How to Prepare for IBPS PO: A Complete Guide!
IBPS PO is an exam conducted by IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection). IBPS conducts various exams on behalf of various public sector banks as it is the recruitment body and places graduates in public sector banks except for SBI.
Cracking the banking exams is a tough task for the aspirants and IBPS PO exam is the best way to enter the public sector banks. There had been various major changes in the exam pattern of IBPS PO Mains making it similar to SBI PO Mains exam. The vacancies for the officer cadre is announced to be 3562 and due to change in the exam pattern will lead to an increase in the difficulty level.
The performance in the exam depends upon your preparation. So make a plan and strategies to crack the exams at your comfort.
Tips for preparation of IBPS PO exam
Follow these tips and tricks to prepare for IBPS PO exam quickly and easily:
Planning- Proper planning is the key to success. Unless and until you make a proper and feasible plan for the preparation of the exam, you will find it difficult to prepare for the exam and beating around the bush is not recommended. You should go through the exam syllabus and pattern and then make strategies as per your convenience of how to study and from where to study.
Be aware- You should be updated with the latest news, daily activities and events and current affairs for which you should read the newspapers and magazines daily. You should cover more from banking and finance industries.
Study deeply- You should pick up one topic at a time and study it deeply. Do not switch to other topics without completing one topic at a time. Practice as much as you can from a particular topic to gain accuracy and speed.
Prepare your inventories- Prepare the charts and tables required by you and arrange for the relevant books and study material including mock tests and test papers.
Keep preparing for GK- General Knowledge is the most gaining section of the exam. You do not have to allot specific time for its preparation but you need to prepare for it daily by reading newspapers, magazines, current affairs and some GK books.
Manage your time well- Time management is the essential part of your preparation as you have a limited time to solve the question paper and to solve it on time you need adequate practice. You must be familiar with the tricks and shortcuts to gain an edge over the questions. Always prepare taking time into consideration. Practice various mock tests and test series and try to stick to a limited time. You can even practice from the previous year question papers.
Revise and re-evaluate yourself- You should revise the syllabus a few weeks before your exam and work hard upon your weak areas in the time you have left. Practicing more is the only solution for it. Keep on attempting mock tests and test series to re-evaluate yourself and to know where you stand and know the status of your performance.
Be confident- You should be confident about yourself when you are attempting for your exam. Relax when you get nervous and start again.
IBPS PO: Tips and Tricks for Section-wise Preparation
Reasoning section in any exam is used to evaluate your problem solving and logical ability. It is based on the practical knowledge and does not check your subject knowledge.
This section contains two sub-sections i.e. verbal and non-verbal so each sub-section should be practiced well. Divide them into high accuracy, moderate accuracy and low accuracy topics. In this way, you will not take much time in preparing them.
2) Quantitative Aptitude
Divide the topics into four categories and prepare for the exam like that-
1) Easy & Scoring
2) Easy & Time Consuming
3) Difficult & Scoring
4) Difficult & Time Consuming
5) Practice as per the group division of the question.
6) Device tricks and short-cuts for solving the question.
7) Visualize the calculations in your brain to be fast.
8) Learn the tables, squares and square roots for fast calculations.
3) English Language
1) Increase your reading speed by reading articles and passages related to business and economy.
2) Improve your grammar by learning parts of speech and tenses.
3) Speak English as you write.
4) Increase your vocabulary by reading as much as you can and use Wordpower
5) Practice as much as you can and try spotting errors while reading.
6) Watch English news daily.
4) Banking Awareness
1) Read newspapers like Economic Times, Financial Express, Business Standard and Business like to increase your knowledge about the economy and banking.
2) Avoid going deep into stock market section but read sections related to monetary and fiscal policies.
3) Refer various banking books for economic and banking terms.
4) Watch business news daily.
5) Computer Knowledge
1) It is an easy section that covers mostly the basics of computer, hence deep knowledge is not required.
2) Read one or two concise computer knowledge books.
3) Practice from the last year question papers, it will almost solve your purpose.
4) Try to attempt this section first.
Strategies may differ person to person. Hence you should formulate your own strategies and plan accordingly. Work hard and conquer all the subjects.
Try to stick to this pattern while attempting the questions-
1) Computer Awareness
2) Banking Awareness
3) English Language
5) Quantitative Aptitude
Preparing for quants and reasoning consumes a lot of time; so start your preparation on time so that you do not fall short of time in the end. Do not let the question paper affect your confidence.
Try to attend the sections or question you are less confident with and prepare for the ones that are easy and require less time. Manage your time well and keep in mind the changes in the pattern of the exam and prepare with calm and composed mind while focusing on the target of cracking the exam. All the best and kick start your preparations well. срочно онлайн займ на картупервый займ без процентов онлайнзайм частного лица без залога