FINANCE AND BANKING
- RBI nod to Jammu & Kashmir govt to acquire over 16.76 crore shares in J&K Bank
- The Reserve Bank has accorded approval to Jammu & Kashmir government to acquire over 16.76 crore shares in J&K Bank on preferential basis.
- Phone Pe Received Approval from RBI to Operate as an Account Aggregator
- PhonePe Account Aggregator Pvt Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the PhonePe Group, received in-principal approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to operate as an Account Aggregator (AA) to share financial information.
- Axis Bank raises USD 600 million via AT1 bonds
- Axis Bank has raised USD 600 million (around Rs 4,380 crore) through the sale of sustainability-focused AT1 bonds.
- Indian Oil lists foreign currency bonds on IFSC exchanges
- Indian Oil listed has listed its foreign currency bonds on IFSC (International Financial Services Centre) exchanges at Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT).
- These bonds were listed on the global securities market platform of India International Exchange (India INX) and debt securities market platform of NSE International Exchange (NSE IFSC).
- BRICS bank NDB admits UAE, Uruguay, Bangladesh as new members
- The New Development Bank (NDB) set up by the BRICS group of nations has admitted the United Arab Emirates, Uruguay and Bangladesh as the first batch of new members as part of its expansion drive.
- NDB has initiated its membership expansion and started formal negotiations with prospective members in late 2020.
- ADB clears $150 million loan for urban poor housing project in Tamil Nadu
- Asian Development Bank has approved a USD 150 million (about Rs 1,095 crore) loan for a sustainable housing project for the urban poor in Tamil Nadu.
- Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launches My Pad My Right project in Tripura
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched the ‘My Pad My Right’ (MPMR) project.
- The project is an initiative of NABARD and its NAB Foundation to provide better livelihood and menstrual hygiene to women in rural areas through grants, wage support and capital equipment.
- Ayush Minister Sonowal Launches Y-Break Yoga Protocol Mobile App For Working Professionals
- Union Minister of Ayush Sarbananda Sonowal launched a mobile application with a five-minute Yoga protocol specially designed for working professionals. This mobile application is designed for working professionals to de-stress, refresh and re-focus at their workplace to increase their productivity; consists of Asanas, Pranayam and Dhyana.
- Ladakh's Dorje Angchuk inducted as Honorary Member of IAU
- Ladakh's Dorje Angchuk, the chief engineer at India’s northernmost astronomical observatory has become the first and only Indian to get inducted as an Honorary Member of the International Astronomical Union (IAU).
- Sri Lanka declares food emergency as forex crisis worsens
- Sri Lanka declared a state of emergency over food shortages as private banks ran out of foreign exchange to finance imports.
- Japan’s Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga to Step Down
- Japan’s Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga will step down. He has said he will not run for re-election as party leader.
- Mr Suga had been appointed to the role just a year ago following the resignation of Shinzo Abe.
- Assam cabinet decides to remove Rajiv Gandhi’s name from Orang national park
- The Assam cabinet decided to remove the name of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi from the Orang National Park.
- Maharashtra to set up science city named after Rajiv Gandhi in Pune
- The Maharashtra government has decided to set up a world-class science city near Pune, under a Central scheme to inculcate the scientific spirit among students and prepare future scientists.
- Ladakh announces snow leopard as state animal, black-necked crane as state bird
- The Ladakh Union Territory administration announced snow leopard (Panther unica) as its state animal and black-necked crane (Grus nicricollis) as its state bird.
REPORTS AND INDEXES
- Half of World Population, 4.1 billion don't have Social Security says World Social Protection Report 2020-22 by ILO
- International Labour Organization (ILO) has come up with its flagship report on social protection named 'World Social Protection Report 2020-22: Social protection at the crossroads - in pursuit of a better future'.
- AMUL Ranks 18th and France's 'Lactalis' Tops in Rabobank 2021 Global Dairy Report
- Dutch multinational banking and financial services company Rabobank has come up with 2021's Global Dairy Top 20 report.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- IIT Ropar startup claims developing world’s first plant-based smart air-purifier
- A startup company of IIT Ropar has claimed that it has developed the world’s first, state-of-the-art ‘Smart Bio-Filter’ that can make breathing fresh.
AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
- Department of Animal husbandry & Dairying (DAHD) & Department of Rural Development (DoRD) sign an MoU
- Department of Animal husbandry and Dairying and Department of Rural Development signed an MoU for Leveraging SHG platform for rural economic growth through convergence of Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying (DAHD), MoFAHD and National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM), MoRD.
- ‘Food Processing Week’ organized by Ministry of Food Processing Industries, under the 'Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav'
- The Ministry of Food Processing Industries is celebrating ‘Food Processing Week’ from 6th to 12th September, 2021.
- It is being observed as a part of the celebration of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ to commemorate 75 years of India's independence.
- NITI Aayog and Gujarat University Sign SoI to Promote Cooperation in Agriculture
- A Statement of Intent (SoI) was signed between NITI Aayog and Gujarat University.
- The SoI focuses on technical collaboration between the two institutions to strengthen knowledge-sharing and policy development in India.
- India, Singapore Conduct 3-Day Naval Exercise Near South China Sea
- India and Singapore have carried out a major naval wargame in the southern fringes of the South China Sea, in reflection of their growing congruence of interests in the strategically key region.
- Indian Army contingent to participate in Exercise ZAPAD 2021
- A 200 member contingent of Indian Army will participate in Exercise ZAPAD 2021, a Multi Nation exercise being held at Nizhniy in Russia from 3-16 September.
- India, Australia begin 5-day naval exercise to secure Indo-Pacific region
- India and Australia began a five-day mega naval wargame with an aim to strengthen joint capabilities in support of a stable and secure Indo-Pacific region.
- This is the 4th edition of the AUSINDEX Exercise taking place in the North Australian exercise area from Sep 6-10.
- FM Sitharaman chairs 24th Financial Stability and Development Council meet
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman chaired the 24th meeting of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- The meeting was held to discuss the state of the financial sector and a strategy to support the nascent recovery of the pandemic-hit economy.
- IAF chief attends three day-long Pacific Air Chiefs Symposium 2021 in Hawaii
- Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria attended a three day-long Pacific Air Chiefs Symposium 2021 in Hawaii of the US.
- The event themed ''Enduring Cooperation towards Regional Stability'' was attended by air chiefs from countries in the Indo-Pacific region.
- India to host International Climate Summit 2021
- India will host a key conference as part of the International climate Summit 2021: Powering India's Hydrogen Ecosystem (ICS) 2020-21.
- It’s aim is to build a dialogue for India's transition to clean energy.
AWARDS AND REWARDS
- POWERGRID wins the Prestigious global ATD Best Award
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID) was awarded the Association for Talent Development (ATD) 2021 BEST Award.
- POWERGRID has secured 8th rank among 71 organisations from around the globe and became the only PSU to win this award and one of the only two companies of India to be in the Top 20.
- Dr Basant Kumar Misra, Neurosurgeon, Receives Prestigious AANS Award
- Dr Basant Kumar Misra, a Bhubaneswar-born neurosurgeon has received the prestigious International Lifetime Achievement Award in Neurosurgery.
- He is the first Indian to be honoured with the award conferred by the American Association of Neurological Surgeons.
- Ramon Magsaysay Award 2021
- Ramon Magsaysay Award 2021 has been announced.
- The Awards, established in honor of the late former president Ramon Magsaysay, is Asia's premier prize and highest honor being given to individuals and groups who have impacted the Asian region and the world. It is considered as Asia's equivalent of the Nobel Prize.
- Mirabai Chanu To Be Face Of Adidas 'Stay In Play' Campaign
- German footwear and accessories major Adidas has roped in Tokyo Olympic Silver-medalist Mirabai Chanu as the face of its ''Stay in Play'' campaign.
- Dale Steyn announces retirement from all forms of cricket
- South African fast bowler Dale Steyn announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.
- The 38-year-old brought an end to a 17-year career, which saw him play in 93 Tests, 125 ODIs and 47 T20Is for the Proteas.
- Cyrus Poncha elected Asian Squash Federation vice-president
- The Squash Rackets Federation of India (SRFI) secretary-general Cyrus Poncha was elected vice-president of the Asian Squash Federation for a four-year term.