Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
Important Exams Links
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Notification 2020
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Exam Pattern 2020
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Syllabus 2020
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Calendar 2020
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Additional Information 2020
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Free Mock Test 2020
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Admit Card 2020
MAT Exam Highlights
Management Aptitude Test, popularly known as MAT is an all India level test which is conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA). This test is being conducted since the year 1988. MAT is conducted four times in a year through which AIMA selects eligible candidates for the MBA course in 600 Business Schools (B-Schools) of India. It is an excellent opportunity for the MBA aspirants who wish to get themselves an admission into one of the best Business Schools in the country.
MAT Exam Highlights
|Conducting Body||All India Management Association (AIMA)|
|Mode of Exam||Paper Based Test and Computer Based Test|
|Negative Marking||1/4th marks|
|Time Duration||150 minutes|
|Exam Pattern||5 Sections with 40 Questions in Each Section|
MAT Exam Notification
The Management Aptitude Test or MAT is held four times a year in the months of February, May, September & December. The test is conducted by AIMA and is based on a fixed pattern. The test is conducted in two modes: Paper-Based & Computer-Based. Candidates also have the choice of opting for both kinds of tests (PBT & CBT). Those who opt for both the tests will have to pay an additional fee and will have the benefit of choosing 2 more Management Institutes for sending their scores. Originally, the candidates can choose 5 Management Institutes.
MAT Exam Syllabus
The Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a golden opportunity for all the candidates who are interested in getting themselves admitted into one of the best Business Schools (B-Schools) of India. You need to be aware of the complete information related to the exam as it may help you with complete & full-proof exam preparation. To score good you need to perfect in all the subjects/sections to improve your score. The next upcoming MAT 2020 Entrance is set to be conducted in February and thus before you start your preparation, you need to note down the complete syllabus of MAT 2020 Exam. There will be five sections/ subjects in the MAT 2020 Entrance and you need to prepare all these subjects in a proper manner.
|Indian & Global Environment Section||Data Analysis and Sufficiency||Mathematical skills||Language Comprehension||Intelligence and Critical Reasoning|
|Current affairs||Table||Elementary Mathematics||Verbal Reasoning||Family tree|
|Business||Data Sufficiency; graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie)||Arithmetic||Syllogisms||Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments|
|World Records||Venn diagram||Number System||Fill In the Blanks||Multi-dimensional arrangements|
|Top officials of big companies||Sets||Ratio and Proportion||Contextual usage||Course of Action|
|Famous awards and Prizes||Mixtures and Allegation||Analogies||Puzzles|
|Books and Authors||Unitary Method||Different usage of same word||Visual reasoning|
|Punch line of companies||Time and Distance||Antonyms||Arrangement|
|History||Commercial Maths||Sentence completion||Series|
|International Organisation||Profit and Loss||Jumbled paragraphs||Numeric grid|
|Important Quotations||Interest||Foreign language words used in English||Pie Chart|
|Social issues||Geometry||Sentence correction||Blood Relations|
|Finance||Mensuration||Coding & Decoding|
|Major Corporate news||Algebra||Syllogisms|
|Automobiles||Permutation and Combinations||Statement Conclusions|
|Entertainment||Sequence and Series||Column graphs|
|Politics||Trigonometry||Graphs representing Area|
|Science||Heights and Distance|
MAT Exam Pattern
The Management Aptitude Test or MAT is conducted by AIMA in both online and offline mode. The choice is up to the candidates which of these modes they want to opt for. AIMA conducts a Paper Based Test & a Computer Based Test. Candidates also have an option for appearing in both the tests for which they need to pay an extra fee. Both these tests will be conducted on two different days.
|S. No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Duration|
|1||Language Comprehension||40||2 hours 30 minutes|
|3||Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40|
|4||Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40|
|5||Indian and Global Environment||40|
- There will be a total of 200 objective type questions from five sections: Language Comprehension, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Mathematical Skills, and Indian and Global Environment.
- Each section will have 40 questions.
- The total timing of the test will be 2 hours & 30 minutes (150 minutes).
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
- The obtained scores in the section of the Indian & Global Environment will not be taken into account to calculate the merit or percentile score in the MAT scorecard.
MAT Exam Dates
The Management Aptitude Test or MAT 2020 test will be conducted in two modes: Paper Based Test & Computer Based Test. Candidates can also go for both the tests which will be conducted on two different dates. Candidates who are eligible and interested to get admission in the MBA course should register themselves for the MAT 2020 Examination and avoid any kind of delay. The registration can be done only through online mode. Refer to the table for more details:
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Exam Calendar
|Registration Start Date||Febuary 2020|
|Registration End Date||April 2020|
|Admit card Release||April 2020 to May 2020|
|Result||To be notified|
MAT Exam Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates who are interested to appear for MAT 2020 Examination should possess certain eligibility criteria failing which the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the MAT Entrance. The All India Management Association or (AIMA) mentions a fixed eligibility criterion for the candidates willing to apply for MAT Entrance. Read on to know more:
MAT Exam Educational Criteria
The most important criteria on the basis of which the candidate will be eligible for the exam is the required educational qualification. All the candidates applying for the MAT Entrance should possess a fixed educational degree, failing which they will not be able to apply for the exam.
