RBI, Banking and Economy
- ADB approves $96 mn loan for safe drinking water project in Himachal Pradesh
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a USD 96.3 million (about Rs 770 crore) loan to fund safe drinking water and sanitation project in Himachal Pradesh.
- The loan has been provided under the Himachal Pradesh Rural Drinking Water Improvement and Livelihood Project.
- HUL launches Rs 700 crore unit in Hamirpur district, UP
- Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated the Rs 700-crore spray dried detergent powder manufacturing unit and distribution centre of Hindustan Unilever India (HUL) at Sumerpur in Hamirpur district, Uttar Pradesh.
- ONGC inks gas sale agreements for Tripura’s Khubal field
- The ONGC has inked gas sale agreements with GAIL India and Assam Gas Company Ltd (AGCL) to monetise its upcoming field at Khubal in North Tripura district.
- Under the agreement, the GAIL and AGCL will receive 50,000 standard cubic metre of gas each from Khubal Gas Gathering Station (GGS).
- Shri Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurates Launches Bal Raksha Mobile App
- Union Minister of Ayush Shri Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated Vaccination Centre for children at the All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA).
- He also launched the Bal Raksha mobile app, which is aimed at creating awareness of paediatric preventive healthcare through Ayurveda intervention amongst parents.
- Tricolour can now stay hoisted day & night
- The national flag can now remain hoisted through the night if it is in the open and hoisted by a member of the public.
- As the central government launches a Har Ghar Tiranga campaign from August 13, the Ministry of Home Affairs amended the Flag Code of India 2002 to allow for the national flag to be flown even at night.
- Govt. to start spoken English course for youth
- The Delhi government annouced to start a “mega mission” to help every youth in the Capital speak fluent English.
- An initial fee of ₹950 will be taken as security deposit which will be refunded at the end of the course, subject to their attendance.
- T.N. sends essential commodities ₹74 crore worth to Sri Lanka
- Recently essential goods such as rice, milk powder and medicines, all valued at ₹74 crore, was dispatched to Sri Lanka from the VOC Port, Tamil Nadu.
- Tamil Nadu had already sent essential commodities worth about ₹100 crore to Sri Lanka twice.
- Union Home and Cooperation Minister Shri Amit Shah inaugurated 'Trinetra'
- Union Home minister Amit shah inaugurated several projects at the National Forensic Sciences University in Gandhinagar,Gujarat for smart policing', including an e-FIR system, Integrated Command and Control Centre called 'Trinetra.'
- Maritime Partnership Exercise between Indian Navy and Japan Maritime Self Defence Force
- A Maritime Partnership Exercise (MPX) was conducted between Japan Maritime Self Defense Force and Indian Navy on 23 Jul 22 in Andaman Sea.
- Lleyton Hewitt after induction into International Tennis Hall of Fame
- Former Australian star Lleyton Hewitt was inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
- Back in 2001, Hewitt became the world no.1 at the age of 20.