic production of conventional urea and nano liquid urea is expected to be sufficient to meet the country’s annual demand, Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilisers Mansukh Mandaviya said recently.
- PM Modi to inaugurate, lay foundation stone of initiatives worth Rs 1800 crores
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate and lay the foundation stone of multiple development initiatives worth over Rs 1800 crores in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh on July 7, 2022.
- PM Modi will lay the foundation stone for schemes worth over Rs 1200 crore and inaugurate 33 projects worth Rs 600 crore.
- Hotels, Restaurants barred from levying service charges
- The latest guidelines issued by The Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) stipulate that the hotels or the restaurants shall not add the service charge automatically or by default to the food bill.
- New Zealand men, women cricketers to receive same pay
- New Zealand's professional men's and women's cricketers will be paid the same amount of pay in a ground-breaking new five-year deal.
- This would include all players playing in top-tier domestic matches.
- U.P. asks Russian actors to perform Ramleela
- After a gap of two years, the Government of Uttar Pradesh has invited a Russian troupe from Moscow to perform in this year’s Ramleela celebrations in Ayodhya.
- The performance of Ramleela by the Russian actors will take place during October 22-28.
REPORTS AND INDEXES
- State Ranking Index for NFSA
- Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Textiles and Commerce and Industry, Shri Piyush Goyal released the 1st edition of ‘State Ranking Index for NFSA’ during the conference of Food Ministers of States/UTs on ‘Food Nutrition and Security in India’ organized by Department of Food and Public Distribution.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- NASA satellite on its way to the Moon
- A NASA satellite The Capstone, the size of a microwave oven, successfully broke free from its orbit around Earth on July 4, 2022 and is headed towards the moon.
- The Capstone satellite is a part of NASA's plan to experiment with a new orbit around the Moon to pave way to land astronauts on the lunar surface once again.
- Indian Navy’s INS Satpura and P8I Participate in the RIMPAC Harbour Phase
- Indian Navy's indigenous Frigate INS Satpura and P8I LRMRASW aircraft are at Pearl Harbour in Hawaii taking part in one of the largest multilateral Naval Exercises, the Rim of the Pacific exercise, also known as RIMPAC.
AWARDS AND REWARDS
- Fields Medal
- Four mathematicians have been awarded the prestigious Fields Medals including Ukraine's Maryna Viazovska at a ceremony in Helsinki, Finland.
- This was informed by the International Mathematical Union jury on July 5, 2022.
- Dr. Jitendra Singh announces setting up of Dr. Rajendra Prasad Memorial Award in public administration in the field of academic excellence
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology Dr Jitendra Singh announced the setting up of Dr. Rajendra Prasad Memorial Award in public administration in the field of academic excellence, in memory of the first President of India.
- Prannoy regains his place in top 20
- Indian shuttler H.S. Prannoy regained his place in the world's top 20, riding on his consistent show in the international circuit this season.
- The 29-year-old from Kerala, who had played a pivotal role in India's monumental Thomas Cup win in May, improved two places to 19 in the men's singles rankings.
- The Elorda Cup
- The reigning Indian Youth World champions Alfiya Pathan and Gitika won gold medals after sensational performances in the Elorda Cup in Kazakhstan's capital Nur-Sultan on July 4, 2022.
- Gitika won over Indian boxer Kalaivani in the all-Indian women's 48kg final.
- India's other two female boxers Kalaivani Srinivasan and Jamuna Boro settled for silver after losing their respective finals.