Being a Head Constable in Delhi Police is a matter of pride. Delhi Police is known to provide a handsome salary to its employees. As the job is a little tough, Delhi Police takes care of its employees by giving them various allowances and perks along with the salary. The starting in-hand pay varies from Rs. 35000 to Rs. 38000. The salary structure for the post of Head Constable in Delhi Police is Rs. 25500- Rs. 81100 (Pay Level 4) as mentioned in the official notification.
Perks And Allowances
You will be eligible for perks and allowances apart from their monthly salary after being selected as Delhi Police Head Constable. Some of the perks are listed below.
- Dearness Allowance - 12% of the Basic Pay under the 7th Pay Commission.
- House Rent Allowance- 24% of the Basic Pay
- Transport Allowance
- Other Allowances- city compensatory allowance, medical allowance, etc.
Delhi Police Head Constable will get promotions based on the performance. In a regular time frame you will get the chance to reach up to the designation of DCP. Delhi Police Head Constable Career growth hierarchy can be shown below.
- Head Constable
- Assistant Sub- Inspector
- Sub - Inspector
- Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP)
- Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP)