RBI, Banking and Economy
- GST collection in June was Rs 1.45 trillion
- Collections from the the goods and services tax (GST) grew 56 per cent year-on-year to Rs 1.45 trillion in June -- the second-highest ever.
- The collections of this June have only been surpassed once – in April 2022, when the tax was a record Rs 1.67 trillion.
- Govt revamps Banks Board into Financial Services Institutions Bureau
- The government has transformed Banks Board Bureau (BBB), the headhunter for directors of state-owned banks and financial institutions, into Financial Services Institutions Bureau (FSIB) by making some amendments.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by the Prime Minister has approved the establishment of FSIB.
- Singapore’s IGSS Ventures to set up semiconductor manufacturing unit in Tamil Nadu
- IGSS venture, a Singapore-based firm, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Tamil Nadu Industrial Guidance and Export Promotion Bureau to set up the State’s first semiconductor park at an investment of Rs 25,600 crore over the next five years.
SEBI and FINANCIAL AWARENESS
- SEBI imposes fine of Rs 36 lakh on PGIM Asset Management and its CEO
- Capital markets regulator SEBI has imposed a penalty totalling Rs 36 lakh on five entities — including PGIM Asset Management Company and its chief executive officer Ajit Menon — for flouting mutual funds norms while executing Inter-Scheme Transfers (ISTs).
NABARD & AGRICULTURE
- India’s marine product exports record an all-time high in FY 2021-22
- India shipped 13,69,264 MT of seafood worth Rs 57,586.48 crore (USD 7.76 billion) during 2021-22.
- During the FY 2021-22, the export improved in rupee term by 31.71%, in USD terms by 30.26% and in quantity terms by 19.12%.
- Single-use plastic ban comes into effect
- The ban on single-use plastic came into effect on 1 July.
- The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change notified the Plastic Waste Management Amendment Rules, 2021, in August last year.
- Jagannath Rath Yatra 2022
- The Jagannath Rath Yatra is one of the biggest and most prominent Hindu festivals.
- The nine-day annual festival will start on July 1 and end with Bhauda Yatra on July 9.
REPORTS AND INDEXES
- Knight Frank India's Affordability Index for H1 2022
- Knight Frank India released proprietary study Affordability Index for H1 2022.
- Of the top eight cities in the country, Ahmedabad was the most affordable for home buyers in the first half of calendar year 2022. In terms of the home purchase affordability index, Ahmedabad improved from 46 per cent in 2010 to 25 per cent in 2019 and to 22 per cent in H1 of 2022.
- DRDO holds first flight of unmanned aircraft
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) carry out the maiden flight test of the autonomous flying wing technology demonstrator in Karnataka.
- The test, carried out from the Aeronautical Test Range in Chitradurga, is being seen as an important milestone in the development of unmanned aircraft.
- Chennai Open WTA 250 to be held from September 12-18
- Chennai will host the first ever Open WTA 250 international women's tennis championship from September 12 to 18.
- The event to be held at the SDAT tennis stadium, Nungambakkam, will see the participation of leading women players from among the top 100 in the world.
- Jos Buttler named England men's new white-ball captain
- Jos Buttler has been appointed England’s new limited-overs captain following the retirement of Eoin Morgan.
- The 31-year-old, who had been Morgan’s deputy since 2015, has played 151 One-day Internationals and 88 Twenty20s for England after making his international debut in 2011.