Canara Bank PO Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
Canara Bank PO Eligibility Criteria
It is very important for a candidate to ensure his/her eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. Candidate must be aware of the fact that if he/she fails to fulfil any criteria his/her candidature will be rejected. Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria once and proceed to apply for the exam.
Canara Bank PO Educational Criteria
Candidates who are interested in applying for the PGDBF (Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance) needs to have a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PWD) in any discipline or any equivalent qualification recognized by the central government. A candidate should note that 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
|Name of the Post||Educational Criteria|
|Canara Bank PO||A Degree (Graduation) with a minimum of 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PWBD) or equivalent grade, in any discipline from a University recognised by the Government of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.|
Canara Bank PO Age Criteria
Canara bank will invite applications from young and passionate candidates who want to make a career as a banker in Canara bank. Candidate must ensure that his/her age falls in between these two limits given below
|Bank PO||Minimum age - 20 Years / Maximum age - 30 years|
Canara Bank PO Age relaxation
Government has a provision of giving an upper age relaxation to certain community candidates like SC/ST/PWD. An upper age relaxation of 5 years is given to candidates belonging to the SC/ST community. Candidates those are from OBC (Non creamy Layer) are given an age relaxation of 3 years. Candidates who are affected from 1984 riots are also eligible for the upper age relaxation. Further details from the table below-
|Sr. No||Category||Age Relaxation|
|1.||Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe candidates||5 years|
|2.||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates||3 years|
|3.||Persons with Benchmark Disabilities||10 years|
|4.||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|5.||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|6.||Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment||5 years|
Nationality / Citizenship Criteria for Canara Bank PO Recruitment 2021
To apply for Canara Bank PO, A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 01.01.1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or v] a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia & Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) or
- above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A Candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Group Discussion/Interview conducted by the Bank, but on final selection, the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India, is produced.
Other Prerequisites for Applying to Canara Bank PO 2021:
Computer Literacy: Operating & working knowledge in computer systems shall be an essential qualification, which a candidate must either possess or acquire within 6 months from the date of joining the Bank.
Hindi Knowledge: The candidates shall acquire working knowledge in Hindi, if not possessed already, before completion of probationary period.
Canara Bank PO Recruitment Eligibility Criteria Related Quick Links
Boost your preparation with Beepedia
High Quality Mock Test for you
Free Important Video Lectures
- NABARD Grade A Mains 2021: How to Prepare for Descriptive ARD?
- IBPS RRB PO 2021 Interview Call Letter Out!: Prepare for Interview with ixamBee!
- Approaching GIC Assistant Manager Interview
- NABARD Grade A Exam 2021: Mains Syllabus for Finance Stream
- This Diwali, Celebrate Big with ixamBee: Make the most of the coaching for government jobs
- NABARD Grade A Mains 2021 Exam Date Announced!! All Details at ixamBee
- NABARD Grade B Mains 2021 Exam Date Announced: Check Here
- IBPS PO Prelims 2020 Exam Analysis: Section-wise Cut-Off Score
- Approaching GIC Group Discussion
- List of Nobel Prize Winners 2021
Would you like to rate us 5 star.