Railway Protection Force Sub-Inspectors Exam Pattern
The Exam for RPF SI Recruitment will be conducted through a nationwide examination, in three stage process i.e. Phase I (On-Line screening examination for 120 marks), Phase II (Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Measurement (PMT) and Phase III (Document Verification). Time duration for the exam is 90 minutes. Every section (except English Language) in the paper will be available in Hindi as well as in English. Candidates qualifying in the physical test will have to produce a medical certificate.
The Exam Pattern for Railway Protection Force Sub-Inspectors Exam is as follows:-
Phase I- Computer Based Test (CBT)
|Sr. No.||Name of the Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|1.||General Awareness||50||50||1 hour 30 minutes|
|3.||General Intelligence & reasoning||35||35|
Phase II- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Measurement (PMT)
Based on the merit of the candidates in the CBT, candidates will be called for PET and PMT to the extent of 10 times the category wise total vacancy in Group of Zonal Railways/RPSF notified. However, this limit may be increased/decreased as required ensuring availability of adequate candidates for all the notified posts. Passing Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature. No marks are to be awarded. The criteria for PET is as under:
|Category||1600 meters run||800 meters run||Long jump||High jump|
|Sub-Inspector ( Exe) Male||6 min 30 secs||-||12 ft||3 ft 9 inch|
|Sub-Inspector ( Exe) Female||-||4 mins||9 ft||3 ft|
Phase III- Document Verification
- Based on the performance of candidates in the CBT and subject to their qualifying in PET & PMT, candidates will be called for Document Verification.
- In cases of two or more candidates securing same marks, their merit position shall be determined by age criteria i.e. older person shall be given higher seniority.
- Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of educational and category certificates, verification of character and antecedents of the candidates from the local Administration and successful completion of initial training.
- Candidates may please note that CRC only recommends names of the empanelled candidates and appointment is offered ONLY by the respective Railway Administration.
- Candidates who do not appear for Document Verification will not be considered in the final selection, irrespective of their performance in written examination and PET/PMT.