To apply for Indian Bank PO an aspirant should meet various eligibility criteria wrt to Education Qualification, Age Nationality, No. of attempts permissible etc. A candidate applying for Indian Bank PO should lie in a age group of 20 to 30 years and should possess a Bachelor's Degree in any discipline. Besides this a candidate belonging to reserved category is provided some age relaxation whose supporting documents they have to produced when asked.
Indian Bank PO Education Qualification
To be able to apply for the Indian Bank PO exam, a candidate should possess a Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University (or) any Equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
|IBPS Probationary Officer(PO)
|Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University (or) any Equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government
Indian Bank PO Age Criteria
The Indian Bank PO age criteria mentions the permitted age of the candidates as on opening date of online registration to be a minimum of 20 years and a maximum of 30 years.
|Name of the Post
|Probationary Officer (PO)
|Minimum age - 20 years / Maximum - 30 years
Please note that candidates will not be permitted to appear for the online examination without the following documents:
- Valid Call Letter for the respective date and session of Examination
- Photo- identity proof (as specified) in original bearing the same name and other information as it appears on call letter/ application form and
- Photocopy of the above photo-identity proof (as detailed below)
Indian Bank PO Age Relaxation
The candidates belonging to the General category will have to follow the standard age criteria. But the candidates belonging to certain categories will be provided with an age relaxation of a few years,the time period of which will vary depending on the category of each such candidate.
|Upper Age Relaxation
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe
|Other Backward Classes (eligible for reservation)
|Persons With Disability
|Ex-Servicemen/ Disability Ex-Servicemen
|Actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years subject to maximum of 45 years.
|Widows, Divorced women and women legally Separated from their husband who have not remarried
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1-1-80 to 31-12-89
|Existing Employees of The New India Assurance Co. Ltd.
A candidate who wishes to apply for the Indian Bank PO (PGDBF) course must be either: -
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently setting in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories except tibetan refugee shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India