Canara Bank, a leading Public-Sector Bank with Head Office in Bengaluru and having pan India presence with over 6100 branches, has invited Online Applications, from the eligible candidates to apply for admissions to the specially designed One-year training course leading to Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) either through Manipal Global Education Services Pvt Ltd., Bengaluru or NITTE Education International Pvt Ltd., Mangaluru, which are recognised by UGC.
· The course comprises of 9 months of classroom studies and 3 months internship at Canara Bank’s Branches / Offices
· This one-year full-time PGDBF course will be conducted at either of the following:
o Manipal Global Education Services Pvt Ltd, Bengaluru campus
o NITTE Education International Pvt Ltd. Mangaluru campus
· The programme is fully residential for 9 months classroom studies and the selected candidates should necessarily stay in the campus
Candidates will be selected for admission to the course at either of the above two institutes through selection process consisting of online objective test followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview. On successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded with “Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF)” from that institute and the candidates would be offered appointment in the Bank as Probationary Officer in Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
Amount of Fees / Intimation Charges
` 118/- [Intimation Charges only includes GST @18%]
` 708/- [includes GST @18%]
The total number of Students intake and reservations are given hereunder and are provisional which may vary depending upon requirement of the Bank & availability of candidates under the respective category.
Last year Canara Bank has released 800 vacancies for the post of Probationary Officer. Details are as follows.
We can expect similiar or higher vacancies in year 2019. We will update the details as soon as Canara bank releases notification for Probationary Officers.
The selected students will be inducted into Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) programme conducted either by Manipal Global Education Services Pvt Ltd, Bengaluru or NITTE Education International Pvt Ltd., Mangaluru through this current selection exercise for FY 2019.
Name of the Institute
Course Fee per Candidate
M/s Manipal Global Education Services Pvt. Ltd, Bengaluru campus
Course Fee – Rs. 350000.00 + applicable Taxes (presently GST @ 18%: Rs. 63000.00) Total Course Fee: Rs.413000.00
M/s NITTE Education International Pvt. Ltd., Mangaluru campus
Course Fee – Rs. 300000.00 + applicable Taxes (presently GST @ 18%: Rs. 54000.00) Total Course Fee: Rs.354000.00
· The selected candidates shall have to pay the course fee to the institute as per the payment terms of the institute.
· Candidate can pay the entire course fee in one lumpsum or in 2 instalments (50% of course fee before commencement of the course and the balance 50% fees after two months but before the end of third month of commencement of course)
· The selected candidates have the option to pay the course fee from their own sources or by availing Educational Loan from the Bank subject to eligibility as per the prevailing scheme guidelines as to loan quantum, margin, security, documentation, Rate of Interest, repayment etc. Basing on the outcome of the CIBIL report of the selected candidates and his/her parent, candidate’s eligibility for Educational Loan will be decided.
· Apart from the above, examination fees for undergoing various Certification examinations as mandated under the course will have to be borne by the candidates.
· Expenses for Laptop for undergoing the course, if essential for the candidate, must be borne by the candidate.
· If any discrepancy found in the documents / credentials of the candidate after joining the course, the candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled, and course fee paid by the candidate shall be forfeited. Also, in such event, in case the candidate has availed Educational Loan from the Bank towards payment of Course Fee, the same must be repaid fully with up to date interest.
If any candidate discontinues during the course period, the fees paid by the candidate is not refundable and loan if any availed for the same from the Bank, shall be cleared by the candidate in full, up to date interest along with other charges, if any.
· The selected candidates at the time of joining the course must execute an Agreement / Security Bond to serve the Bank for a minimum period of Five (5) years from the date of joining the Bank as Probationary Officer upon successful completion of the PGDBF course.
· In the event of candidate abandoning, absconding or resigning the services of the Bank before completion of five years, he / she shall be liable to compensate the Bank with an amount of Rs. 100000.00 (Rupees One lakh only] + applicable taxes.
