RBI, Banking and Economy
- Vodafone Idea business arm launches ‘Ready for Next’ programme
- Telecom operator Vodafone Idea’s enterprise arm announced the launch of ‘Ready for Next’ programme to help MSMEs to accelerate their digital transformation journey.
- Moody's upgrades Tata Steel's outlook to 'positive' from 'stable'
- Moody's changed Tata Steel Ltd’s outlook to 'positive' from 'stable'.
- The rating agency also affirmed Tata Steel's Ba1 corporate family rating (CFR).
- Fitch Ratings affirms 'BBB-' rating to GAIL India, outlook stable
- Fitch Ratings has affirmed a 'BBB-' rating to gas utility GAIL (India) Ltd, with a stable outlook.
- The government owns 51.52 per cent in GAIL.
SEBI & Financial Awareness
- SEBI slaps Rs 12 cr penalty on Sahara group firms in OFCD issue matter
- Market regulator Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI), slapped a penalty of Rs 12 crore on Sahara India Real Estate Corporation (SIRECL), Sahara Housing Investment Corporation (SHICL), Subrata Roy Sahara and a few others for violation of the SEBI Act.
- India, Malaysia defence ties
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh and Senior Defence Minister of Malaysia, YB Dato 'Seri HishammuddinTun Hussein on June 27, 2022 discussed a wide range of issues concerning bilateral, regional and defence industrial cooperation.
- World Bank approves $250-mn loan to boost India’s road safety
- The World Bank has approved a $250 million loan to support the Government of India’s road safety programme for seven States under which a single accident reporting number will be set up to better manage post-crash events.
- One Health Pilot to be launched in Bengaluru
- Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying (DAHD), Ministry of Fisheries, Animal husbandry and Dairying, Government of India has taken an initiative to bring stakeholders from animal, human and environment health on a common platform to address the challenges through One-Health approach.
- Commonwealth academy planned by India, U.K.
- India and the U.K. will create a joint Commonwealth Diplomatic Academy programme to train young and aspiring diplomats from both nations.
- NATO to raise response force from 40,000 to 3 lakh troops
- NATO will increase the strength of its rapid reaction force nearly eightfold to 3,00,000 troops as part of its response to an “era of strategic competition,”.
- AAP presents ₹1,55,860 cr. no-paper budget for Punjab
- Punjab Finance Minister Harpal Cheema presented the Aam Aadmi Party government’s first budget for the year 2022-23 with a total outlay of ₹1,55,860 crore.
- He presented the State’s first paperless budget, a step expected to save ₹21 lakh per annum.
- Inauguration of Honey Testing Lab in Nagaland
- The Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar launched the Honey Testing Laboratory at Dimapur, Nagaland.
- It will help beekeepers and processors for testing the honey produced.
- India’s Booming Gig and Platform Economy: NITI Aayog report
- NITI Aayog released a first-of-its-kind report ‘India’s Booming Gig and Platform Economy’.
- According to it, the Indian gig workforce is expected to expand to 23.5 million workers by 2029-30, a near 200 per cent jump from 7.7 million now.
- The report estimates that gig workers will form 4.1 per cent of the total workforce in India by FY30, from 1.5 per cent now.
- Indian D2C sales could reach $60 bn by FY27: Shiprocket-CII-Praxis study
- A study was conducted by e-commerce enablement platform Shiprocket in collaboration with Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) and Praxis Global Alliance, a global management consulting and advisory services firm.
- According to the report, Direct-to-consumer (D2C) brands are estimated to become a $60 billion industry by FY27, growing at a CAGR (compound annual growth rate) of about 40 per cent.
AWARDS AND REWARDS
- “National Highway Excellence Awards” 2021
- The National Highway Excellence awards 2021 ceremony is being organized on June 28,2022 to honor the companies/ stakeholders for the best performing road assets & toll plazas across the country.