IBPS RRB PO (Scale 1) Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern 2021
You should plan your preparation and make the most of the time available at hand. The IBPS RRB exam conducted for the Officer post cannot be taken too lightly and thus you should be aware of the complete exam pattern. IBPS RRB PO exam 2021 will consist of three phases: Prelims & Mains followed by Interview. Both these exams will consist of different sections and will also consist of sectional cut-offs.
IBPS RRB PO (Scale 1) Prelims Exam Pattern 2021
The Prelims exam will be an online objective examination that will consist of only two tests, unlike other banking exams. There will be two sections: Reasoning & Quantitative Aptitude. Both the tests will be bilingual along with the regional language option to choose. To make sure that you qualify the sectional and overall cut-off of IBPS RRB Scale 1 Prelims, you should be able to score decent marks in both sections, for which you will have to practice well.
|Name of Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time (minutes)|
|Reasoning Ability||40||40||Composite time of 45 minutes|
- There will also be a penalty for all the incorrect answers attempted by you.
- For every incorrect response, 1/4th of the marks allotted to that question will be deducted.
IBPS RRB PO (Scale 1) Mains Exam Pattern 2021
The Mains exam will also be an online objective examination scheduled for September 2021 which will consist of questions from various subjects: Reasoning, Computer Knowledge, General Awareness, English or Hindi Language, and Quantitative Aptitude. All the questions will be bilingual along with regional language options to choose from, except the test of language. The test of the English language will consist of questions in English and those who will opt for the test of the Hindi language will get questions in the Hindi language only. Detail of the Mains exam pattern is provided in the table below.
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time|
|Reasoning||40||50||Composite time of 120 minutes (2 hours)|
- For every incorrect attempt, there will be a penalty of 1/4th marks allotted to that question.
- There will not be any penalty for a question left unattempted.
- You need to qualify the minimum cut-off scores in each test in order to ensure your further selection.
If you are able to qualify for Prelims & Mains, you need to appear for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Interview. The interview will be of 100 marks. The scores obtained only in the Mains exam of RRB PO will be considered while shortlisting for the Interview. You will have to download your interview call letter from the official website of IBPS. The final merit will be prepared on the basis of the online main exam and interview and the marks weightage will be in the ratio 80:20.
IBPS RRB PO (Scale 1) Exam Pattern Related Quick Links
Boost your preparation with Beepedia
High Quality Mock Test for you
Free Important Video Lectures
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Crack SEBI Grade A 2022 Without Coaching?
- International Day of Peace: History, Theme, Significance and More!
- PFRDA Exam 2021: An Opportunity for IT Graduates
- RBI Grade B 2021 Success Stories: Know How Manshul Cracked the Code!
- Important Government Schemes for NABARD 2021 Exam
- RBI Grade B 2021 Success Stories: Sethu’s Inspiring Journey
- RBI Grade B 2021 Success Stories: The journey of Maiden Attempt
- RBI Grade B 2021 Success Stories: Meet RBI Grade B Officer Manoj (Neither an Engineer nor a UPSC dreamer)!
- हिन्दी दिवस विशेष: भारत की राजभाषा के रूप में हिन्दी
- NABARD Grade A 2021: What to do in the Last Week?
Would you like to rate us 5 star.