RBI, Banking and Economy
- RBI fines Ola Financial Services Rs 1.67 cr for not following directions
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) fined Ola Financial Services Rs 1.67 crore for not complying with its directions on prepaid payment instruments.
- The company is a unit of the ride-hailing platform, Ola.
- Adani Group gets LoI for 5G services in Gujarat
- The Adani group has secured a letter of intent (LoI) from the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) for the grant of a unified licence for the Gujarat circle.
- The unified licence will allow the group to provide long-distance call and internet facilities in the Gujarat circle.
- CDPQ buys additional 10% in Apraava Energy at Rs 660 cr deal value
- Canadian pension fund CDPQ has increased its stake in Mumbai-based Apraava Energy to 50 per cent by acquiring an additional 10 per cent stake from shareholder CLP for Rs 660 crore.
NABARD & AGRICULTURE
- Andhra Pradesh returns under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
- The Agriculture Ministry announced that Andhra Pradesh has decided to rejoin the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY).
- Japan awards Ex-PM Shinzo Abe country's highest order posthumously
- The Japanese government has decided to award former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe with the country's highest order posthumously.
- Shinzo Abe will receive the Supreme Order of the Chrysanthemum.
- Logo and Race t-shirt unveiled for NMDC Hyderabad Marathon 2022
- The NMDC and Hyderabad Runners Society along with IDFC First Bank and Government of Telangana launched the logo and unveiled the race t-shirt for the 2022 edition of the NMDC Hyderabad Marathon.
- The national mining major, NMDC has taken up the Title Sponsorship of the Hyderabad Marathon to be held on 27th and 28th August this year.
- Tripura devices scheme to bring back school dropouts
- In order to prevent drop-outs after two years when COVID-19 has disrupted the teaching and learning process, the Tripura state’s Education department will again launch the ‘go to school’ programme with a new scheme ‘ earn with learn’.
REPORTS AND INDEXES
- Experian Global Insights Report
- According to the latest Experian Global Insights Report, the use of digital payments such as mobile wallets has increased significantly in India.
- Digital payments have now overtaken credit cards with 91% of Indians preferring online payment methods for financial transactions.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- NASA’s first image of Galaxy cluster SMACS 0723 from James Webb Space Telescope
- US President Joe Biden revealed one of the first images of the early universe taken from the James Webb Space Telescope at a preview event at the White House on July 12, 2022.
- The James Webb Space Telescope first image is the deepest and sharpest infrared image of the universe till date going back 13 billion years.
- SII to launch vaccine to prevent cervical cancer
- Serum Institute of India plans to launch its indigenously developed vaccine to prevent cervical cancer in women later this year.
- The Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) granted market authorisation to Serum Institute of India (SII) to manufacture the indigenously developed India’s first Quadrivalent Human Papillomavirus vaccine (qHPV) against cervical cancer.
- Chinese scientists develop robot fish that gobble up microplastics
- Researchers at Sichuan University in China have developed a proof-of-concept for a robotic fish that can absorb microplastics through its body.
- It is of great significance to develop a robot to accurately collect and sample detrimental microplastic pollutants from the aquatic environment.
- India, Brazil Navies may collaborate soon
- The Navies of India and Brazil, both of which operate the French Scorpene class submarines, are exploring options for collaboration towards maintenance of the diesel-electric attack submarines.
- AHIDF Conclave to be held on 14th July 2022
- Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying is organising AHIDF conclave at Janpath, New Delhi on 14th July 2022.
- Shri Parshottam Rupala, Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying will launch Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund (AHIDF) projects and felicitate 75 entrepreneurs in the AHIDF conclave.
AWARDS AND REWARDS
- 'Order of the Rising Sun' award
- The government of Japan has conferred the 'Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star' award on Sanmar Group Vice Chairman Narayanan Kumar in recognition of his contribution towards strengthening economic relations between Japan and India.
- Indian Squad for Commonwealth Games 2022
- Harmanpreet Kaur has been named captain of the Indian women's cricket team for the upcoming Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, UK.
- This is the first time that women's cricket will feature in the Commonwealth Games.
- Cricket has been played only once before in the multi-sport event during the 1998 Kuala Lumpur Commonwealth Games when men's ODI cricket was included.