RBI, Banking and Economy
- Govt approves Rs 2,415-cr project to connect Haryana with Jewar airport
- Union minister Nitin Gadkari announced that the government has approved the construction of a road linking Haryana to the upcoming Jewar International Airport in Gautam Budh Nagar district of Uttar Pradesh.
- Vedanta acquires debt ridden Athena Chhattisgarh Power for Rs 565 cr
- Mining major Vedanta would acquire debt-ridden Athena Chhattisgarh Power for Rs 564.67 crore in an all-cash transaction. The liquidation process for the company was initiated in March last year.
- The deal will be completed in the current financial year, fulfilling its power requirement for its aluminium business.
- Power Finance Corporation inks pact with JBIC for $220-million loan
- State-owned Power Finance Corporation (PFC) inked a loan pact for JPY 30 billion with Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC).
- The Statue of Peace of Swami Ramanujacharya in Srinagar
- Union Home and Cooperation Minister Shri Amit Shah unveiled the Statue of Peace of Swami Ramanujacharya in Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir through video conferencing.
- This statue is four feet in height and made of pure white Makrana marble and weighs about 600 kilograms.
- Shri Hardeep S. Puri launches ‘SVANidhi Mahotsav
- The Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) is organising ‘SVANidhi Mahotsav’ – a cultural festival for celebrating the success of PM SVANidhi Scheme and the beneficiary street vendors & their families, from 09 July to 31 July, 2022 in 75 cities across 33 States/UTs of the country.
- Ex-NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant is new G-20 Sherpa
- Former NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant has been picked as India’s new Sherpa for the G-20, replacing Piyush Goyal, Minister for Commerce & Industry and Consumer Affairs, who was appointed as the G-20 Sherpa in September last year.
- India will hold the G-20 presidency from December 1, 2022 to November 30, 2023.
- Boris Johnson resigns as PM
- Boris Johnson resigned as leader of Britain’s Conservative party, paving the way for the selection of a new Prime Minister after dozens of Ministers quit his government over 48 hours of frenzied political drama.
- Odisha eyes Forest Act implementation by 2024
- The Odisha government is chasing an ambitious target of completing implementation of the Forest Rights Act (FRA) by granting all kinds of rights mandated under the historic Act by 2024.
- The Mission is under scrutiny by the Finance Department and the Planning and Convergence Department.
- Chhattisgarh govt approves electric vehicle policy to create employment
- The Chhattisgarh government approved its Electric Vehicle (EV) Policy 2022 to make the state an EV-manufacturing hub, create employment, and reduce environment degradation.
- The government has set a target of five years in having EVs accounting for 15 per cent of the new registrations of vehicles, individual or commercial.
- Mohun Bagan Ratna for Shyam Thapa
- Former India forward Shyam Thapa was chosen for the Mohun Bagan Ratna, the club’s highest honour, which he would receive on its foundation day ceremony on July 29.