It is very essential to ensure your eligibility criteria before applying for the HP State Cooperative Bank exam 2021. You should also aware of the fact that if in case you fail to fulfil any of the criteria mentioned, your candidature will be rejected. There are certain eligibility criteria that are required by the organization like educational qualification, age criteria, nationality, and more. You are advised to go through the eligibility criteria in detail once and only then proceed to apply for the HPSCB exam. If you are eligible for both posts ie HPSCB Jr. Clerk and Steno/Steno-typist, you need to register separately for both posts.
If you are interested in applying for the Junior Clerk/Steno posts, you need to be 10+2 pass with 50% marks or Graduate or above from a recognized University. Also, you should have passed Matriculation and 10+2 from any School/Institution situated within Himachal Pradesh (this condition shall not apply to Bonafide Himachalis). If your institute award final marks in CGPA/OGPA, then the same should be converted into percentage and filled on the online application form. For Detailed information about the Educational criteria, please look at the table below.
|Name of the Post||Educational Criteria|
(Under Direct Recruitment Quota)
(PACS Quota i.e. quota reserved for Trained Secretaries of PACS)
(Under OCS Quota i.e. quota reserved for employees of Other Cooperative Societies and employees of PACS who are not covered under the definition of “Trained Secretaries”
HPSCB Age Criteria ( As on January 01, 2021)
Himachal Pradesh State bank is inviting applications from passionate candidates who want to make a career as a banker in Himachal Pradesh State Cooperative bank. You must be in between a minimum of 18 years of age and a maximum of 45 years of age ( As of January 01, 2021) to be able to apply for the exam.
|Name of the Post||Age Criteria (As on 01.01.2021)|
|All Posts||Above 18 years and below 45 years of age|
Government has a provision of giving upper age relaxation to certain community candidates like SC/ST/PWD. Upper age relaxation of 5 years is given to candidates belonging to the SC/ST community. Other than the above there are other candidates who are also eligible for the age relaxation details of which are given below in the table (Please note that the upper age relaxation is applicable to Bonafide Himachalis only). Also, candidates of other states belonging to the reserved category will be treated as General Category Candidates. Therefore, the benefit of reservation and fee concession will not be admissible to such candidates. Also if you are eligible for age relaxation then you should have the necessary documents that need to be produced as and when required.
|Ex-Serviceman||For reserved vacancies under the Ex-SM quota; an ex-serviceman shall be eligible if his age at the time of joining military service or training prior to the commission, as the case may be, does not exceed the upper age limit prescribed for ibid posts, however, the present age of the candidate must be less than 58 years. For un-reserved vacancies; if the actual age of the candidate less his approved military services does not exceed the prescribed maximum age for the post in question by more than 3 years.|
|Physically Handicapped||5 years|
|Ward of Freedom Fighter (WFF)||5 Years|
|Candidate already in Government Service||5 Years only to employees of H.P. Government|
- An Ex-Serviceman as defined by the Department of Personnel, Govt. of HP should belong to H.P.
- If you are a ward of an Ex-Servicemen you are not eligible for the post reserved under Ex-Servicemen.
- The certificate of IRDP/B.P.L./Antodaya issued by a competent authority is not valid if it is 6 months older and for OBC should not be more than one year old.
- SC/ST/OBC and other reserved category candidates are eligible to apply against unreserved category/general category posts but they will not be eligible to get benefits of age relaxation, 5 % concession in requisite qualification, and fee concession.
- Candidates belonging to OBC Category need to submit a certificate issued from a competent authority that should not be of more than one year old from the date of applying.
For Jr. Clerks under Society quota:
Experience certificate should be issued by the concerned Assistant Registrar, Cooperative Societies of H.P. with authentic certification based on the record of concerning society and only such experience certificates shall be valid. In case the experience certificate turns out to be false, your candidature will be rejected. Therefore, it is advised to ensure that you have valid experience while applying for the posts reserved under the society quota.
Explanation with regard to PACS and other societies:
1. Primary Agricultural credit societies (PACS) include:
- Cooperative Multipurpose Societies ltd.
- Gram Service Cooperative Societies Ltd
2. Other Cooperative Societies (OCS) include:
- Fruit Growers and Marketing Society Ltd.
- Marketing and consumer cooperative societies Ltd.
- Coop. Consumer Store.
- Thrift & Credit Society Ltd.
- All other Cooperative Societies registered under HP Cooperative Societies Act, 1968.
3. Clarification for Trained Secretaries of PACS:
- Those who have completed 5 years of continuous service in PACS from the date of his/her joining in the Cooperative Society
- Trained Secretaries also include Assistant Secretaries/Managers/Assistant Managers of PACS having 5 years continuous service