- A candidate willing to appear for MAT 2020 Entrance should be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognized board/University.
|MAT||A candidate willing to appear for MAT 2020 Entrance should be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognized board/University.|
MAT Exam Application Process
All the candidates interested in applying for MAT 2020 (Feb) Entrance should be aware of the complete application process. If you fail to apply correctly, you will not be able to appear for the examination. The application will have to be done online. You also need to fill in all the correct details in the application form. There are some simple steps for the same:
- Create your login first by visiting the AIMA website.
- Login using your email, password & date of birth. After entering all the details you will have to click on “submit”.
- You will be directed to the registration form and there you need to fill in all your details along with your choice of Management Colleges.
- The next step would be to upload your photograph & signature.
- The scanned photograph should be in jpeg /jpg format with size within 40 Kb - 150 Kb.
- The signature should also be in jpg/jpeg within the size of 10Kb - 150 Kb.
- Submit the online application fee through one of the online payment options given there.
- View your final registration form and you can download and keep the copy with you or take a print of the same.
MAT Exam Application Fee
The candidates applying for MAT 2020 Entrance should keep in mind that the application process will not be complete unless they submit the online application fee. The fee amount will be the same for both PBT & CBT. Candidates opting for both PBT & CBT will have to pay an additional fee. Refer to the table below for more details.
MAT Exam Centre
AIMA conducts the Management Aptitude Test four times in a year. The next MAT Entrance is scheduled to be held in September. There will be two tests: Paper-Based & Computer-Based. Both the exams will be held on two different days and in different cities. AIMA will allot different exam centres in various states & cities. All the candidates will have to reach to their allotted centres at their own risk & expenses.
MAT Exam Centre(PBT)
MAT Exam Centre(CBT)
MAT Exam Admit Card
AIMA will conduct the MAT 2020 Entrance in the month of February and the admit card for the same will be released a few days before the exam. All the candidates who will register for PBT/CBT or both will have to download their admit card from the official website of AIMA. The admit card will contain all details regarding the exam date, day, timings & centre. The admit card has to be produced along with a valid ID proof on the day of the MAT Entrance Exam. The admit card for Paper Based Test can be downloaded from the official website.
MAT Exam Free Mock Tests
Management Aptitude Test or as popularly called MAT is a great opportunity for the candidates willing to enrol themselves in a good business school to study MBA. It covers around 600 colleges and thus the opportunities are vast. To ensure that you do not miss this golden chance, you should be on your toes as far as the MAT exam preparation is concerned. To help you with the preparation ixamBee is providing free mock tests for MAT 2020. Practicing mock test regularly will help you in improving your speed as well as accuracy. Mock tests help in identifying the weaker & stronger areas which will further help in preparing for the exam in a proper manner.
MAT Exam Additional Information
The scores obtained by the candidates in the MAT Entrance will be accepted in various other colleges also except the ones mentioned in the list of B-Schools of AIMA. There might be other additional parameters and cut-off scores for the admission process.
- SEBI Grade A 2020
- LIC AAO
- SBI PO 2020
- SBI Clerk 2020
- IBPS CLERK
- RBI Assistant 2020
- NABARD GRADE A 2020
- RBI Grade B 2020
- Railway Recruitment (ALP/TECH.)
- IBPS RRB Group 'A' Officers (Scale-I) 2020
- IBPS PO
- SSC CGL 2020
- Rajasthan Police Constable Recruitment
- IBPS RRB Group 'B' Office Assistant 2020
- IBPS SO
- SSC CHSL
- South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk
- Syndicate Bank PO Recruitment
- Canara Bank PO Recruitment
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- IDBI Executive 2020
- NABARD Grade B 2020
- RRB Group D 2019-20 Recruitment
- SSC CPO
- South Indian Bank PO
- Bank of India Credit Officer
- Bank of Baroda PO Exam
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale II Exam 2020
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale III Exam 2020
- Railway Group D Recruitment Notification In Hindi
- Railway Group D Recruitment Exam 2018 Calendar In Hindi
- Railway Group D Recruitment Exam Pattern In Hindi
- NIACL Recruitment
- SSC GD Constable Exam
- Indian Bank PO
- FEDERAL Bank PO/Clerk
- LIC Housing Finance Ltd Exam
- Nabard Development Assistant 2020
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Recruitment
- ESIC SSO
- Army Public School
- IB Security Assistant
- SSC Stenographer
- DRDO Senior Technical Assistant
- Railway Protection Force Constable
- RBI Security Guard
- HTET Recruitment
- RPF SI Recruitment
- Bank of Baroda So
- NIACL Administrative Officer
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank PO
- RRB JE
- IDBI Assistant Manager
- FCI 2020
- SSC MTS 2019
- RRB NTPC
- CWC 2019
- EPFO Assistant
- LIC ADO
- Repco Bank Clerk 2019
- EPFO SSA (Social Security Assistant)
- HSSC 2019
- Nainital Bank 2020
- NVS PGT
- Uttarakhand Assistant Agriculture Officer
- LIC Assistant 2020
- SSC Selection Posts
- FCI Manager 2020
- IELTS Exam 2020
- Central Bank of India SO
- Jaiib Exam
- J and K Bank PO 2020
- J and K Bank Clerk 2020
- PFRDA Grade A
- SBI CBO (Circle Based Officer) 2020