· Also, in such event, in case the candidate has availed Educational Loan from the Bank towards payment of Course Fee, the same must be repaid fully with up to date interest.
Salary & emoluments after joining the bank on successful completion of PGDBF course are mentioned below:
Salary & Emoluments
Dearness Allowance, HRA, CCA, Medical Aid, Leave Fare Concession etc. and Perquisites like Conveyance, Quarters, Furniture etc., depending on the place of posting shall be paid as per rules
· On successful completion of PGDBF course, candidates joining the Bank as Probationary Officer in JMGS-I will be on probationary period for a period of 2 years from the date of joining the Bank.
· On successful completion of various Certification courses by the candidate which are approved by the Bank during the programme, Bank may consider reimbursement of such fees and payment of incentives after joining the Bank.
· Bank will reimburse the total course fees to the successful candidates by way of Loyalty Bonus, in a deferred manner in equal annual instalments, starting from the end of 5th year up to the end of 10th year of joining the Bank subject to continuation of service in the Bank.
· If candidate has availed education loan towards payment of Course Fees, payment of loyalty bonus as above is subject to educational loan being regular.
· The eligible candidates are required to apply ON-LINE through Bank’s website www.canarabank.com.
• All the communications will be sent to the candidates to the e-mail ID used for application.
• Candidates are required to visit the Bank’s website http://www.canarabank.com/english/careers/recruitment & click on the link “RP–2/2017 – Recruitment of Probationary Officers in JMGS-I on completion of specially designed PGDBF Course”.
• Upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given
• The name of the candidate and his / her father / husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates / mark sheets.
• Candidates are advised to carefully fill in the online application themselves as no change in any of the data filled in the online application will be possible/ entertained. Any change / alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
• Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. No change is permitted after clicking on FINAL SUBMIT Button.
• Submission of incorrect / false information in the online application will render the candidature invalid.
• After completion of on-line registration, candidate should take system generated print-out of Registered On-line Application.
• An online application which is incomplete in any respect such as without proper passport size photograph and signature uploaded in the online application form/ unsuccessful fee payment will not be considered as valid.
• Retain a copy of the final on-line application print out along with Registration Number & Password safely for your records.
A candidate should submit only one application. In case of multiple applications only the latest valid completed application will be retained, and the application fee / intimation charges paid for the other multiple registration(s) will stand forfeited
• In case the candidate is unable to fill in the application form in one go, he/ she can save the data already entered. When the data is saved, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent. They can reopen the saved data using Provisional registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed. This facility will be available three times only.
Rs.118/- [Intimation Charges only includes GST @18%]
Rs. 708/- [includes GST @18%]
• Application fees / intimation charges shall be paid through online mode only.
• Once the application is filled-in completely, candidate should submit the data.
• The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
• The payment can be made by using Debit Card, Credit Card and Internet Banking by providing information as asked on the screen.
• After Final Submit, an additional page of the application form is displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details.
• Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees / intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate
• If the online transaction has not been successfully completed, then candidates are advised to login again with their provisional registration number and password and pay the Application Fees/ Intimation Charges online
•On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt will be generated.
• Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-receipt and online application form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
• After submitting your payment information in the online application form, please wait for the intimation from the server, DO NOT press Back or Refresh button in order to avoid double charge.
• For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
• After completing the procedure of applying on-line including payment of fees / intimation charges, the candidate should take a printout of the system generated on-line application form, ensure the particulars filled in are accurate and retain it along with Registration Number and Password for future reference
• Payment of fee by Demand Draft / Cheque / Money Orders / Postal Orders etc will not be accepted and such applications will be summarily rejected.
Check tentative exam dates for Canara Bank PO Recruitment 2019 here
Read in detail about the Exam Pattern of Canara Bank PO Recruitment 2019
Attempt Mock Tests for Canara Bank PO Recruitment 2019 absolutely Free
Already a member? Log in
Already a member? Sign in