RBI, Banking and Economy
- Finance Ministry exempts excise duty on ATF purchases by Indian carriers for overseas flights
- The government has exempted domestic airlines flying overseas from paying excise duty on Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF), bringing them at parity with international carriers.
- Airlines will, however, continue to pay an 11 per cent excise duty on ATF used for flying aircraft domestically.
- GST: Mandatory e-invoicing for companies with Rs 5-crore sales from January
- The GST e-invoicing will likely be mandatory for firms with a turnover of over Rs 5 crore from January 1, 2023, down from the current threshold of Rs 20 crore.
- The tax authorities will also be able to better analyse the trends and availment of input tax credit across sectors and weed out fake ITC claims, which had emerged as a major issue for the government.
- E-way bills for inter-state commerce up 36% on-year in June
- E-way bills generated by businesses for inter-state commerce in June were up 1.2% on-month and 36.2% on-year.
- E-way bills stood at 74.48 million in June 2022, the second-highest since the system was rolled out in 2018.
- 20 red pandas to make a home in the forests
- The Singalila National Park, the highest protected area in West Bengal, will soon get new denizens.
- In the first rewilding programme of red pandas (Ailurus fulgens) in India, the Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park will release 20 of these furry endangered mammals in about five years to the forests.
- Indians with foreign degrees now eligible for govt. jobs in Bihar
- Indians with a degree from a recognised foreign university will now be eligible for government jobs in Bihar.
- Mission Kushal Karmi
- Mission Kushal Karmi was launched by Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi, Manish Sisodia, in association with the Delhi Building & Other Construction Workers Welfare Board and Delhi Skill & Entrepreneurship University on July 6, 2022 to improve the skills of construction workers.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Artificial diet, feeding device for mosquitoes
- The ICMR-Vector Control Research Centre (VCRC), Puducherry, has filed patent applications for two of its unique products — an artificial diet and a feeding device for mosquitoes reared in laboratory — with the Indian Patent Office recently.
- Ancient jawbone dug up in Spain’s Burgos city
- Archaeologists in Spain had dug up an ancient jawbone that could help them look into the face of some of the earliest human ancestors in Europe.
- 10th World Peace Forum 2022
- Tenth edition of the World Peace Forum 2022 is being organised by Tsinghua University, in Beijing.
- It was started in Beijing on July 3, 2022.
- It is being organised under the theme “Preserving International Stability: Commonality, Comprehensiveness and Cooperation,”.