ICAR Eligibility Criteria
The ASRB has released its official notification to recruit eligible candidates to the posts of Administrative Officer and Finance & Accounts Officer in various ICAR Research Institutes. This is a good opportunity for all those who possess the required qualifications. The online application process has already commenced from July 23, 2021, and will go on till Aug 23, 2021. It is extremely important for all the interested candidates to first ensure that they are eligible for the posts mentioned above. All the candidates can apply to either/both the posts. Take a look at the detailed ICAR exam eligibility criteria 2021 and confirm, if you are eligible for the same.
All the candidates irrespective of the category they belong to, need to possess certain educational qualifications in order to be eligible for any post in the ICAR recruitment. Check out the eligibility requirements for both AO and F&AO posts below:
|Administrative Officer||Candidate must be a Graduate of a recognized University securing not less than 55% mark in the final degree examination or equivalent and must have working knowledge of computer|
|Finance & Accounts Officer||
- A candidate interested in applying for the post of Administrative Officer (AO) should possess a degree in Graduation with minimum of 55% marks from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of computers is also required.
Finance & Accounts Officer
- A candidate interested in applying for the post of Finance & Accounts Officer (F&AO) should possess a degree in Graduation with minimum 55% marks from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Specialization in Finance/ Accounting/ Commerce as the Post Graduation level or professional qualification such as CA/ ICWA/ CS is desirable for this post.
After you are assured that you possess the requisite educational qualifications, you also need to check the age criteria as specified by the Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB) in the notification.
- For both AO and F&AO posts, a candidate must be at least 21 years of age and should not have completed 30 years of age as on July 23, 2021.
|Post||Age Criteria (As on August 23, 2021)|
|Administrative Officer / Finance & Accounts Officer||The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must have not attained the age of 30 years, i.e. the closing date of online registration of application (He/ she must have been born not later than 23.08.2000 and not earlier than 24.08.1991).|
For the candidates belonging to various categories such as SC, ST, PwBD, a relaxation in age will be allowed. The period of relaxation will vary depending on the category of the candidate. Also the candidates can only claim this facility of relaxation on production of required valid category certificates.
- The candidates who are already working in one of the ICAR Institutes holding the post in an administrative (ministerial) category will be eligible for a relaxation upto 45 years of age.
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 Years|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 Years|
|Persons With Disabilities (PWD)||10 Years|
Boost your preparation with Beepedia
High Quality Mock Test for you
Free Important Video Lectures
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1:What is the minimum age to apply for the ICAR 2021 exam?
A:The candidates who wish to apply for the ICAR 2021 exam, for any one / both the posts should at least be 21 years of age.
Q2:Is there any relaxation provided with respect to age to any category of candidates?
A:Yes. The candidates belonging to the categories of SC/ST, OBC & PwD will be provided with an age relaxation of 5 years, 3 years & 10 years respectively.
Q3:What is the basic essential educational qualification required for the posts of Administrative Officer and Finance & Accounts Officer ?
A:To apply for either of the posts of Administrative Officer / Finance & Accounts Officer, a candidate should possess a degree in Graduation with a minimum of 55% marks.
- How to Crack SEBI Grade A 2022 Without Coaching?
- International Day of Peace: History, Theme, Significance and More!
- PFRDA Exam 2021: An Opportunity for IT Graduates
- RBI Grade B 2021 Success Stories: Know How Manshul Cracked the Code!
- Important Government Schemes for NABARD 2021 Exam
- RBI Grade B 2021 Success Stories: Sethu’s Inspiring Journey
- RBI Grade B 2021 Success Stories: The journey of Maiden Attempt
- RBI Grade B 2021 Success Stories: Meet RBI Grade B Officer Manoj (Neither an Engineer nor a UPSC dreamer)!
- हिन्दी दिवस विशेष: भारत की राजभाषा के रूप में हिन्दी
- NABARD Grade A 2021: What to do in the Last Week?
Would you like to rate us 5 star.