RBI, Banking and Economy
- Coal India registers record 160 MT output in April-June this fiscal
- State-owned Coal India said its coal production increased 29 per cent year-on-year to a record 8 million tonne (MT) in April-June this fiscal.
- It had produced 124 MT coal in the year-ago period.
- IRDAI and NHA to develop National Health Claims Exchange to settle claims
- IRDAI and National Health Authority (NHA) will develop a National Health Claims Exchange as a digital platform to settle health claims.
- HDFC and HDFC Bank merger proposal gets nod from stock exchanges
- The proposal of merger of HDFC with its banking subsidiary HDFC Bank, the biggest transaction in India's corporate history, has got approval from stock exchanges.
- Both HDFC and HDFC Bank have got no-objection from both stock exchanges.
- Delhi govt adds Jagannath Puri Yatra under its free pilgrimage scheme
- The Delhi government will be sending elderly pilgrims for Jagannath Puri Yatra in Odisha under its free pilgrimage scheme.
REPORTS AND INDEXES
- Net leasing of office space down 26% in 7 cities in April-June: JLL India
- Net leasing of office space fell 26 per cent during April-June across seven major cities to 8.5 million square feet as compared to the previous quarter due to lower supply, according to real estate consultant JLL India.
- INDIA’S PARTICIPATION IN SEYCHELLES INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATIONS
- The Indian Navy contingent joined the Seychelles Defence Force (SDF) of Republic of Seychelles for the Independence Day celebrations on 29 June 2022.
- INS Kolkata, an indigenously built Stealth Guided Missile Destroyer of the Indian Navy, was deployed to Port Victoria, Seychelles to coincide with the Independence Day of Seychelles on 29 June 22.
- India-EU FTA talks
- India and the European Union (EU) concluded the first round of talks for their proposed free trade agreement (FTA) and the next round of talks is scheduled at Brussels in September.
- The trade agreement with the EU would help India further expand and diversify its exports of goods and services, including securing the value chains.
- Axelsen won Malaysia Open title
- The 2022 Malaysia Open was badminton tournament that took place at the Axiata Arena, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and had a total prize of US$675,000.
- World number one men’s singles shuttler Viktor Axelsen won his first Malaysia Open Badminton Championship title in men’s category defeating Japan’s Kento Momota.
- Parul Chaudhary sets new 3000m national record
- Indian runner Parul Chaudhary smashed the national record at the Sound Running meet in Los Angeles as she became the first athlete from the country to clock a sub-nine minute time in the women's 3000m event.
- Sainz wins British GP
- Carlos Sainz won British Grand Prix at Silverstone Circuit in
- Pérez of Red Bull was second and L. Hamilton of Mercedes was third.