Every year Railway conducts recruitment for the post of Constable, the most paramount and prestigious job to start your career. The entire recruitment process involves an online examination from a centre as allotted by Railway. All stages of the examination are mandatory. Railway Protection Force Constable exam will held in three Stages :-
Mode/Type of Examination
Scope of Examination
No of Questions
Duration of Exam (Min.)
COMPUTER BASED TEST ( CBT)
Test common to all post-codes : Quantitative ability/aptitude, General intelligence & Reasoning ability, General awareness, English language (basic knowledge), General science
PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TEST(PET) & PHYSICAL MEASUREMENT (PMT)
PHASE – I – COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT)
1. CBT shall be held at different centres across the country simultaneously for all the Groups.
2. Candidates shall have following language options for Computer Based Test (CBT) out of which they shall have opt for any one. (1)Hindi (2) English (3) Urdu (4) Tamil (5) Telugu (6) Konkani (7) Malayalam (8) Kannada (9) Marathi (10) Gujurati (11) Bengali (12) Odia Assamese (14) Manipuri and (15) Punjabi.
3. The standard of examination will be 10th/Matric level.
4. Candidates will be required to answer all questions and shall be awarded 01(one) mark for each correct answer. Negative marks shall be awarded for every wrong answer. 1/3 marks shall be deducted for every wrong answer. No mark shall be awarded or deducted for questions not attempted.
PHASE – II- PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TEST(PET) & PHYSICAL MEASUREMENT (PMT)
Based on the merit of the candidates in the CBT, candidates will be called for PET and PMT to the extent of 10 times the category wise total vacancy in Group of Zonal Railways/RPSF notified. However, this limit may be increased/decreased as required ensuring availability of adequate candidates for all the notified posts. Passing Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature. No marks are to be awarded. The criteria for PET is as under:
1600 meters run
800 meters run
5 min 45 secs
3 min 40 secs
PHASE – III: DOCUMENT VERIFICATION
1. Based on the performance of candidates in the CBT and subject to their qualifying in PET & PMT, candidates will be called for Document Verification.
2. In cases of two or more candidates securing same marks, their merit position shall be determined by age criteria i.e. older person shall be given higher seniority.
3. Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of educational and category certificates, verification of character and antecedents of the candidates from the local Administration and successful completion of initial training.
4. Candidates may please note that CRC only recommends names of the empanelled candidates and appointment is offered ONLY by the respective Railway Administration.
5. Candidates who do not appear for Document Verification will not be considered in the final selection, irrespective of their performance in written examination and PET/PMT
Already a member? Log in
Already a member? Sign in