Descriptive English can play a crucial role in scoring high marks in your NPST Grade B Phase 2 examinations. With practice you can make Descriptive English to be the most scoring paper. Aspirants who are strong in English often take this section for granted while the candidates who are weak in English give up on this paper early on. The truth is, if you spend enough time on Descriptive English and understand how to attempt the questions you may be able to score the most in this section and improve your overall score.
NPST Grade B Descriptive English Paper is of 100 marks which is to be attempted in 60 minutes. Since you will read, formulate and write your thoughts in these 60 minutes, you should acquire good reading skills and take recourse to the knowledge you have on a diverse set of topics, picked up during the course of preparing other papers..
Grade B Descriptive English papers comprise the following sections: Essay Writing, Letter Writing, Precis Writing and Reading Comprehension. NPST Grade B exam will probably consist of Essay writing, Precis and Descriptive Reading Comprehension as in RBI and SEBI. RBI and SEBI exams also have the same duration of 60 minutes but letter writing is not asked. However, in NABARD, exam duration is 90 minutes and all the four questions are there. Precis Writing and Reading comprehension questions are based on the same passage.
Generally, Essay is of 40 marks, and Precis and Reading Comprehension each of 30 marks. However, it may vary a little bit , hence you should read the instructions very carefully before you start writing the test. The word limit for essay writing ranges from 150 to 400 words in the regulatory bodies exams. Hence, you should be prepared in such a way that you should be able to write your essay as per the prescribed word limit.
Best practices to ace NPST Grade B 2021 Descriptive English
- Spend time reading the newspapers on diverse topics daily. This will help you to improve your reading speed, present your ideas confidently, and keep yourself updated on the current affairs.
- Try to paraphrase the ideas mentioned in the articles and rewrite an alternative/better title for the write-up.
- Work on your vocabulary and grammar. Emphasize more on your sentence structure rather than use incomprehensible or bombastic words that may not fit in or you may not be sure of.
- It is best to frame your sentences in a simple language to convey your ideas.
- Practice writing clear and crisp sentences. When you start practicing NPST Grade B Descriptive English, please do not word or time limit yourself. Your goal should be to ensure what you write is concise and easily understood by the reader.
- We conduct live online classes on topics like Essay writing, Precis writing & Letter writing so that you can learn the nuances and tricks for acing the same in the real exam.
- Our subject matter experts discuss each section in detail and clear any doubts that you may have in these live classes.
- You can practice Descriptive English using our mock tests that can be accessed here. These mock tests are a good opportunity to screen yourself on how you fare in Descriptive English.
- You can get a real time exam environment.
- We go through each and every word written by you and provide detailed feedback and suggestions on how to improve your writing skills for each section of the Descriptive English Paper.
- ixamBee also provide you with detailed feedback on grammatical errors, your content, the way you have expressed your ideas, your comprehension and paraphrasing abilities, sentence structuring, typing errors, word limit, and what else could have been better.
- We mark you as close as an examiner would in a real examination
- ixamBee have a panel of experts who themselves had cleared the bank and regulatory bodies’ exams and had served in the public sector organizations.
- We provide you with a list of top expected topics on which you can read about and prepare yourself well in advance in addition to sample essays on a few of the topics.
ixamBee offers an exclusive NPST Grade B online course which is prepared by the best faculties after a thorough analysis. You get more than 500 video lessons, more than 250 study material, 150-plus difficulty based tests, 75 + section tests, 10 full-length practice tests for phase 1, 5 full-length practice tests for Phase 2 Descriptive English and Paper 2, and guidance for group discussions and interviews. You can also practice Phase 1 mock tests absolutely FREE.